My controllers are acting even more strangely than before.

Discus and support My controllers are acting even more strangely than before. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Around 3 months ago I faced this issue where my controller would randomly freeze and become unresponsive in some games and somehow this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SynergyRamoz, Oct 23, 2021.

1. My controllers are acting even more strangely than before.

Hello everyone! Around 3 months ago I faced this issue where my controller would randomly freeze and become unresponsive in some games and somehow this issue is even more worse now even after that latest controller firmware update. Some of the games that are being affected are pshyconauts 2 and COD. my controller randomly freezes mid game and when I pull out the battery and put it back in. it temporarily fixes the issue but for psychonauts it doesn’t my character starts to move automatically in random direction and the game is literally unplayable. Some other games are also being affected now. Random character movements and regular controller freeze are now very frequent compared to before. I hope this gets fixed very soon. It’s been more than 3 months now. This should be a priority because the controller is a main part of a console.

submitted by /u/SynergyRamoz
    [link] [comments]

/u/SynergyRamoz, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Xurts Win User

My controller is acting strange

Haywood, that issue is a common defect with controllers and one I've encountered myself. After discovering there was no known fix I just had to get a new controller.
  3. Haywood77 Win User

Basically when I don't push any buttons on my pad for roughly 5 seconds it randomly uses the up function on the left analogue stick.

I'm sure its the analogue stick as when I press down on the d-pad it fights between going up and down.
  4. Joshua Gill Win User

I think this is the right place to say this, my controllers rt is... well there's something wrong with it on destiny when i shoot it doesn't work but when i break with the same button it works. also i cant use rt to fast forward please help me.
  5. CrazyUSMarine Win User

Xbox controller acting strangely

Try hooking up the controller to the console wired for 15 minutes without a battery. Just letting it sit there, power the controller off, then try it again. If that doesn't fix your problem, contact Repairs for Xbox. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

Thanks for contacting us!
  6. Nitin Bhat Win User

Xbox controller acting strangely

Try hooking up the controller to the console wired for 15 minutes without a battery. Just letting it sit there, power the controller off, then try it again. If that doesn't fix your problem, contact Repairs for Xbox. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

Thanks for contacting us!
    Thanks, I found out the issue, the top left button was stuck as a result that button was always triggered, pulled it out and the controller is working fine now, thanks for the assistance
Thema:

My controllers are acting even more strangely than before.

1. My controllers are acting even more strangely than before. - Similar Threads - controllers are acting

2. My Elite series 2 controller Start button is acting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite series 2 controller Start button is acting up: My Elite series 2 controller has a problem where it thinks it start button(a.k.a guide button)is be held. The controller itself I can physically press the button and it will feel like it...
  3. Xbox controller on pc works normally then doesn't read any inputs for a bit then acts normally

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller on pc works normally then doesn't read any inputs for a bit then acts normally: I have had an Xbox one controller that i purchased for my windows 10 PC, And recently when I am playing a game during gameplay the controller acts like it has been disconnected for a few seconds...
  4. xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller left stick acts as right trigger: i’ve had my xbox elite controller for a while and i’ve never really had any problems, but now anytime i use the controller it’s like i’m holding down the right trigger all the time. when i play...
  5. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update: After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple remove battery and put it back in fix but I...
  6. My Xbox series S controller is acting up.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series S controller is acting up.: My Xbox Series S controller is having an issue where it will not stop pressing the A button. No matter what I do I just won't stop. It is going like it is clicking it as fast as it can and none of...
  7. Controller Acts Weird on App / Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Acts Weird on App / Games: I attempted at playing Maneater and Minecraft Windows 10 using my Xbox One controller, if I press RB + A it will minimize my screen and also enlarge it. Press "A" on Minecraft brings up the...
  8. My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is acting weird and not connecting to the console: Hi, I have recently been having a strange problem with the connectivity of my xbox controller to my console. The problem happens every few days and its starting to get annoying due to the...
  9. Xbox One Wireless controller acting on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless controller acting on its own: Hi! I work at a group home, and one of the people who lives here got a new xbox wireless carbon black controller. He’s on his second one now because the first one had the same problem. What’s...
  10. USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    USB connector controller acts weird with mobile gaming through the Xbox app: controller acting weird I can connect my controller but it will randomly shut off and turn right back on, pause or spin like the thumbstick is stuck. In general it acts weird. Like I can move...