My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home

Discus and support My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'd like to only have to pay for 1 gold account for my family. Please read through to the end before you decide to suggest I set my "Xbox home"... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GoogleUser1234567, May 12, 2020.

1. My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home

I'd like to only have to pay for 1 gold account for my family. Please read through to the end before you decide to suggest I set my "Xbox home" settings up.

My family's home has 3 Xboxes and 4 family members. I'd like to be able to share our gold subscription with all the Xboxes so each person in my Microsoft family can have access to the features and content purchased by the main account. The trouble is that we can only figure out how to extend these features to two family members and the other two don't have access to the gold or the content.

Here is the set up. My husband's Microsoft account has all our content and games from when we got the Xbox 360 in 2006 (?). It is a lot of expensive content. He has set his "home Xbox" to the console in my son's room (let's call that Xbox 1) so that my son can access the games and Xbox gold account even when my husband is playing from our bedroom. I don't play in my son's bedroom. I don't have a gold account. I'd like to be able to play with my children from the Xbox in my bedroom (Xbox 2), but we only have 1 gold account (which is really all we should have to pay for since we are just one family). My daughter can't play at all from her bedroom (Xbox 3) and has to go into my son's room to play, and (as I'm sure you know) sibling rivalry can get in the way of peace, especially in a quarentine. The only people that can play together are whoever is on Xbox 1 and my husband from any of the other devices. It leaves the rest of us in the dark.

Please consider coming up with a solution for this so my Xbox loyal family (we have purchased 4 of your consoles since you started making them) can play together. Right now it does not feel like Xbox is a very family friendly platform.

submitted by /u/GoogleUser1234567
    [link] [comments]

/u/GoogleUser1234567, May 12, 2020
  2. Fyer Win User

Family Gold Account

Yep after you set it up you can split off on different units. We have 4 accounts on 3 different units at our home. Family plan was one of the best things to happen. I don't have to share my xbox as much now :)
  3. ANDY DREDLOX Win User

family pack

I think this is quite bad, 3 months is a bit of an insult to a loyal family pack owner, yeah the new live different people can plat on one gold account on xbox one but what if my family has 4 xbox ones (like i have 4 xbox 360`s ) more let downs from what
    was a good offer now gone
  4. I KrAzY KaT I Win User

Family Subscriptions and Child account status

I completely agree. I was just about to buy a family plan but since my husband, and my 18 yr old son and 19 yr old daughter have to become child accounts (when they have been adult accounts for 6 yrs now) I have changed my mind to not buy a family plan.
    We have four xboxes in our home so everyone has their own xbox because nobody wants to share. When xbox lets the family plan be 4 adults, thats when i'll buy it!
  5. Nixelplex Win User

Multiple Xboxes on the same network sharing games.

I feel your Frustration. We have 3 Xbox ones in our house as well. It's an inconvenience to not be able to play on all 3 will the same family account. We are able to play on two at the same time using the Home feature. All of the family accounts on
    on the Home Xbox and My profile is on the Xbox in the Den. The family can use my digital games and Live on the home console and I can use the Xbox on the den. But if we want to use the Xbox in the bedroom at the same time it will log me out of the Den, because
    I have to be logged into that one for other family members to use the digital games and live.

I wish they had a better solution, Maybe this will be something they can address in the next Console.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Xbox gold

Unfortunately no.

Our family has the same issue as you, we have 3 Xbox's in use(Xbox One, One S and One X) and require/have 2 GamePass Ultimate subscriptions to enable access across the 3 consoles.

It would be great if they introduced a "Family Plan" which would include 3-4 consoles... without opening themselves up to those who would abuse the service.
Thema:

My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home

1. My family of 4 people has 3 Xboxes in our home - Similar Threads - family has Xboxes

2. Xbox 360 from Goodwill has a family settings passcode that I can’t access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 from Goodwill has a family settings passcode that I can’t access: I bought an Xbox 360 S from Goodwill and I haven’t got to test it due to a power outage. I turned on the console and wiped the HDD and transferred my data from my original 360. To my surprise,...
  3. My son has joined xbox live as a family member but he doesnt seem to be recognised?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son has joined xbox live as a family member but he doesnt seem to be recognised?: Hi, My son has joined our main xbox live account on our xbox one as a "family member" and we followed the instructions on how to do this and all seemed fine. Unfortunately when we go into the...
  4. Created a Child Account in Family settings and he has now lost all his achievements and Gold ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Created a Child Account in Family settings and he has now lost all his achievements and Gold ...: Hi, Any advice on moving my boy from my master Gold Account to a Child Account without losing all of his achievements and access to Gold subscription. I have set him up as a new child account but...
  5. Family Member can't play online with his friend...has to use my profile?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Member can't play online with his friend...has to use my profile?: My son is 7. He's just starting to play games like Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies 2, and we want him to be able to play online with the son of a Friend of mine through Xbox, who's 9 and has his...
  6. Bought used x360 and it has a family passcode l, how to remove it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought used x360 and it has a family passcode l, how to remove it?: How can I remove a family passcode from a used Xbox 360 I just bought? f5a08128-087c-42d7-98de-34ea7b1130f7
  7. Dear sir i buy one used xbox 360.It has security in Setting>Family>enter pass code.I wants to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear sir i buy one used xbox 360.It has security in Setting>Family>enter pass code.I wants to ...: Dear sir i buy one used xbox 360.It has security in Setting>Family>enter pass code.I wants to reset. i make format for hard disk but same problem b544b755-250c-49f3-99a9-86686864ff49
  8. i dont know why my account has 2 bans on it. mightve been hacked, or friend/family member

in XBoX on Consoles
    i dont know why my account has 2 bans on it. mightve been hacked, or friend/family member: my account has 2 bans on it. One for harassment (yet I got com banned and can't send messages/ go in any form of chat) and the other is com ban even tho I don't send messages (so might've been...
  9. I found an Xbox 360 Slim but it has Family Setting On

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found an Xbox 360 Slim but it has Family Setting On: I found an Xbox 360 slim but it has Family Setting On, how I reset it? Please reply quick. 0ad091c8-93a6-4609-9375-6ff7b091036b
  10. Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...: Hey there, I don't really know where to post this kind of question to forums, as I've never posted here before. But basically I bought a xbox 360 slim 250gb console second-hand, and it has family...