My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join some games.

Discus and support My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join some games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join minecraft servers with a whitelist because you cannot to commands with names without spaces.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MicPro6502, Aug 17, 2022.

1. MicPro6502
    MicPro6502 Guest

My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join minecraft servers with a whitelist because you cannot to commands with names without spaces.

:)

MicPro6502, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, MicPro6502

Awesome! I am glad it has worked for you, and thanks for the compliment.

Nathan
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, MicPro6502

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

When writing commands, please try using an underscore "_" where there would be spaces in your name. This is what we use when we a programming, especially when spaces are not allowed to be used for variables.

Does this work?

Alternatively, they may have used a command to remove all white spaces, which is another common trick. Thus, you could try entering your name in without the spaces and see what happens. Or you can surround your name in quotes. For example, "gamertag with spaces"

Nathan
  4. MicPro6502 Win User

Hi Nathan

Sorry But that doesn't work.

5. MicPro6502 Win User

Hi Nathan,

I tried again it worked Thanks You're the Best!

6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Gamertag problem

If it is coming up with the same message that it is taken then that means in some way that gamer tag is in use like drifterx22 said.

The system does not see capitalization and spaces so:

MyXomoTag

myxomotag

My Xomo Tag

and any other variation no matter where you put the spaces or the capitalization would be the same gamer tag and it would not be available.

With that amount of letters there could be probably over a million different ways to try and put it in with different spaces and capitalization.

Also if the enforcement team at any time has decided the gamer tag to be against the code of conduct then the gamer tag would be taken out of circulation and NEVER be able to be used again.
Thema:

1. My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join some games. - Similar Threads - Gamer tag has

2. It looks like a second gamer tag has been associated with my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    It looks like a second gamer tag has been associated with my account: The billing email address for my account for Xbox Live Gold is the one I use to login to my Xbox with. However, it looks like a new gamer tag was associated with the Live Gold account. For...
  3. Want a gamer tag that has been inactive for 8 years

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want a gamer tag that has been inactive for 8 years: Hi! I wanted to claim a gamer tag for a Mixer channel I want to start but the tag is taken and has been inactive for 8 years. Is there anyway the tag can be claimable at all and if so is there...
  4. my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email...: please help xbox support my xbox one has bin hacked and cant log in to my gamer tag and they have changed the email to reset password and taken my phone number off too . ive tried doing a talk...
  5. Gamer tag has been changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag has been changed: So on the 25 of April my gamer tag was changed. I had to file for a review which came out and overturned the decision to change my gamertag. I was told that I could change it back to my original...
  6. Gamer tag has been changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag has been changed: So on the 25 of April my gamer tag was changed. I had to file for a review which came out and overturned the decision to change my gamertag. I was told that I could change it back to my original...
  7. Please can you explain why my son has been banned a gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please can you explain why my son has been banned a gamer tag: I see no problem with this picture it is just someone standing over another just about to cast a spell how can this be a problem? My son is autistic and loves Japanese animie this is why he has...
  8. my gamer tag has changed without a valid reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my gamer tag has changed without a valid reason: my gamertag has up there for over a year, only now it got removed, i want a refund off my gamertag purchase so that i can make a new one, my was fine with ur rules and regulations, so tell me y it...
  9. I have paid to change my gamer tag but nothing has happened? Is there a delay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have paid to change my gamer tag but nothing has happened? Is there a delay?: I changed my gamertag yesterday and paid the completely fair and not at all ridiculous price of £7.99 for the privileged but nothing has happened... I still have the same tag. Many on here have...
  10. I have paid to change my gamer tag but nothing has happened? Is there a delay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have paid to change my gamer tag but nothing has happened? Is there a delay?: I changed my gamertag yesterday and paid the completely fair and not at all ridiculous price of £7.99 for the privileged but nothing has happened... I still have the same tag. Many on here have...