My L4D2 disc won’t work, my Xbox doesn’t load it

Discus and support My L4D2 disc won’t work, my Xbox doesn’t load it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, so when I put my Left 4 Dead 2 in, my xbox hums for like maybe a second or two, then stops after a clank, and the xbox doesn’t read the disk. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CoKilla651, May 17, 2019.

1. CoKilla651
    CoKilla651 Guest

Okay, so when I put my Left 4 Dead 2 in, my xbox hums for like maybe a second or two, then stops after a clank, and the xbox doesn’t read the disk. The copy is in mint condition, no scratches or anything, it works on 360, and my friend said he got it to
    work on his xbox one. Can anyone help me with this issue, thanks.

-Cody
    My L4D2 disc won’t work, my Xbox doesn’t load it [​IMG]

My L4D2 disc won’t work, my Xbox doesn’t load it [​IMG]

:)

CoKilla651, May 17, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    CoKilla651

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox Forums Community for insight on how to handle this issue playing Left 4 Dead 2.

I can totally see how inserting a backwards compatible disc in next to mint condition into the console and not being able to play could definitely be confusing.

Seeing as you have already tried the troubleshooting listed above, you might want to do a soft reset just in case some your console is in need of a current update. It's a factory reset of the console that does not uninstall any of your games/apps. All you
    need to do is make sure that you know all of the sign in information for the gamertags on that Xbox, that you have easy internet access and you follow the steps outlined in

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One

When you get a chance, give that a shot and let us know how that helped.

Much Thanks!
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

You may have a damaged drive or you may have a damaged drive.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi CoKilla651,

Thank you for the update. With the information you have given, it seems that it could be an account issue (corrupted saved data issue) since you've confirmed the game works on an 360 console, on a friend's Xbox One (using his own account I'm presuming so
    his saved data), and other backward compatible game discs work on the same console.

What error do you get when trying to manually launch the game from your game library after inserting the disc?

We suggest removing your profile from the Xbox 360 storage and downloading it back. We will provide steps on how to complete this process on the Xbox One.

How to remove your profile:

1. Launch an Xbox 360 game on your Xbox One
    2. Wait until you get past the Xbox logo and press the
      View
      and Menu buttons at the same time to pull up the Xbox 360 guide
    3. Go to Settings and look for storage settings
    4. Select profiles
    5. Delete your profile(Profile only) Do not delete profile and items

How to download your profile:

1. Once your profile has been removed, press the View and
      Menu
      buttons at the same time to pull up the Xbox 360 guide
    2. Select download profile

Let us know the results!
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Is the problem with just this one disc?
  6. freerunninglou9 Win User

this is a great game sorry this don't work for you remove and previous saved data you have on your 360 it may mean u start again but if the game works it will be well worth it
Thema:

1. My L4D2 disc won’t work, my Xbox doesn’t load it - Similar Threads - L4D2 disc won’t

2. L4D2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4D2: tried buying off of the store after finally finding a link after searchig for an hour. Then it asked for a security confirmation. It was my old number so i changed it but now i have to wait till...
  3. L4d2 unable to purchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4d2 unable to purchase?: So i was looking to pick up left for dead 2 on my xbox one, but i cant purchase it from the xbox store. Do i have to buy a disc version? 2209606f-0e69-4704-a750-b4c19def1188
  4. L4D2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4D2: So I see on Xbox 1 you have to buy it on the Microsoft store and then from there you can download digitally. Well I bought it and 20 dollars later it is still redirecting me and not showing...
  5. Help with L4D2 DLC problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with L4D2 DLC problem: So i havent played on xbox live in about a half a year, i bought the left for dead DLC's way back, as well as the updated left for dead 1 maps to go with it. I had to get a new xbox 360 and now i...
  6. Backwards compatibility not working (L4D2)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility not working (L4D2): Just bought a brand new copy of Left 4 Dead 2 (platinum hit disc) because it is in the backwards compatibility list. Unwrapped it, inserted it into the Xbox one and it says "This game isn't...
  7. L4D2 not available to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4D2 not available to download: So quick question... I bought L4D2 about a year before it was backwards compatible... now that it is for some reason it not only says I never bought it (which I still have the game... how did I...
  8. L4D2 doesn't show up for download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4D2 doesn't show up for download: I just purchased L4D2 from xbox.com on my laptop. When I went to check the xbox one for downloads it is not listed on there. I am xbox illiterate from what my kids tell me. I have never had a...
  9. L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    L4D2 disc does not work on Xbox one: When I put disc in it says "make sure you're using an Xbox one game, a music CD, or a movie on Blu-ray or DVD. (0x80820002)" it works on 360, it's platinum edition, and it has no scratches...
  10. In need of L4D2 players with DLCs

in XBoX on Consoles
    In need of L4D2 players with DLCs: I'm looking for Aussie players that have headsets and have the dlcs as well Add me - 2bd7c5f4-ee18-49aa-8c0b-e527e6bdeeac