My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do?

Discus and support My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, My first name, 'Kian' is considered a bad word on xbox and I can't use it on my profile or gamertag. Is there somewhere I can contact within... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KianShirazi-Parsa, Mar 26, 2020.

1. My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do?

Hello,

My first name, 'Kian' is considered a bad word on xbox and I can't use it on my profile or gamertag. Is there somewhere I can contact within Microsoft to get this changed?

UPDATE: Turns out the new gamertag changes don't include the unicode script to accept my name. Even though the scripts were included in the past to allow my name. And there seems no way to create a bug for this or contact anyone about this. Ridiculous.

:)

KianShirazi-Parsa, Mar 26, 2020
  2. HorridSalmon Win User

I suggest maybe using the 'Kian' name in other forms maybe like having your Gamertag be 'K1AN'
  3. XA DRBATTLE Win User

have you tried putting it in a different format, or even using a middle name? try microsoft support if nothing works
  4. JoelAlves1987 Win User

Tente colocar numeros parecidos com as letras de seu nome, ou talves coloque ele de traz pra frente
  5. KianShirazi-Parsa Win User

My name is not a swear word in Persian I am sure lol. I checked and someone else has the gamertag "Kian", so now with xbox allowing users to have any gamertag they want, I should also be able to use "Kian".

But any gamertag I try with my name in it "kianWTF", etc. gets denied. But someone literally has that has a gamertag using the same name so idk why they decided its a bad word now???
  6. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

You're sure? Is this because it's a swear word in another language or what?
Thema:

1. My first name is considered a bad word on Xbox. What can I do? - Similar Threads - name considered bad

2. Changed the wrong account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed the wrong account name: I wanted to change one of my account names because it had a letter missing but the website signed me in on the wrong account now i cant change it back because the original name had to many letters...
  3. Transferred old screen name??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferred old screen name??: When I transferred my son's xbox epic account to PS4 his old screen name: "Hihibutt123" turned up. We don't know where it came from! His screen name is "ChaserDude009". Can that be recovered, or...
  4. Changing my name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing my name: How come if i want my name to be [Mod Removed] it is not allowed but names like [Mod Removed] are accounts 0b543d07-9b7e-4afc-8496-afee242d3426
  5. Xbox name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox name: So I just used my free name change and triple checked to make sure it was right, clicked verify to make sure the name wasn't taken which it said it wasnt, but when i changed my name it changed my...
  6. Name not allowed but variants are

in XBoX on Windows
    Name not allowed but variants are: I simply wanted to change my name to LillyCailin (cailin meaning girl in gaelic) however it simply says that the gamertag isn't allowed. In testing out gamertags your system both allows me to use...
  7. Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag and Fortnite display name: So I listened to loads of faqs already and so I changed my gamertag on my Xbox recently. However when I loaded up Fortnite my display name still appeared as my previous gamertag. From what I had...
  8. Ultimate Next To Gamertag Name Now?

in XboX Insiders
    Ultimate Next To Gamertag Name Now?: I noticed a few days ago but I noticed the word ultimate at the end of my Gamertag , I'm guessing this is new and a way to let ppl know that you have Xbox game pass ultimate? so if u don't I guess...
  9. There is a new tag next to your name if you own game pass ultimate. Is this only available...

in XboX Insiders
    There is a new tag next to your name if you own game pass ultimate. Is this only available...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MrSirjohny [link] [comments]
  10. enforcement team?? they need to rethink the name considering they issue bans like its candy

in XBoX on Consoles
    enforcement team?? they need to rethink the name considering they issue bans like its candy: I got a communications ban and then two days later I got a harassment ban? how is that possible? I can't even talk to anyone so how can I harass someone on xbox. this so called enforcement team is...