My gamertag

Discus and support My gamertag in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I change my gamertag on my pc to play forza horizon 4 and he add this number in my name 4713. I dont know why. I cant change my name after that.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Remy6954, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Remy6954
    Remy6954 Guest

My gamertag

Hi, I change my gamertag on my pc to play forza horizon 4 and he add this number in my name 4713. I dont know why. I cant change my name after that.

Why and can I change my name free ?

:)

Remy6954, Apr 6, 2020
  2. VibroPlex Win User

My gamertag?

Make sure you have the latest info on your Xbox console. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
    support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.
  3. Pagano Win User

My gamertag?

When you change your Gamertag, you are just changing the "Screen name" of your profile. This action does not change any other information in your account.

If you created another account in order to change your gamertag you will need to login with the credentials of this new account ( ie. email and password that you used when creating the new account) to be able ot use it with your smartglass device.
  4. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

My gamertag

You can post is this forum:
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx
    to find out why you received a forced name change, but it is likely your name was offensive in some way and somebody reported it.
  5. decmccafferty Win User

my gamertag

just pay it i have a good name for u OG Ewe Or Sir Ewe
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

my gamertag

was it created on the PC or on the console that is the only other thing I can think of why it created a tag and it wont let you change it unless you pay it.
Thema:

My gamertag

1. My gamertag - Similar Threads - gamertag

2. black listed gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    black listed gamertags: Hello, i recently found out having "i Flo" in your gamertag has been blacklisted. Is there a reason for this because i own a gaming team with that name and found out our newer members are not...
  3. xbox gamertag not allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox gamertag not allowed?: Hi ive been trying to change my old gamertag on xbox recently and it wont allow me to it isnt taken or anything and it doesnt mean anything wrong i have used the name on everything else youtube...
  4. Xbox Gamertag Change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamertag Change: I have paid $10 to change my gamertag and in some places the new gamertag shows up but in others it does not. My xbox profile displays 2 names (my old name and my new name). I went to the text box...
  5. Why can't I have spaces when I put ii or LL in my gamertag? For example, I am unable to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I have spaces when I put ii or LL in my gamertag? For example, I am unable to...: Why am I not allowed to have spaced i's or spaces L's in my gamertag anymore? When I go to change my gamertag to Anton O44 ii it keeps saying it's not allowed on Xbox or when I try changing my...
  6. Two Gamertags/Profiles?

in XBoX on Windows
    Two Gamertags/Profiles?: I just signed up to XBox Game Pass for PC, downloaded and installed the app and also signed up for a Microsoft account etc. I created a gamertag which is gave to me with a #number afterwards and...
  7. Changing Capitalization of Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Capitalization of Gamertag: I would like to simply change the capitalization in my gamertag without having to pay for a replacement. Any suggestions? 7fdcf4a3-348c-4937-a8f9-d137d6b5b4c5
  8. Why I can't change my gamertag??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't change my gamertag??: Why I can't change my gamertag if I live in country other than US??? 5e3b49ed-66fe-414c-9de9-95bc659aaea6
  9. Gamertag change back in October 2019 - Still not changed

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change back in October 2019 - Still not changed: So I paid for a Gamertag change back in October and it still hasn't changed on any platform. Not on Xbox (Beta) app, not when I sign into a browser, not when I log into my console (360). What is...
  10. Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag: Hi, I have had a look on here and can't seem to find a solution for this and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a very old microsoft account that I do not want to use for anything but my...