My gamertag was changed

Discus and support My gamertag was changed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My gamertag PlungedPlacenta was changed by the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, now you give me a default xbox gamertag and my friend list decide to delete... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CleanWhelp96235, May 30, 2014.

1. My gamertag was changed

My gamertag PlungedPlacenta was changed by the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, now you give me a default xbox gamertag and my friend list decide to delete me since they don't know who i am, and now you want me to pay another £6.79 just to change my gamertag
    on top of the monthly gold subscription i pay for every month, this is unacceptable

:)

CleanWhelp96235, May 30, 2014
  2. My gamertag was changed!

Apparently my gamertag has been changed due to the fact that it said it violated the terms, but when I made the gamertag about a year ago it wasn't a problem and now you want me to pay for a new one? That's crazy! I should not have to pay for a new gt if
    it was fine a year ago I have had nothing but problems with xbox since I got it and the xbox support doesn't seem to help either.

SillyCub3765842, May 30, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    My Gamertag was changed

The rules has always been the same.

It just took that long for someone to report it

Unlike xbox if psn find your name offences someone they ban your account so Nk keep it clean it's not rocket science

ngocphi, May 30, 2014
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

My gamertag was changed

It used to be that if you were issued a forced name change, you would receive a new name of your choosing free of charge. That policy changed and you now receive a randomly generated name. You will have to pay the fee to change it to something of your own
    choosing. The code of conduct clearly states this, and serves as your only warning for violations. Your gamertag was found to violate the COC and you received a FNC. Please remember that if you decide to change the random name you were given, that if you continue
    to register gamertags that are offensive, it can result in the banning of your account.

oOUTSIDERo62, May 30, 2014
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

changing my gamertag

That would have only been a recent change. The gamertag I am using here was once a different name. After I changed it to what it is now, I used that old name on a secondary account.
  6. cr4zy f1sh Win User

changing my gamertag

Unfortunetly. Dosent matter how much i pay

Its still going to say its taken.
  7. Feudy 1 Win User

Changing my gamertag

what if it's a gamertag that hasn't been used in years? Don't they reset unused gamertags?
  8. WPAK Win User

Changing my gamertag

Hi there

-

gamertags are used across services, so even if you can't add the gamertag on Xbox Live then it may still be in use.

So basically when the system says that the gamertag is in use, then it is not available.

The only thing you can do is to choose a different gamertag.
  9. Metroboominrell Win User

My gamertag change

Is there way i can get my gamertag fix my old gamertag was [Mod Removed] and it's now ScaryCalf135158
Thema:

My gamertag was changed

1. My gamertag was changed - Similar Threads - gamertag was changed

2. Gamertag seemed to be changed with reset and cant access original one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag seemed to be changed with reset and cant access original one.: I had to do a reset on my kids XBox One, the problem is that when I resigned in my original Gamertag was replaced with a new one as if a brand new account was created. All game progress and...
  3. Being charged to change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being charged to change my gamertag?: So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it? I thought the first change was for free and...
  4. Gamertag Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Change: Hi, as the title says I asked for a change of gamertag like 2 and a half days ago, since it was my second change of gamertag there was a charge to my account to do it, which I paid. I can see the...
  5. Change email of gamertag/xbox account to another email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email of gamertag/xbox account to another email: I am trying to change the email associated to my xbox account to another email. The email associated to my gamertag is my parent’s email since they created the account for me when I was a kid....
  6. An unknown user changed my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    An unknown user changed my gamertag: My gamertag was changed today from GageTheGhost to I have no idea why 8d8b2566-71cd-404c-881a-0ff61939e3f7
  7. absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused

in XBoX on Consoles
    absurd forced change gamertag i'm really confused: my gamertag tag was microsoft change it for a system-genereted one according to the code of conduct rules is perferly fine i had it for 6 years what is going on ?...
  8. Redirected to us site when changing gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redirected to us site when changing gamertag: Hi all. I am trying to change my gamertag and I do log in on the uk xbox site yet it redirects me to the US one meaning I cant change my tag due to it asking for a us address and not giving me the...
  9. Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed: My gamertag "[mod removed]" was changed to "GreatPup1704543". I have heard that this may happen if your gamertag is banned. But i can see no reason why mine would be an issue. Help pls....
  10. I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it: I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it, and it says that there was an issue with connectivity, exactly why I had to create a new account. On my other...