My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

Discus and support My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t restart my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched what do I do ecccf5d9-d76a-49b8-9ec3-334c15a3557f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blastoise3456, Apr 12, 2018.

1. My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

my keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t restart my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched what do I do

:)

Blastoise3456, Apr 12, 2018
  2. Bjones88
    Bjones88 Guest
    Party overlay

I always use party overlay. It’s nice to be able to see who is talking when in a game. With that being said, last night I turned my party overlay on (for some reason half the time that I turn on the Xbox the party overlay is off, and half the time it remembers that I left it on) it worked for a few minutes and then disappeared... so I went back to party settings, saw that the overlay switch was ON, and there was a black bar where the gamer tag usually shows up for my overlay. (Middle right of screen for me). It will not go away, and I also can no longer send messages, nor can I see notifications.... I turned it off last night and went to bed. Just turned it on again, same issue. Black bar where the overlay would be, and I can’t receive notifications though all the settings are set to receive. Also, probably the most annoying is that when I hold down the Xbox button on my controller, instead of the “power down or turn off controller” popping up like normal, it opens the party tab! I’m so confused

Bjones88, Apr 12, 2018
  3. C0mplete13
    C0mplete13 Guest
    Party overlay

Did you every fix this or not because I got the same exact problem and don’t know how to fix it

C0mplete13, Apr 12, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched

Hi

Can you please try carrying out a full console restart to see if this helps with this. To restart the console can you please press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds to force the console to fully shut down, after this
    can you wait for about a minute then try restarting the console and hopefully everything will be back to normal afterwards.

gds1972, Apr 13, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

Hi

Can you please try carrying out a full console restart to see if this helps with this. To restart the console can you please press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds to force the console to fully shut down, after this
    can you wait for about a minute then try restarting the console and hopefully everything will be back to normal afterwards.
  6. Conrai Carneiro Win User

Reset Microsoft Password

I had to reconnect to my network and now I have to renter my Microsoft password. I can’t figure out how to select “reset password” on my tv screen using the Xbox controller(can’t get out of the keyboard) . Any suggestions?
    Use PC or Smartphone for that.

If you know your Microsoft account email address, use this link for reset your password now.

https://account.live.com/pw
  7. Conrai Carneiro Win User

Reset Microsoft Password

I had to reconnect to my network and now I have to renter my Microsoft password. I can’t figure out how to select “reset password” on my tv screen using the Xbox controller(can’t get out of the keyboard) . Any suggestions?
    Use PC or Smartphone for that.

If you know your Microsoft account email address, use this link for reset your password now.

https://account.live.com/pw
  8. WRXnItUp Win User

PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app

If I reboot my Xbox, and then reconnect from Windows, the soft keyboard overlay returns. I have to do this pretty much daily.
  9. NINJA 3XTREME Win User

Xbox game bar "the parameter is incorrect" error

Hi Craig,

When i use the keyboard shortcut for the overlay, it opens up ok but it doesnt let me join anyone's parties or games.
Thema:

1. My keyboard screen is invisible, I can’t reset my Xbox and the party overlay is glitched - Similar Threads - keyboard screen invisible

2. On-Screen keyboard not appearing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    On-Screen keyboard not appearing.: Ok so I sign in and I can't type the keyboard doesn't show up I don't have a wireless keyboard and I can't type my Wi-Fi login so I can't use Xbox smartphone 2b8e4170-5958-4661-814d-2479a13db9b5
  3. On screen keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    On screen keyboard: Number: TXS48979 Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with entering characters on the keyboard using the controller. It only allows me to select to characters and then I can only select words from the...
  4. disable Xbox on screen keyboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    disable Xbox on screen keyboard: After searching I can't find the answer I'm looking for. There is no windows 10 app on the xbox. So my question is how to disable the on screen keyboard since I use a keyboard and mouse on the...
  5. IT won’t let me type on my on screen keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    IT won’t let me type on my on screen keyboard: When I try to log in and put in the code I try to use the on screen keyboard but it wont work and it has a different option on the side but i cant seem to click it. Please help....
  6. Disable On-Screen Keyboard for Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disable On-Screen Keyboard for Xbox: Does anyone know how to disable the on-screen keyboard for Xbox? Because I have been using a USB keyboard for Minecraft multiplayer on local. Every time I type commands on the keyboard it pops up...
  7. Xbox One on-screen keyboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on-screen keyboard.: So, the Xbox One has the option to press left or right on the right stick for you to see if what you're trying to type is there. Is there currently anyway to disable this? My controller will...
  8. On screen keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    On screen keyboard: How do i or where is the tab button On the on screen keyboard I can’t get from user name to the password box f22a6ded-850a-4e35-9e0f-934c5538564b
  9. xbox on screen keyboard

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox on screen keyboard: does anyone know how to save words to history so i don't have to retype it all again? also if you know if its coming in a future update please let me know. 80422252-e94e-4392-bdce-6e1c7cbe5380
  10. On-screen keyboard cursor not moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    On-screen keyboard cursor not moving: The RB/LB function on my Xbox One on-screen keyboard is not working. I can't move the cursor to the right and since it starts on the left, I can't erase my autofilled old address to add my new...