My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account

Discus and support My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account must be classified as a Child account because when I go to account.xbox.com I'm redirected to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nixinova, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Nixinova
    Nixinova Guest

My account must be classified as a Child account because when I go to
    account.xbox.com
    I'm redirected to microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings,
    apparently because I'm under 18 (that's extremely stupid if so). But my account is not part of any Family account unit as far as I can tell. Is there any way to actually
    access my account?

:)

Nixinova, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Bandido1508 Win User

The Child Online
    Protection Act for the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation For Europe, these are government mandated programs that address how minors interact with online service. Microsoft has to comply.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

By law you have to have an adult attached to any child account so that it can agree to any terms of services.

When signing up for a MS account you agree to the terms of service this agreement is basically a contract between MS and you and by law a company can not go into a contract with someone whose age is below the age of majority (18 in most places).

When you signed up for the account originally you would have had to of been in a family at some point if you put your DOB in as being under the age of majority.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi there Nixinova,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

Try this out and let us know the results.

Brad
  5. Nixinova Win User

Why can't I just have a standalone account? Do I seriously need to make a new account with a fake age to attach to my normal account just to access it???
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

if you have a child account that is not attached they it is orphaned, you will need to have an adult account and then add the child account as a family member. Once the age on your account says you are 18 it will promote to an adult account.
Thema:

1. My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account Child

2. Child accounts showing in Microsoft Family but not Xbox Family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child accounts showing in Microsoft Family but not Xbox Family: I've seen a couple of other posts similar to this from a couple of years ago as my son is trying to play with others on Minecraft. It seems like there is an issue with accounts set up on apple...
  3. Child accounts showing in Microsoft Family but not Xbox Family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child accounts showing in Microsoft Family but not Xbox Family: I've seen a couple of other posts similar to this from a couple of years ago as my son is trying to play with others on Minecraft. It seems like there is an issue with accounts set up on apple...
  4. Microsoft 계정이 자녀로 등록되어있습니다.[Translation-Your Microsoft account is registered as a child.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft 계정이 자녀로 등록되어있습니다.[Translation-Your Microsoft account is registered as a child.]: 는 현재 성인이 , Microsoft 계 을 이용하여 Mine Craft에 속하 했으나 로그인 버튼을 누르니 "로그인 중..."이라는 상태만 표시되며 로그인이 되지 않았습니다. 로그인 방법을 찾아보던 중, Microsoft 계 이 보류 중인 자녀로 등록된 것을 발견했습니다. 이를 성인으로 돌리기 위하여 여러 지원 문서를 참조해봤지만 직 으로...
  5. How to handle Microsoft account for child with divorced parents?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to handle Microsoft account for child with divorced parents?: So my son has an xbox account we created for him when he was young. We put it under his mother's Microsoft account when her and I were together. We haven't had any issues about having to share the...
  6. authorising online account for a childs mincraft microsoft xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    authorising online account for a childs mincraft microsoft xbox: Hi I am trying to set up my son to play Minecraft on line via Microsoft xbox. I have set up a family account, however when on the child's account we try to verify using the adult login: the...
  7. How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I create a child Xbox Live profile under an adult Microsoft account with a...: Question: Can a Microsoft account for an adult have more than one child Xbox Live profiles? I have several children and each want their own gamer profile. I have already purchased a gift care for...
  8. Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change a microsoft adult account to a child account.: Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account.Has this been fixed YET? The issue being that I don't want to...
  9. Somehow my Microsoft account is a child account I don't understand?

in XBoX on Windows
    Somehow my Microsoft account is a child account I don't understand?: Title says it all, When I try and play games like FH4 and want to add paint jobs and stuff of the like to my car it says I need to change my parental controls but going to the website just tells...
  10. Trocar conta criança microsoft[Exchange child account microsoft]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trocar conta criança microsoft[Exchange child account microsoft]: Quando criei minha conta, acabei ficando com uma "conta criança", porém agora já tenho 19 anos e não modificou em nada, aparecendo ainda para haver permissão dos pais vinculados a conta. Não teria...