My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it

Discus and support My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when I tried to sign in the xbox.com and set my profile, error occurs and gamer tag is automatically set as stupid one. after that, I try to change... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TwitchyBonsai80, Jul 23, 2019.

1. My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it

when I tried to sign in the xbox.com and set my profile, error occurs and gamer tag is automatically set as stupid one.

after that, I try to change it, error occurs too and does not change it.

even the tag that I tried cannot use again after error occurs.

it happens twice. what should I do.

:)

TwitchyBonsai80, Jul 23, 2019
  2. OreganoKD Win User

To fix this try restarting your device or console but if that does not work try changing it on the console.

To do this go all the way to the left where you change if online or offline. Click on profile and click the edit pencil. This is where you can change your name but only once you can change it with out pay. Good Luck hope this worked. If not respond back.
    Thanks.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello there,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concern comes from not being able to replace your current Xbox Live gamertag.

Are you unable to change the gamertag from other locations such as on an Xbox One console, or maybe even a different web browser? Please attempt to follow our
    how to change your Xbox gamertag support article.

Clarify this information for us and we'll be here awaiting your reply.

Best wishes!
  4. TwitchyBonsai80 Win User

on your website.

I used surface pro 4 and edge browser.

I don`t use xbox device.

and the biggest problem is I can`t try the tag that I tried to change before error occur.

first time that I tried, website says tag can be used.

but if I try to change, error occurs.

and then I reconnect the website and try same tag again, website says it already used someone.

if I try another tag, same thing happen.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

6. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft Will Not Remove Xbox GamerTag off Microsoft Account

you cannot change the ms account

You can only change the gamer tag to free it up and wait for it to be free again to reuse

As smuwtches mentioned you cannot delete any account

Managers and supervisors.arenonly available.on the call.center

There is no way to bypass the set priceedures
Thema:

1. My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it - Similar Threads - Gamer Tag set

2. Memorializing a Loved Ones Gamer Tag after they Pass Away

in XBoX Accessibility
    Memorializing a Loved Ones Gamer Tag after they Pass Away: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I also think your suggestion is a wonderful idea. Please think of forwarding it to https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/ I'm sure many would love to be able to do this....
  3. My profile, gamer tag and games are suddenly missing from my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    My profile, gamer tag and games are suddenly missing from my xbox one: Hi, I signed on to my Xbox one 2 days ago and my profile, gamer tag, and games were all gone. When I tried to recover it, I could only recover my Xbox 360 profile. Has anyone seen this problem...
  4. Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag: Hi I deleted a previous email address due to hackers and i made a new one but i need to link my old gamer tag to new email address. I made a new microsoft account but cant transfer older gamer tag...
  5. Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada: I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country. 4cbdfa19-833c-489a-816c-0ee85e1fd2c6
  6. Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Different gamer tags on Xbox live and microsoft account: Had xbox live for years. Just created a microsoft account using a different email because Microsoft wouldn't recognize the old email I had created the account with. When I did microsoft attached...
  7. gamer tag

in XBoX on Windows
    gamer tag: how long until new gametag appears after I changed it? a2e899ab-3b68-4fa0-bf21-c063a589e594
  8. 3 hamertags op 1 account [Edit - Translation] - 3 gamer tags on 1 account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3 hamertags op 1 account [Edit - Translation] - 3 gamer tags on 1 account: Heb lang gespeeld solitair collection. Al best ver in . Nu speelde ik onder "51", heb gisteren andere laptop gekocht en daar ook solitaire op gezet, echter dacht bij aanmelden was, helaas, en toen...
  9. Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant access my console settings Gamer tag and passkey are set, yet password still required: DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN CONSOLE INFO. So I am the primary account holder on my families xbox one console. My gamertag and passkey have been setup (over four years ago). I...
  10. How to set up new gamer tag with new email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up new gamer tag with new email: Hi. I've fully reset my Xbox and I'm trying to restart my Xbox game fifa 16 from scratch. I've set up a new email address, password, etc. I've tried to set up the box with my new address but it...