my gamertag

Discus and support my gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft wont allow me to have the gamertag [mod removed]. my name is osama and i cant have any gamertag with my name in it all because of osama bin... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Osama23, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Osama23
    Osama23 Guest

my gamertag

Microsoft wont allow me to have the gamertag [mod removed]. my name is osama and i cant have any gamertag with my name in it all because of osama bin laden? no i think Microsoft is just being dumb and finding any reason to banned gamertags. i am defiantly
    buying a PS4 next, bye xbox.

:)

Osama23, Oct 19, 2019
  2. VibroPlex Win User

My gamertag?

Make sure you have the latest info on your Xbox console. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
    support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.
  3. Pagano Win User

My gamertag?

When you change your Gamertag, you are just changing the "Screen name" of your profile. This action does not change any other information in your account.

If you created another account in order to change your gamertag you will need to login with the credentials of this new account ( ie. email and password that you used when creating the new account) to be able ot use it with your smartglass device.
  4. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

My gamertag

You can post is this forum:
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx
    to find out why you received a forced name change, but it is likely your name was offensive in some way and somebody reported it.
  5. decmccafferty Win User

my gamertag

just pay it i have a good name for u OG Ewe Or Sir Ewe
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

my gamertag

was it created on the PC or on the console that is the only other thing I can think of why it created a tag and it wont let you change it unless you pay it.
Thema:

my gamertag

1. my gamertag - Similar Threads - gamertag

2. Interesting, very Strange account issue with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Interesting, very Strange account issue with gamertag: Okay. Heres an interesting one which i could really do with help for. I recently used my “free” gamertag change (with the new gamertag system) to change my name to “Ha**z***c*” (starred for...
  3. gamertag help

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamertag help: So a year ago, i let my son play on my xbox using my gamertag. I got a new xbox and want to play again. Is there a way to give him a new gamertag and keep his progress is his games? Do i have to...
  4. Xbox live gamertag system broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gamertag system broken?: Hello all, My XBL account is old and I thought I'd use the new and more modern approach to account names, discord/battle.net kinda style. However. I'm stuck with the 3 digits pinned onto the XBL...
  5. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Issue: I was not given the ability to change my legacy gamertag when I chose a new name. I ended up with 2 gamertags. I would like to have my legacy gamertag to be identical to my new tag, however, it...
  6. Wrong Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrong Gamertag: I wanted to change my gamertag but I clicked too fast and made an accident within the name. Is it possible to roll back my gamertag to the old one associated with my e-mail? Live chat doesn't...
  7. Xbox gamertag isn't allowed but it isn't anything rude

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag isn't allowed but it isn't anything rude: I've been wanting to change my gamertag to Zuisho but it keeps saying it isn't allowed but it doesn't mean anything bad as far as I know, why isn't it letting me?...
  8. Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag: Hello, i just changed my gamer tag to "Major" but i did not realize that the 4 numbers on the back of it, shows everywhere. Is there a possibility that i can get it reset, or changed to something...
  9. Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my gamertag change on Master Chief Collection PC?: I just bought the MCC on Steam, and I created a new Microsoft account. After creating an approved gamertag I wanted, I loaded up the game to find it had stuck me with a default gamertag. Why did...
  10. I'm being told that my gamertag is not allowed and I don't know why

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm being told that my gamertag is not allowed and I don't know why: Hi all, I don't usually do this, but I am quite frustrated about this. I have been trying to change my Gamertag to my current username '', but am told that it is not allowed. I've not had a...