My home xbox preferences keep automatically resetting and I am running out of changes to...

Discus and support My home xbox preferences keep automatically resetting and I am running out of changes to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My home xbox preferences keep getting reset, not allowing me to play certain games because it says I do not own them. It only allows you to change your... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PoshP, Jul 26, 2020.

1. PoshP
    PoshP Guest

My home xbox preferences keep automatically resetting and I am running out of changes to...

My home xbox preferences keep getting reset, not allowing me to play certain games because it says I do not own them. It only allows you to change your home xbox 5 times and its costing me a change every time it automatically resets. Anyone else having
    this issue?

:)

PoshP, Jul 26, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

My home xbox preferences keep automatically resetting and I am running out of changes to that option

change your password now, also have you gameshared with anybody, or left your account on someone elses xbox.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Is it normal that the Xbox Support can't really help you anymore ?

Hello, see this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox At the bottom in the section "can I change my home xbox to another
    console" you will see that there maybe an option for a one off additional change. You have to follow the steps it suggests.

As you have found out, it also clarifies that Support can not help reset "My Home Xbox"

Edit: Also 5 years ago you only had 3 changes, since then they now allow 5 changes which automatically reset on a rolling daye basis.
  4. AridLizard Win User

Family account issues

is your account set to automatically sign in on the Home Xbox?

if that is the case, when you sign in on the non-Home Xbox it will sign you out of the Home Xbox which could be why it says they don't own the games.

the following link has all the info on sign in preferences. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/signin-security/change-signin-preferences

make sure your account isn't set to auto sign in (if the Xbox is set as your Home Xbox then your account won't need to be signed in for them to share your games/subscriptions) and see if that sorts it out
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

My account got stolen

6. troysch Win User

Have not been able to sign into Xbox app on Android for months - help!

Thanks gds1972

It didn't even occur to me to check the Xbox Console setting.

Two changes I made. For one, I found my console had dropped the Home Xbox setting so I reset that this Xbox was my Home Xbox.

Next setting I changed was Settings > Preferences > Xbox App Connectivity, and changed the setting from Allow any connections from any device, to "Only from profiles signed in on this Xbox".

I'm assuming with being on Alpha Skip Ahead insiders program it caused some conflict after an update and inadvertently caused the connectivity issue?

Cheers

I'm all up and running again.
Thema:

1. My home xbox preferences keep automatically resetting and I am running out of changes to... - Similar Threads - home preferences keep

2. My Home Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Home Xbox: I am having trouble my friends “my home xbox” onto my xbox, when i press “make this my home xbox” and accept it, it says that it is unable to save changes and it keeps saying that no matter how...
  3. Xbox home menu keeps crashing not allowing me bbn to play on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home menu keeps crashing not allowing me bbn to play on my xbox: When I turn on my xbox it'll load with me not signed in and crashing when ever I press the home button and press sign in or anything else 6d0f9ef7-734d-408a-b1af-33f134864493
  4. I cant make my xbox my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant make my xbox my home xbox: So, off of a previous thread, I have soft reset my xbox, changed my name, deleted my account, hard reset my xbox, restarted, full shutdown. I've done it all guys and everytime it says "can't...
  5. Rest xbox home

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rest xbox home: Rest xbox home I cant play my games because I set my account to home five times and that last chance I need a rest so I can put it back on my xbox if I could get any help please...
  6. My home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My home Xbox: Hello, i should be able to switch my home xbox because i have 4 switches remaining however, when i go to make this account my home xbox a notification comes up saying “ unable to save changes, we...
  7. Pantalla de inicio de Xbox infinita... (Infinite Xbox home screen...)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pantalla de inicio de Xbox infinita... (Infinite Xbox home screen...): Me gustaría comentarles mi problema, tengo un Xbox original (versión 2015), al encender mi consola la pantalla de carga verde con el logo de Xbox se queda estancada y no puedo hacer nada más, no...
  8. Home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home xbox: Hello! Today i found out someone had been using my account from their xbox and setting their xbox as my accounts home.. its not. I didnt know there was a limit so i maxed out. I had no idea...
  9. Home System on One and Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home System on One and Series X: Will we be able to keep both the One and Series X as our home systems since they are different generations? 48fb779e-b86b-46e1-9a65-83873646d626
  10. Home Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox: When I use my Friends home xbox it doesn't give me his xbox Live? 1e223a0c-b96c-4a8d-af26-7a0c4aa6d671