My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet.

Discus and support My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a original xbox one. Many years ago i had a problem with My Internet. Eventually I got a ethernet cord and plugged it in and I have had no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DylanArnett, Feb 13, 2020.

1. DylanArnett
    DylanArnett Guest

I have a original xbox one. Many years ago i had a problem with My Internet. Eventually I got a ethernet cord and plugged it in and I have had no problem since then. Although last Saturday I bought an external hard drive from the Microsoft store and ever
    since Saturday my connection has been getting disrupted and/or losing connection. Its hard to stay in a party and trying to play a game is almost a lost cause.

:)

DylanArnett, Feb 13, 2020
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

That's a very odd thing to happen. Can you try using wifi as opposed to ethernet and see if the issue is consistent?
  3. xKIN87x Win User

0x8027025a new console

Is it possible the problem is my internet connection, external hard drive, or even my xbox profile?
  4. AMK InSaNitY Win User

Forza Horizon 3, Not working

Does it save your progress on the game if you delete then reinstal
    Yes, 'cause the games are saved on Xbox hard drive and Cloud, but you will lose it If You start a New game when connected to internet.
  5. MvPLuna Win User

Cannot connect to XBox Live

To answer temper disconnecting a router 24h or 1h there is NO difference, I alredy tried to reset my router multiple times also every internet connection.

My xbox shows that it can connect to the internet but not xbox live.

for souldogwarrior: I do not have any external hard drive i have a 250 internet and i still cannot download my profile.
  6. SSPhxAssasin602 Win User

Witcher 2

If u have a external hard drive connected you could of downloaded the game twice check your Xbox hard drive and external hard drive then just delete the duplicate I had the same thing happen with my and gta
Thema:

1. My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet. - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External Storage Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Hard drive: I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other than the basic troubleshooting steps (turning...
  3. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected: Hello This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation with my seagate external hard drive. I was...
  4. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive. I used the hard drive yesterday and it worked as it should but now my Xbox won’t read it. The light on the hard drive is on indicating it’s working but...
  5. External Hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive problem: I have had this issue for ages. I cannot find any helpful answers on the support pages or the internet, I can't even talk to real agents about this issue. So I've had a 1Tb external hard drive...
  6. XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: I am trying to use a Samsung SHP-ZA10K 1TB external hard drive for games and apps on a XBOX One console. It is definitely USB 3.0. The XBOX will not recognize the drive unless I use a powered...
  7. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  8. Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive: I have an Xbox One S with docking station. I have three hard drives hooked up to it. The Xbox One does not seem to recognize one of the hard drives now. Previously, it recognized all three. I...
  9. The games on my external hard drive all moved to Ready to Install

in XBoX on Consoles
    The games on my external hard drive all moved to Ready to Install: I was able to play my games on my external hard drive yesterday, but then I had to take it out. (I share a console) I tried to plug my HD into the console today and it recognized it. However,...
  10. External hard drive problem on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem on Xbox one: I’m having a problem with an external hard drive that I’ve had for about a year now.Today we had to turn off the electricity in our home. When I turned my Xbox back on, it wasn’t detecting the...