My mic will work in party chat but not game chat

Discus and support My mic will work in party chat but not game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so for the past week or so, I have not been able to communicate in game chat in any game I play in. But when I go to party chat, my mic works just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AwesomelySavage, Aug 9, 2021.

1. My mic will work in party chat but not game chat

Ok so for the past week or so, I have not been able to communicate in game chat in any game I play in. But when I go to party chat, my mic works just fine and everyone can hear me. When I am playing Call Of Duty, it does not even show that I have a mic plugged in. Can someone please help me figure out this issue? My controller doesn't need to be updated as I have already checked that, but I cannot seem to figure out what the issue could be and I really don't want to buy a new headset if that is the problem. I have also tried it with a different controller and it has the same issue, so I am thinking that it is my headset that is the problem My mic will work in party chat but not game chat :(

:)

AwesomelySavage, Aug 9, 2021
  2. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  3. AskingSteam5779 Win User

Game chat

My mic isn’t muted while I’m in party chat, my party chat is perfectly fine, it’s game chat that is just messed up
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Cant use mic on windows 10

Hi Isaiah,

It seems the issue is related to the in-game chat option not working properly in a streaming format since your mic and headsets works in other formats and they work separately on different displays.

What happens if you invite your brother's profile to an Xbox Live party chat and communicate that way? Is there an audio or mic issue when forming a party chat and choosing to not speak in game chat?
  5. Terrify Win User

My mic works in party chat but not game chat.

it also happens to me a lot on fortnite were i can chat in a party chat but when i switched to game i cant hear my teammates usually restarting the game or hard restart my xbox will work
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi AwesomelySavage! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If the problem were the Headset you could not use it at Xbox Live parties either, the problem actually lies in your privacy settings, Child's account cant view their privacy settings an adult is required to add him to a Microsoft family here

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

After the adult account creates the family and adds the minor's account to his family In order for you to be able to chat multiplayer, you must change the privacy settings of your account. It can be done here

https://account.xbox.com/settings
Thema:

1. My mic will work in party chat but not game chat - Similar Threads - mic party chat

2. Can I make Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back to me so I can hear myself talk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I make Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back to me so I can hear myself talk?: Is it possible to have Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back into my headset? This way I can hear myself talk without yelling (while playing a loud game)....
  3. Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming: Xbox Remote, I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session, Headset works connected to the Xbox and even when using the Windows 10...
  4. Mic is broadcasting to Party Chat and Game Chat simultaneously | Series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic is broadcasting to Party Chat and Game Chat simultaneously | Series X: Problem didn't occur on my One X, but since I got my series X, when I start/join an xbox party, my microphone continues to broadcast to both in-game chat and party chat. ex.) If i'm in World of...
  5. Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue: Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat 'The selected microphone could not be found' despite mic being picked up by windows. Have already reset the app and PC is latest version....
  6. Mic volume too low to hear in party chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic volume too low to hear in party chats: Hello. I've been working on resolving this issue for days now and i'm at a loss for how to fix it. Problem: when in party chats my microphone is too quiet for others to hear. Details: The...
  7. Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat: Why can’t I talk in open party when playing cod fd172688-94e9-4255-9f40-4246156161f5
  8. Mic not working in fornite party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic not working in fornite party chat: I know this has been an ongoing issue with Xbox, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if Xbox has done anything to fix the mic problem in the fornite party chat? We have the Xbox one s all digital....
  9. Xbox Game Bar Picks Up Mic But Not Party Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Picks Up Mic But Not Party Chat: Having a problem where my game bar is picking up the mic in audio but isn't converting through party chat? Need help asap. 09e27eab-658c-4a8d-b57b-66aeaa34b411
  10. mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak

in XBoX on Consoles
    mic echoing problem in party chat (XBOX ONE S) Only when I speak: I have an Xbox one S using a Corsair Void Pro wired headset & purchased a new Xbox Wireless Headset made by Xbox. I have same issue no matter what headset I used. Issue: within the last 3 months...