My controller will not select when I push "Y"

Discus and support My controller will not select when I push "Y" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Any ideas? all other buttons work.. I may of hit something to reconfigure controller, hit "Y" then got out of the screen.. Thank you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RyanSariana, Aug 2, 2019.

1. RyanSariana
    RyanSariana Guest

Any ideas? all other buttons work..

I may of hit something to reconfigure controller, hit "Y" then got out of the screen..

Thank you

:)

RyanSariana, Aug 2, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. Just to clarify, would this be with an Xbox One or an Xbox 360? if it is an Xbox One controller you may want to try and get to the device settings for the controller and perform a calibration test on the controller.

This
    support article
    will guide you to the Xbox Accessories App, where you'll be able to do the calibration test for your controller. if the button is non-responsive try

updating the controller

If after updating it is still unresponsive you may have to replace the controller as the button may have malfunctioned.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. RyanSariana Win User

So I fixed it. I plugged in my PC keyboard, and used the arrows to move around and the space bar act as "A" or select.

Then I was able to reconfigure as sandy the hippy instructed. Thank you all for your Support!
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. RyanSariana Win User

Sorry it is the "A" button for select
  6. DanMen334 Win User

I need more information, in no game does it allow you to use "Y" or it only happens in the assignment of buttons (remember that some do not let you change their functions), assuming that nothing lets you use "and" I would recommend if you have guarantee
    to use from it, another cause may be that it is not updated try to connect via USB the control to your console to download said update (in my accessories look for the update) in case that does not work and no longer count with guarantee consider that it can
    be a theme as simple as dirt that does not allow contact to be made so that the button does the default action, you could open the control and clean it but that requires some special screwdriver, if you have the tool try it, but if you lack the tool or skill
    you could send it to xbox even if you do not have the guarantee but that will be charged or in a specialized place, if you dare to try it on your own I recommend you see a tutorial on youtu be.
Thema:

1. My controller will not select when I push "Y" - Similar Threads - controller select push

2. Elite controller - menu/back/select/start buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller - menu/back/select/start buttons: Hello everyone just picked up an elite controller, and compared to my old xbox controllers the menu/back buttons feel very soft with no noticeable on/off position. Feel very mushy. Is this as it...
  3. Telus: Xbox One S Controller Buttons not working properly and get stuck. XBOX, Select and B ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Telus: Xbox One S Controller Buttons not working properly and get stuck. XBOX, Select and B ...: Telus (ISPs): Xbox One S Controller Buttons not working properly and get stuck. XBOX, Select and B Buttons stuck Depends on the usage of your controller To get it serviced:...
  4. Need help in selecting xbox controller for pc.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need help in selecting xbox controller for pc.: Hi, I want to buy a controller for use with my windows 10 laptop (it has bluetooth). I want flexibility of using it as wired or wireless. But on the store I only see wireless controllers. Are...
  5. Fifa 18 - controller doesn't work and selected storage device no longer available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa 18 - controller doesn't work and selected storage device no longer available: Hello, I haven't played Fifa for some weeks but when I tried to play some I got to a language selection after Fifa startup but my controller stopped working in Fifa. I could click Xbox button and...
  6. How to select "Settings" in Pandora w/wireless controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to select "Settings" in Pandora w/wireless controller?: I've loaded the Pandora app and am able to access the menu by pressing the 'pause' button on the wireless controller but cannot figure out how to select "Settings" within that menu. I've tried...
  7. Xbox One Controller can't select channels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller can't select channels: So I've set up my cable box and TV through OneGuide and everything seems to be working right. I can see the picture and it looks clear. The programming and channels all show up correctly in the...
  8. Controller volume unable to select

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller volume unable to select: My sons controller headset has gone silent both mic and earphones. I have checked the headset on another device and it works fine. I have tried to check the volume control for the controller but...
  9. xbox one controller dashboard selection not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller dashboard selection not working: at the minute i have a controller that the right stick keeps drifting up, when i go to select something from the dashboard it takes multiple presses as if im not selecting it for long enough and...
  10. Selecting controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Selecting controller: I was playing a 4 player game of Monopoly Plus last night and menu control was assigned to my wife (who is a bit tech handicapped.) Without switching controllers, how can I switch control of the...