My friend's gamertag isn't working

Discus and support My friend's gamertag isn't working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to add my friend through cross-platform on minecraft. I'm on ps4 and she's on PC. For some reason her gamer tag will not work and we can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FeatherEmber, May 10, 2021.

1. FeatherEmber
    FeatherEmber Guest

I'm trying to add my friend through cross-platform on minecraft. I'm on ps4 and she's on PC. For some reason her gamer tag will not work and we can't figure it out. Someone, please help?

:)

FeatherEmber, May 10, 2021
  2. melissamyo Win User

Recovering my gamertag isn't working

I'm not really sure what happened, but I tried it again today (and I tried a bunch of times yesterday) and it worked.
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

probably means you are not entering the email associated with that account and or password correctly. since both are on your console that is most likely why you have no problem signing into it on your console.
  4. melissamyo Win User

But I tried with a different e-mail and password and it said something different, like the e-mail and password don't match or something.
  5. Fucking Sexy Win User

Need Help

There was a gamertag on my friends list and it isn't there now and the gamertag doesn't even exist.... send Forum Ninjas ASAP
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Gamertag isn't working right

Hello Easydererste,

Unfortunately, we would not have any estimated time frame available. We recommend waiting for a future update to resolve this issue as stated above. You can also try
    contacting a live Xbox support agent to see if they have any other options for this issue.
Thema:

1. My friend's gamertag isn't working - Similar Threads - friend's gamertag isn't

2. Gamertag Redirect made me change my friends gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Redirect made me change my friends gamertag: I wanted to change my gamertag so I tried to change it from the Xbox app on my pc but it redirected me to the web. I changed my username but I was unknowingly signed into my friends account. Is...
  3. Gamertag is taken for my friend but not me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag is taken for my friend but not me.: I was trying to find a gamertag for my friend and I finally found one that didnt have numbers at the end. I told him to type it in his username change and it was taken for him and he was forced to...
  4. Unable to find friends Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find friends Gamertags: Hi, I have a European model series S (didn't realise this when I bought it, thanks Amazon!). Everything set up fine, Microsoft account was fine, my Game Pass Ultimate is all set up, but my friends...
  5. Gamertag Exchange / Looking for New Friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Exchange / Looking for New Friends: Hi there, I am keen to get some friends on Xbox as my friend list is pretty low. I play varied games from RPG to Online FPS etc. Feel free too add me if you want... Caaaaarl13 Thanks!...
  6. only have few friends,i cannot really tell which gamertags they had earlier. isnt it...

in XboX Insiders
    only have few friends,i cannot really tell which gamertags they had earlier. isnt it...: it would be neat to have a feature which shows the past (3 orsomething like it) gamertags friends in the friends list had and which they changed from to current. submitted by /u/SingingCoyote13...
  7. When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get an...

in XboX Insiders
    When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get an...: When I attempt to game share with a friend and set his gamertag as “my home xbox“ I get the error, “we are unable to connect to the service at the moment. try again in a little while”. I have 5...
  8. My GamerTag is unique, why do my friends see the numbers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My GamerTag is unique, why do my friends see the numbers?: I just created my GT, and when the option came up, there were no numbers and (since I've done this before) there was no wording to explain how my GT would appear in 2 different ways because it...
  9. Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.: Hello, my friends were over at my house and they thought it would be funny to change my gamertag to something vulgar. They changed my gamertag to "[mod removed]". I was wondering if I could get my...
  10. Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring): Aa of March 28th,2020, The Gamertags on my friends lisy and in Party do not show up anymore. I have reported the issue already but I wanted to post here to ask if anyone is having this issue?...