My more recent game appeared lost but I see them in Saved Data

Discus and support My more recent game appeared lost but I see them in Saved Data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hope someone has experiencing this because I have been having the hardest time getting answers. While playing my game I was disconnected from Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PertSquash4, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PertSquash4
    PertSquash4 Guest

I hope someone has experiencing this because I have been having the hardest time getting answers. While playing my game I was disconnected from Xbox Live. Normally, my system reconnects me but this time it didn't. I was attempting to save my game and
    an error message popped up on the game screen saying my game will not save. I went out of the game completely because it was not saving at all. I went back to the game and my original saved game was completely gone. In fact, the only games appearing on
    my screen were old games from last year. In addition to this heart-wrenching disaster, My family member that has their profile connected to my Xbox Live account also lost her game. I was trying to see what happened when I went to Manage My Games and Add
    -Ons and saw my saved games data and my family members and I felt a little ray of hope. Can someone please help me to understand what could have happened and if my current games are retrievable under the save game data?

:)

PertSquash4, Oct 7, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Can you provide some more details on what game this is? Each game can handle save data differently, so knowing the title can help us troubleshoot.

As for the file being there, depending on the game, that might be a generic save file created when you select your profile or save game and, even though it has a modern date on the save, might not reflect modern save data. But again, this is speculation
    depending on the title.
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Saved data should be on the cloud even when you delete a game maybe try this to see if it will help you a bit more mate
    https://support.xbox.com/en-gb
  4. CryingHero Win User

If you see the saved data you'll be able to download the game again and the save should be recovered!

Have fun!
  5. Spazpol Win User

It's sad time

What was the one time you lost save data that really bothered you, like accidentally deleting the wrong save or if a save corrupted etc. For me it was when I got a really high rank on halo reach and my save data randomly deleted and I lost everything.
    :(
    probably only minor save data. I'm very big about backing up data. Be it on cloud (one drive / dropbox) and I have dual 4 drive NAS devices on my nextwork. I will back up my xbox 360 USB sticks once every few years and now that xbox one cloud data is
    pretty solid, I think my boggest issue is glitcjed acvhievements, or trying to find what the most recent version of something is....
  6. johnnykatz Win User

Memory failing me. Should I format 4gb hard drive?

Thanks fizz.

It is a card, and it does read that there is a card, but it sees no data on it.

That is where data is being lost to, as I have never saved to the internal memory, because it read as unformatted.

It seems like it should be more straightforward how to manage the internal memory but I feel dumb trying to understand everything that Microsoft does.

I have downloaded the most recent updates every time I have re-formatted the flash memory card.
Thema:

1. My more recent game appeared lost but I see them in Saved Data - Similar Threads - more recent game

2. Xbox One Avatar Editor is no more new or free items?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Avatar Editor is no more new or free items?: Idk if it is discontinued i dont think so maybe Xbox isn't making for games because they might not be partnered with certain companies they used to make a lot of call of duty avatars for the older...
  3. Mod Menus, Infections, Hacks and More Importantly Regret

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mod Menus, Infections, Hacks and More Importantly Regret: So first off I regret my decision to ever try to use the Infections via Theatre Mode on Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Before that I was in a modded lobby and I got the All Achievement infection...
  4. Can the Xbox Insider Hub app be updated to be more in parity with the Windows equivalent...

in XboX Insiders
    Can the Xbox Insider Hub app be updated to be more in parity with the Windows equivalent...: The Feedback Hub on Windows 10 is so much more robust than the Xbox Insider Hub. While it allows users to submit feedback, it also gives users the ability to upvote issues, provide commentary, see...
  5. Games I would love to see more of on Gamepass

in XboX Insiders
    Games I would love to see more of on Gamepass: I really love the Lego games (even tho I'm 33) so if you could add more of them that would be great. I've already beat batman 2 and 3, Indiana Jones, and Lego City. I would love to see Jurassic...
  6. I need one more Xbox home switch Please I am in serious need

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need one more Xbox home switch Please I am in serious need: I need one more Home switch because i Spent money on someone elses account but i cant get the game so i need to make his account mine 93e165cd-34f3-485c-afb3-576dbdecf2b8
  7. why cant we call xbox live and microsoft any more.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    why cant we call xbox live and microsoft any more.: This is so disturbing that I cant get help when I need it. I pay good money to get the service I do. I pretty much get a [mod removed] in return. This is [mod removed] and where is the uprising...
  8. The Xbox Insider Team is looking for more Alpha Skip Ahead members! Want an invite?

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Insider Team is looking for more Alpha Skip Ahead members! Want an invite?: The Xbox Insider Team is excited to announce that we are expanding the Alpha Skip Ahead ring. In the past, we’ve used closely guarded criteria for enrollment selection, but today we’re asking for...
  9. How do I do more quests

in XboX Insiders
    How do I do more quests: I just want to do more quests so I can get into beta and leave delta. L submitted by /u/tapatiochopper [link] [comments]
  10. Looking for more information on a recent enforcement action and cant find where to contact the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for more information on a recent enforcement action and cant find where to contact the ...: Hi there, I am the main admin of a very active club (Club UFC) and have been receiving very strange enforcement actions on some of my clips which are not even listed for me so that I know what...