My kid used my MS account for his XBOX One but now I want to setup parental controls and…

Discus and support My kid used my MS account for his XBOX One but now I want to setup parental controls and… in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; it won’t let me because he has an adults account. Also, he says that if I create him a new child account then he will lose all of his purchases and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by canonbeck, Jan 7, 2019.

1. canonbeck
    canonbeck Guest

My kid used my MS account for his XBOX One but now I want to setup parental controls and…

it won’t let me because he has an adults account.

Also, he says that if I create him a new child account then he will lose all of his purchases and game history.

I’m afraid I know nothing about xbox or microsoft accounts - can anyone help???

Many thanks!

:)

canonbeck, Jan 7, 2019
  2. choppyseize Win User

You can change the email linked to the account. Which would free yours up again.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

4. Njal the Blue Win User

Unfortunately your son is right about losing save data. You can create him a new child account, change password on your account, set your account to home xbox and keep paying live just for your account. This will give him access to the games purchased on
    your account but he will be starting from scratch again. You though will have control of his account.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  5. baltyofgod Win User

Hello, will lose all savages, games and various subscriptions if you change account.
  6. canonbeck Win User

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Can anyone advise on the question of in-game purchases? Can he get access to these from a new child account?

Cheers
Thema:

1. My kid used my MS account for his XBOX One but now I want to setup parental controls and… - Similar Threads - kid used account

2. Kid Kuma not allowed as name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kid Kuma not allowed as name: So I am trying to change my Gamertag to match my handle on all other site which is "Kid Kuma". However I am presented with the message that "Kuma" is not allowed as a name. I have this tag on...
  3. My kid is using my account and I want to add family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My kid is using my account and I want to add family: Hi, My son is using my account and my gamertag since many years but now, I want to create him a account to be apart of family but he do not want to loose all his "success" in all his games. Can...
  4. Kid is using a pc with wallhax (aimbot)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kid is using a pc with wallhax (aimbot): Kid is using wallhax which is a website for pc players to download hacks... I just played againts this guy who had 32 kills while everyone was around 12 kills and I even recorded a clip where he...
  5. Minecraft bought on main account and not able to be used by family (kids) account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bought on main account and not able to be used by family (kids) account: I purchased Minecraft with intention of use by child. However, he is not able to access the game. How can I fix this so he has access? 55d33bde-6249-427a-81df-486f10e21aad
  6. Can family members (kids) use my Xbox live account with their own logins

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can family members (kids) use my Xbox live account with their own logins: Hey now, So, my kids were minors when I bought my Xbox live acccount, and in all honesty I don’t play. My 15 year old son wants to play fortnight on his account, not mine. Is it possible for him...
  7. Son got kicked off xbox live by a kid using profanity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son got kicked off xbox live by a kid using profanity: My son got reported by a kid that was saying profanity to my son. My son asked him to leave and the boy got mad and reported him for No Reason. How can the enforcement believe a child that who is...
  8. New xbox 1, kid used code for trial xbox live, now no one has access to xbox live, so we can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox 1, kid used code for trial xbox live, now no one has access to xbox live, so we can't ...: New xbox 1, kid used code for trial xbox live, now no one has access to xbox live, so we can't play overwatch. My understanding is that the console shares xbox live privileges with all of the...
  9. Can I have two kids use one Xbox live account online and both be able to talk and progress?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I have two kids use one Xbox live account online and both be able to talk and progress?: Can I have two kids use one Xbox live account online and both be able to talk and progress? I am going nuts, I know we had a family pack before, but I find it hard to believe that I have to buy 3...
  10. my kid and his friend cant join a party - need to use a 3rd person

in XBoX on Consoles
    my kid and his friend cant join a party - need to use a 3rd person: My kid and his friend apparently cant join a party with just the 2 of them. They can both join a 3rd person's party - but that is often problematic - when my kid joins the 3rd person party, his...