My console shuts down when I connect the hard drive

Discus and support My console shuts down when I connect the hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It turns on and I can play but when I connect the external hard disk it shuts down immediately. e3a60936-62cb-45f8-b879-a7327edc8d66 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LUIS8888, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:42 AM.

1. LUIS8888
    LUIS8888 Guest

It turns on and I can play but when I connect the external hard disk it shuts down immediately.

:)

2. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Just to make it clear, you're plugging in the storage drive when the device is on?
  3. Grievous407 Win User

Media player not recognizing USB 3.0 hard drive after recent update

Lucky you, at least your xbox stays on when the hard drive is connected. When I connect mine it auto shuts down, restarts then shuts down and restarts again... it stops untill I unplug it and it starts normal. Never had this problem before and NO! A HARD
    RESET DOESN'T FIX IT!
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive issues

Shut down the console completely then take out the hard drive. power the console back on then put the hard drive back in.
  5. FAKIR101 Win User

My Xbox randomly shuts off while playing with friends

is the console well ventilated, the consoke will shut down wheb it overheats to protect the hard drive
  6. xXPsycoCobraXx Win User

Xbox One X Disk Drive And Wireless

Everything on the console works if you hard reset. If you shut it down you can hear disk drive spinning a couple of times when its off
Thema:

1. My console shuts down when I connect the hard drive - Similar Threads - console shuts down

2. Latest pre Alpha is a mess making console shut down

in XboX Insiders
    Latest pre Alpha is a mess making console shut down: Xbox Series X shutting down after 3mins, whats going on? Left insider programme after 9 years this is the worst one and effecting gameplay. submitted by /u/sithmetal71 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Series X console shuts down when I try to play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X console shuts down when I try to play any game: The current Xbox Series X console is the 3rd console after returning two others (#1 wouldn't power on, #2 system error on startup). This console boots up fine. I can play Netflix just fine for an...
  4. Black Ops Cold War and Consoles Blinking Before Shutting Down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops Cold War and Consoles Blinking Before Shutting Down: Just right now when I was playing Black Ops: Cold War zombies, my game suddenly froze. I could hear my friends for a little while, then my Xbox One X suddenly blinked around 6 times then turned...
  5. Console Shutting Down - Highly Reproducible

in XboX Insiders
    Console Shutting Down - Highly Reproducible: So I have been having issues with my series X shutting down randomly (I thought) during afk events since I got it (downloading, pausing, going outside for awhile). When this happens I have to...
  6. Apex Legends game shuts down xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apex Legends game shuts down xbox one console: Everytime Apex is launched, console shuts down. Console sitting in the open, not enclosed. Checked for dust and blowned out with air. Have done all troubleshooting recommended from Microsoft site....
  7. Xbox X Series console shuts down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Series console shuts down: Hi I have installed the Assassins Creed Valhalla game (via disk). I try loading it and about 10 seconds into the loading screen the console just powers off, this happens everytime I try it....
  8. Xbox one console keeps shutting down itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console keeps shutting down itself: Hello everyone, a few months ago my power adaptor got damaged due to high power voltage and I was busy so I didn't boarder to get a new one until recently. After I plugged everything on a few...
  9. Your Xbox One console is designed to shut down automatically to protect itself from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Your Xbox One console is designed to shut down automatically to protect itself from...: Your Xbox One console is designed to shut down automatically to protect itself from insufficient ventilation. Like other electronic devices, the Xbox One requires proper ventilation. To prevent...
  10. Recently updated page isn't refreshing until the console is shut down on Beta Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Recently updated page isn't refreshing until the console is shut down on Beta Ring: Title submitted by /u/Slyder768 [link] [comments]