My brother says to NEVER EVER turn the XBOX 360 OFF

Discus and support My brother says to NEVER EVER turn the XBOX 360 OFF in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My brother says to NEVER EVER turn the XBOX 360 OFF... Is that a good idea or a bod idea and why? Thank you for your time. ❤... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheTruthWins, Oct 24, 2020.

1. TheTruthWins
    TheTruthWins Guest

My brother says to NEVER EVER turn the XBOX 360 OFF...

Is that a good idea or a bod idea and why?

Thank you for your time. ❤

:)

TheTruthWins, Oct 24, 2020
  2. TheTruthWins Win User

All machines wear out eventually, so why wouldn't turning it off when not in use be better for it?

Not to mention power usage.

Wouldn't it be cheaper on the energy bill to turn it off?

He just pulls the battery pack off the remote and switches the TV off.

Edit: Oh, maybe he turns the remote off by long holding the XBOX button.

Either way, when i turn the TV on, there is the XBOX on with the game running.

So, this is to clarify the details of the situation.

It is a shared XBOx.

When i start playing it, he isn't there and it is hours and hours before i even see him.

I am sure there is a better way to do this than to leave the CPU running constantly?
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

It doesn't matter if you leave the console on or off. I always turn mine off before I goto sleep. Many people leave theirs switched on. It's up to you if you leave it on or off, as it makes no difference into how the console works.
  4. DBurleson Win User

xbox one kinect risponds to every one who speaks to it

[quote user="kuruczpa"]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember MS saying that it will only respond to the person who's profile is signed in. My brother and my girlfriend can both say "Xbox Off" while I'm playing a game and then "Yes" to shut it off and I have no control over it.
    I believe they advertised it saying that it would be able to tell the difference between profiles, voices, etc.. I was kind of surprised by this that it in fact cant!

[/quote]

they would have to say "Xbox, Turn Off" for it to turn off...Try that next time.
  5. KrisFarrell Win User

Automatic Renewal Error

I'm always able to turn off renewal on both mine and my younger brothers account right after purchasing a new subscription. Never got an error.

But if you do get an error call support straight away and report it and also get them to turn off the renewal.
  6. Fernando d'Oliveira Win User

Xbox showing random pictures when left on home screen

Guys, the same happened here. At first, I thought the images were from my brother devices, but it's not. It as sexual content images. It seemed to stop when I turned the Xbox off the energy. Never saw those pictures anywhere else and I just had turned xbox
    on, on initial screen. It might be a bug.
Thema:

1. My brother says to NEVER EVER turn the XBOX 360 OFF - Similar Threads - brother says NEVER

2. Two brothers playing under 0ne account fifa .but one brother want to make a new account for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two brothers playing under 0ne account fifa .but one brother want to make a new account for...: Two brothers playing under 0ne account fifa .but one brother want to make a new account for himself . can he take fifa from his brother to his new account ? Because for losing no point enz ?...
  3. Switching from my Xbox one S to my brothers Xbox one X

in XboX Insiders
    Switching from my Xbox one S to my brothers Xbox one X: I need your help! So I am switching from my Xbox one S to my brothers Xbox one X. They have both been used. I transferred all of my apps and games to my external hard drive. When I switched Xbox’s...
  4. X box one Brothers in arms problem with save progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box one Brothers in arms problem with save progress: X box one does not keep progress after days. goes to the beginning 2a9bdcb7-cecf-4e73-9efd-02ffc5f91a1c
  5. My brothers account got hacked.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brothers account got hacked.: My brothers account got hacked and the email got changed to the one in the photo, he is in my microsoft family as a child account so i prevented the account from playing games and apps until i get...
  6. I can't play with my brother on Switch with Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't play with my brother on Switch with Minecraft Bedrock: I did everything on the guide but I still got the error message even after I restarted the Minecraft application. 1fdb7642-0e10-42aa-8716-2316ebf191e1
  7. Can't connect to minecraft online in my brother's account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to minecraft online in my brother's account: My minecraft only works online with the main xbox live gold account, despite being in the same family and working in other games 01eb4ef4-252c-40c4-89d1-7cac6d024e91
  8. This is so dumb.Cant buy Xbox live gold.Ive made my mom/brother waste like 30$ and phone...

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is so dumb.Cant buy Xbox live gold.Ive made my mom/brother waste like 30$ and phone...: I tried buying gold,in which it said a existing subcripten i had blocked the prooces of the buy,tried it multiple times.Now im waiting for my mom to call support to get this sorted out.I saw no...
  9. My daughter bought her younger brother x box live gold ..but the code says all ready redeemed

in XBoX on Consoles
    My daughter bought her younger brother x box live gold ..but the code says all ready redeemed: my daughter bought her younger brother x box live .. but the code says already redeemed 14855032-5984-4a30-9d39-7f1306eb1c76
  10. I made a account for my little brother and when I sign in to the account it says the account ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I made a account for my little brother and when I sign in to the account it says the account ...: I don't know if someone hacked my Xbox or what 01713452-ae12-41f5-8b15-1d29e9b88563