My games are being deleted automatcally (PC)

Discus and support My games are being deleted automatcally (PC) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time I download a game on the Xbox app it gets deleted, I have downloaded Forza Horizon 5 about 4 times now and it keeps just getting deleted. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nights64, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Nights64
    Nights64 Guest

Every time I download a game on the Xbox app it gets deleted, I have downloaded Forza Horizon 5 about 4 times now and it keeps just getting deleted. I downloaded it this morning and restarted my computer due to an unrelated issue and it was gone when I started it back up. I know the files are not being lost because the game is 100GB and if the files were still there I would have run out of space by the 3rd download. in this last restart, the Xbox app decided to uninstall the rest of the games I had downloaded as well for some reason. I really don't know how to stop this, it's not like I dont have enough space to keep the games and the other games are gone now too.

:)

Nights64, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  3. Metal Joko Win User

Automatic game updates.

Ya..my Xbox has had that setting turned on since it was available. Yes i recieve all Xbox updates automatcally whether it is in stand by or on. But there is not a single game that updates.
  4. Brunolancel Win User

Games not Saving

I'm having the same problem, but is it with FIFA 14, I play my carrer and the console saves automatcally the progress, to be sure, I save to, but when i turn on the game again, it starts of the match that i already played... what is happening? Someone elsa
    knows what is it?
  5. Qwertei Win User

Games are Being Deleted by my Console

Lets not update these and let them sit for a while alright if the updates don't disappear follow the steps below.

Remove your account (settings - account - remove accounts) then power cycle the console by holding the power button on the system for 8 seconds until it powers down then unplug it from receiving power for 5 minutes once done plug it back in turn the system
    on and re-download your account from the side menu on the left.

The console shouldn't take double the space unless it is downloading two copies of the game(s) which again shouldn't happen if you can't seem to remove the second download then you should reset the console (fully) just in case something has caused this
  6. Nursemorph Win User

External storage problems

You can't undo the games being deleted...a drive format will always delete any information on it permanently.

As to the faults on the drive etc, how old is the drive? The best way would be if you have a PC/laptop as you could plug it into that and do troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. My games are being deleted automatcally (PC) - Similar Threads - games are being

2. Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable: So from the searching i have done on the community ive found that people are saying that you will still have access to your games. I am not able to play any games i have purchased by card or any...
  3. games are being reported as above my rated account, at 41 i find this hard to understand.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games are being reported as above my rated account, at 41 i find this hard to understand.: i am getting a message informing me that <game> is above my rated restrictions. can i please get an adult to install the game or play on their account. while i could ask my dad to do this i find...
  4. Still having major multiplayer problems not being able to join games with friends even...

in XboX Insiders
    Still having major multiplayer problems not being able to join games with friends even...: Take vanguard and all the new stuff off and make it separate from this platform. You have to many games under one game and ever since it’s caused me and friends problems to even play with each...
  5. PC Insider and Not being able to install games

in XboX Insiders
    PC Insider and Not being able to install games: Ran into an issue earlier today while tring to install games on the xbox app. All of them get stuck on "Preparing". I did get 1 app to get started into download but at significantly slow speeds. I...
  6. Drive being detected but can't install any games on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drive being detected but can't install any games on it.: I have been using Xbox app on windows for a few years now and i have never had this problem before. A week ago i was able to install on my C drive freely and i also had the option to change...
  7. Space being used for a game that didn't download on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Space being used for a game that didn't download on pc: When i try to download a game on my computer it will sometimes stop the download when i shut it off and when i go to redownload it, it will now have less space then i had before and don't know how...
  8. Being redirected to Game services page upon trying to launch Halo Infinite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being redirected to Game services page upon trying to launch Halo Infinite.: I am currently facing an issue related to Xbox PC app where I am being redirected to game services page upon trying to launch halo Infinite. I did try to remove the app and reinstall it no luck....
  9. Cant play games through Xbox app due to not being connected to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play games through Xbox app due to not being connected to Xbox live: I have tried playing two different games through the Xbox App on Windows 10, I have been able to play them both before but now every time I try to join a game of Sea of Thieves or Back for Blood,...
  10. Games suddenly vanish from library, but storage space is still being used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games suddenly vanish from library, but storage space is still being used: So one day I was downloading a few games, when I check on the progress the day after most games vanished, but I still have 92,9% usage of my storage, I tried checking the same games on the...