My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.

Discus and support My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thesmophoros, May 15, 2019.

1. Thesmophoros
    Thesmophoros Guest

Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my xbox one runs in to an issue where while it is connected to the external hard drive my xbox shuts itself
    off and attempts to reboot until I unplug the external Hard Drive and then it reboots successfully. I’m not sure what caused the issue but I can’t get my external Hard Drive to stop this odd phenomonon.

Please help.

:)

Thesmophoros, May 15, 2019
  2. CAPTAIN SUMMERZ Win User

I have the same issue with my 2 8TB HDDs it seems to have to do with how much of the drive you are using. Try keeping the storage used under 70%
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

Hello,

Thanks for using the MS forums.

That seems to be a power problem to me. Try getting a new enclosure to your EHD, one with an extern power plug, or with 2 usb for power.

The other thing that may be causing your issue is a extender cord or usb hub. Those kinda things drain power from the console port, and cause problems like you have.

Have a nice day.

Alucario.
  4. Galaxy Golden Win User

5. Thesmophoros Win User

I have the same issue with my 2 8TB HDDs it seems to have to do with how much of the drive you are using. Try keeping the storage used under 70%
    Do you mean the storage of the actual xbox itself or the drive?
  6. reddevildj Win User

external hard drive

I got an external hard drive for my Xbox One and installed everything on it, yesterday i turned off the Xbox while i was on a game and now my Xbox doesn't recognize the hard drive but when i connected it to my PC it is recognized.
Thema:

1. My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it. - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive not reading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not reading games: I've used the same 1tb external drive on my xbox for awhile now but as I was playing cod black ops it crashed and restarted. it wasn't recognizing the drive so I unplugged and plugged it back in,...
  3. External hard drive xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive xbox one: I recently bought an xbox one, I already have an xbox 360, this has an externam hard drive, my question is how can I use the external hard drive of my xbox 360 in my xbox one? I tried to connect...
  4. External hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drives: I'm running out of space on my 2tb hard drive so I'm thinking about getting a 4tb drive. I don't have a computer that i can use to transfer my games from one drive to another so I'm wondering...
  5. How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...: I want to delete the games on my "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD" This External Hard Drive is currently on a Original Xbox One console and I want to clear the...
  6. External hard drive is recognized but won't play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is recognized but won't play games: Hi so I have two external hard drives and my first one works great but my second one which is a western digital easy store 4 tb Is recognized but won't play games. It says the game needs to finish...
  7. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: if i buy an external hard drive, say the seagate one for xbox, will it work with project scarlett when it comes out in 2020? 4e4acd2b-6425-4ef5-8902-ae9f4ab24505
  8. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: My grandsons friend brought over his external hard drive to play games on xbox one and now i cant get to play games why? 610c45d7-59ca-44f6-82b6-a897abb12456
  9. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: External 2Tb Seagate My Xbox One required an update this morning when i turned it on and after updating my external drive turned off and wont come back on. The drive is only a month or two old...
  10. External Hard Drive lag issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive lag issues: So my external hard drive has been working fine up until recently. When a game starts a cut scene, it will lag(the scene stops and starts over and over) and when the scene ends, the game play...