My controllers won't turn on my Xbox Series X. I've tried 3 different ones

Discus and support My controllers won't turn on my Xbox Series X. I've tried 3 different ones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controllers won't turn on my Series X. I have to press the button on the Xbox itself. I also cannot use remote install and any games downloading... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Snowman578, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Snowman578
    Snowman578 Guest

My controllers won't turn on my Series X. I have to press the button on the Xbox itself.

I also cannot use remote install and any games downloading will stop until it's turned on again. It's like once my Xbox is off it's dead. I've tried:

-Putting it on instant on, un checking turning Xbox storage off while powered off

-Using energy saver mode (just in case that worked for some reason)

-Reset Xbox to factory settings

-Power cycled the Xbox, power cycling and unplugging for several minutes

-Plugged it into a wall outlet instead of a power strip

What's interesting is, if I do a full shutdown, or unplug the Xbox, next time I try the controller it comes on, but any other way it goes off it won't come back on unless I press the button on the Xbox itself. Also if I hard wire a controller to the Xbox it turns on.

This series x is brand new I'm desperate for answers or solutions before I have to return it. It took almost a year to actually get one and I don't want to wait another year for another one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Snowman578, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Snowman578 Win User

Thank you for the reply! I checked and enable remote features is on as well as instant on. This combined with the controller issue does seem to indicate a defective Xbox. I could send it for repairs but for as expensive as this thing is I'd rather just return it. I don't want to be dealing with ongoing issues if it's broken day one, I don't want to trust that. I would just prefer to start fresh with a new one. I'm just hoping I can get lucky again to get another. Thank you so much for your help!
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Snowman578! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

For remote installation the device must always be in instant on mode and activate remote functions

To get going, enable remote features on your Xbox console.

Sign in on your console using the same Xbox profile you’ll be using on your mobile or PC app.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide and go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

Check the box to enable remote features.

For the power mode, select Instant-on.

Note If the power mode isn’t Instant-on, remote features won’t work. This is so installation can start even when you’re not there to turn on the console.

Regarding the xbox controller problem, if you have done all the steps you mention and it has not been solved, unless you are linking it with other devices while it is off, you will have to send it warranty
  4. LEPLONGHI Win User

Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on

Tried all kinds of plugs and power supplies, Xbox one is dead, won't turn on... Tried 3 different psu. My xone is about 2 years old
  5. artileryboy Win User

October's update made my console garbage

Same here... When you turn on the xbox one x (didnt check if it happens with xbox one s) from the controller, about 5 seconds after that it looses sync to it and wont re-sync until you shut down the controller and turn it on again, tried it on 3 different
    consoles with 6 different controllers, all that happened after the last update
  6. Ssnnaaaakkee Win User

My controller stopped working

I've tried the troubleshooting that applies to the wireless controller but nothing happens. The problem isn't that it won't connect to my xbox, it's that the controller wont turn on at all or do anything even though I've tried everything i can. I can't try
    it on a different xbox because the controller won't turn on and also I don't have friends close by that have an xbox (they all live quite far away or play crappy ps3's ha) I bought the xbox in late October/early November, will it still be under warranty?
Thema:

1. My controllers won't turn on my Xbox Series X. I've tried 3 different ones - Similar Threads - controllers won't turn

2. Xbox One Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller won't turn on: When I turn on my controller it flashes for a good sec then turns off. I also tried it on a nother xbox one controller and It did the same thing. I've tried changing the batteries mutltiple times...
  3. Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly shut off and won't turn on: I have the standard first party controller that came with the console, and while it was updating it randomly shut off for good. Didn't touch it at all. Is there a fix or is it gone for good?...
  4. Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't turn on: The controller does not turn on. Not wireless. The power light doesn't come on when I connect wired. Please help me 677e72e3-fe79-49c0-b19e-26fbd77678c1
  5. Xbox controller won't turn on and don't know how to fix

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't turn on and don't know how to fix: Just a week a go i was watching the new movie "sponge on the run", once finished, I went to bed. I woke up wanting to play halo, when my controller won't turn on. I was trying to fix like putting...
  6. Xbox controller won't turn on except plugged in first

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won't turn on except plugged in first: My Xbox controller won't turn on except I plug it in first. Then I can unplugged it and it continues to functions completely fine. I use it on my windows 10 PC The problem is not a faulty...
  7. Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off?

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth controller won't reconnect to computer after the controller turns off?: So when my controller turns itself off (after I'm not sure how long) while I'm making myself a sandwich, or something, I come back and it won't reconnect to my laptop, which is still on and my...
  8. Xbox series x won't turn on correctly with controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't turn on correctly with controller.: Hi all. I've got the problem that maybe the communitycan help with. When I try and turn my xbox series x on with the controller the power button on console flashes on and off just like the...
  9. My Xbox one controller won't turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller won't turn on at all.: Basically a couple of days ago, I was just cleaning my Xbox one controller with some sanitary wipes and there wasn't any water with it, I'm putting this detail in incase it has to do with...
  10. Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on via controller after a complete shutdown: Hi community, I am opening this post because it does not fit the ones already opened about similar issues. Long story short, I always perform a complete shutdown into my console, and then I...