my gamertag

Discus and support my gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i had a gamertag a while back and it got banned and i didnt get chance to change it can i change it for free? 56ea1707-b139-4a32-9699-95f20d887145 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PortableCarpet, Mar 3, 2015.

1. my gamertag

i had a gamertag a while back and it got banned and i didnt get chance to change it can i change it for free?

:)

PortableCarpet, Mar 3, 2015
  2. Thoughts on my gamertag

Hi, so i changed my GT a little while back and want to know what you think of it. My GT is Shmigloo.

ShadowFantasy21, Mar 3, 2015
  3. Thoughts on my gamertag

My police for judging gamertags is: if I can read it, it's perfet. Shmigloo is kind of readable, so it's kind of perfect.

SpikiestSpade, Mar 3, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

my gamertag

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, so if you get a forced gamertag change you will get a new auto generated gamertag, if you want to change that one it will be a paid change.

WPAK, Mar 3, 2015
  5. VibroPlex Win User

My gamertag?

Make sure you have the latest info on your Xbox console. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
    support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.
  6. Pagano Win User

My gamertag?

When you change your Gamertag, you are just changing the "Screen name" of your profile. This action does not change any other information in your account.

If you created another account in order to change your gamertag you will need to login with the credentials of this new account ( ie. email and password that you used when creating the new account) to be able ot use it with your smartglass device.
  7. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

My gamertag

You can post is this forum:
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx
    to find out why you received a forced name change, but it is likely your name was offensive in some way and somebody reported it.
  8. decmccafferty Win User

my gamertag

just pay it i have a good name for u OG Ewe Or Sir Ewe
  9. davemcfly85 Win User

my gamertag

was it created on the PC or on the console that is the only other thing I can think of why it created a tag and it wont let you change it unless you pay it.
Thema:

my gamertag

1. my gamertag - Similar Threads - gamertag

2. Xbox should add special characters such as “_” and “-“ to the gamertags.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox should add special characters such as “_” and “-“ to the gamertags.: I’ve seen this on the PS4 and PC, so why not Xbox? It’ll add more availability to gamertags. 2b4b7387-077f-4224-a717-bb5c8e8939c7
  3. I would really want a 13 character gamertag, is there anyway to make this possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I would really want a 13 character gamertag, is there anyway to make this possible?: n/a this post has been solved thank you for the help everyone! c719ca83-a7f0-4806-8bfb-67bae91bc4f5
  4. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: Is there a way I can change my gamertag for this example. My gamertag currently is - And I want to change it to - change being capital letters for LFC. When going through the chnage process it...
  5. Recover Account From Gamertag (No Email)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Account From Gamertag (No Email): Ladies and Gents, I remember my Gamertag and cannot for the life of me remember my email connected to the account...is there any way around this? All I've been reading is that maybe i am out of...
  6. Changed Gamertag Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed Gamertag Error: I recently changed my gamertag from TTV to . However after changed it I observed that it reads 589. when I go back to take away the 589 it says "#589" (the #589 is in grey so its not part of the...
  7. Disallowed Japanese character for xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disallowed Japanese character for xbox gamertag: I want to change my gamer tag to a Japanese name that contains an accented "i" (" ī "), but to do that I need the character " ー " ("KATAKANA-HIRAGANA PROLONGED SOUND MARK"), which is blocked...
  8. Deleting gamertag on one Microsoft account and linking different gamertag to that Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting gamertag on one Microsoft account and linking different gamertag to that Microsoft...: Hi guys I need to link my gamertag to a different Microsoft account which already had a gamertag (not being used, old one) linked to it. I''m happy to delete gamertag on the other Microsoft...
  9. Account gamertag issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Account gamertag issue: Essentially, I have an issue in that me and my sibling used the same microsoft account for a while so I had bought the game Sea of Thieves on a separate account but accessed it using his gamertag...
  10. Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account keeps signing into wrong xbox gamertag: I tried signing into the xbox app on my phone and i used the exact email that i used on my xbox account but it keeps giving me a random gamertag 0c2da2ab-aeaa-49c1-972f-8778318d4e57