My console sometimes turns itself on. Why?

Discus and support My console sometimes turns itself on. Why? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I don't know why this keeps happening with my Xbox One, but at times when I go to work and then later after I get off, I see my console being turned on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Radiant Sword X, Jan 23, 2020.

1. My console sometimes turns itself on. Why?

I don't know why this keeps happening with my Xbox One, but at times when I go to work and then later after I get off, I see my console being turned on by itself. I mean what is going on here? Is my console possessed by a ghost?

:)

Radiant Sword X, Jan 23, 2020
  2. FabledMarauder Win User

My wife recently started having this problem we usually just unplug the console in tell she is ready to use kind of a hassle I know but it's better than your xbox being on 24/7
  3. Xtrem Nitro Win User

Me too it was doing that but always unplugged it before going to sleep
  4. EXLEX Win User

I would like to recommend you a good quality switchable power strip with surge protection !

Use it for your TV and Xbox1 and switch it off when you leave home or go to sleep.

Not only that you don't have this problem anymore, you will be surprised how much electricity

(=money) you will save ! And if I say surprised I mean shocked !

Give it a try ! (not only you of course !)
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

its not possessed i have heard that sometimes instant on mode turns it on sometimes for updates but then forgets to shut down after.
  6. CokedBaby Win User

If turning it off and back on doesn't fix it reset your xbox through the settings
Thema:

1. My console sometimes turns itself on. Why? - Similar Threads - console sometimes turns

2. Can I get my account removed from my stolen consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get my account removed from my stolen consoles?: I had a housfire around the 9th of February and was under the assumption that all my electronics died. But it seems I have unlocked 3 achievements without even playing until a few days ago. Can I...
  3. Multiple XBox consoles wanting to share games and Live Gold.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple XBox consoles wanting to share games and Live Gold.: We now have 2 X-Box One consoles, having had just one set up until now. Ultimately I want to have 2 people playing on-line multi-player games (sharing any games purchased to date) at the same...
  4. Game Invites Sometimes do not work for some people without a console restart on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Invites Sometimes do not work for some people without a console restart on Xbox one: I was playing destiny and using lfg when I got an invite to a game, well I got invited by a party member, the party leader though was unable to send or receive game invites and was unable to...
  5. Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow, sometimes unresponsive and laggy user interface and console dashboard.: Since the revamp of the user interfaces and store and home dashboards, from the system updates towards the end of 2017, I have found my console to constantly be laggy, and slow at times. Certain...
  6. Controller randomly disconnects and sometimes won't turn console on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly disconnects and sometimes won't turn console on: I have had this problem for years now. Sometimes I have to completely power my system down to connect my controller. While playing it will also randomly disconnect then reconnect. Very...
  7. My Console Sometimes Scratch the game discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Console Sometimes Scratch the game discs: Has the title says i have problems with my Xbox 360's disc reader sometimes when it reads a disc it creates little scratches (that cannot be seen without being under a light) but i'm worried...
  8. Sometimes my xbox one s 2tb console is stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sometimes my xbox one s 2tb console is stuck: I have the xbox one s 2tb with os version: 10.0.14393.2123 Why at some games like destiny(Retail disc) or game of the gear 4(Digital) when i play the game is stuck and the only solution is to go...
  9. controller not linking with console on startup sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller not linking with console on startup sometimes: OK so I have a problem I have not been able to find a topic on or a solution. I will be playing and then I shut down my system with no problem. now sometimes I will go to start my Xbox up again...
  10. SOUND BEEP FROM THE CONSOLE EVEN IF ITS OFF, AND SOMETIMES CD TRAY OPENS

in XBoX on Consoles
    SOUND BEEP FROM THE CONSOLE EVEN IF ITS OFF, AND SOMETIMES CD TRAY OPENS: HI, I HAVE BEEN HARING A BEEP FROM THE CONSOLE, VERY RANDOM, WEN ITS ON AND OF... AND SOME TIMES THE CD TRAY OPENS, LIKE ITS POSSESSED JAJA, ANY IDEAS WY THIS HAPPENS?...