my most recent saves for The Outer Worlds are missing for some reason

Discus and support my most recent saves for The Outer Worlds are missing for some reason in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; it doesnt give me the option to continue the game like it normally does. its only giving me the option to start a new game even though i have several... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ilikepie14159, Aug 28, 2021.

1. my most recent saves for The Outer Worlds are missing for some reason

it doesnt give me the option to continue the game like it normally does. its only giving me the option to start a new game even though i have several achievements and even copies of the save folders on my desktop. not sure what to do :/

:)

ilikepie14159, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi ilikepie14159! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Are you sure you are using the same account that you used previously in the Xbox app?
  3. DanielRCampbell Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync

I think I've found what the issue is as well as the solution. A big thanks to Pete._.M for the help on this one. Couldn't have done it without them.

When you install the game, it creates a local game save folder and uses that by default. It is syncing cloud saves, but the local saves take priority and the cloud save is ignored. Found, what I think, is the solution on this. Steps Below.

1. On the machine having issues syncing, go to C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\Saved Games Delete the Outer Worlds folder.
    2. Reboot the machine.
    3. Sign into game pass on the other machine, launch Outer Worlds, load into your most recent save, quit game.
    4. Go back to the problem machine, and launch Xbox beta and then Outer Worlds

The most recent save should be pulled down from the cloud. This worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.
  4. iareBRENDEN Win User

Outer Worlds Saves missing

Did you manually save the game at any point? I don't think you generate files if you just rely on auto saves.
  5. ironlion2112 Win User

I was in the same situation on PC, here's the solution I found.

(I was online logged into the game with xbox gamer tag showing in bottom left corner)

alt+tab to file explorer window and did the following (it may work without the game open but this is what i did)

copy the save game and achievement files you want from:

C:\Users\<Username>\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10\__LOCAL__

paste them into:

C:\Users\<Username>\Saved Games\The Outer Worlds Windows 10\<large sequence of numbers>

make the game reload the main screen by going into then out of settings.

after I did this the "continue" option appeared and my game loaded!
    thank you fixed the issue immediately, appreciate it.
  6. MountaindewM Win User

Moving the save files over fixed my issues and even gave me the achievements I wasn't getting when I first started playing. Was a bit annoyed at first that it happened but when I first started playing I wasn't signed in, in game but was on Xbox Beta Companion
    App. Today I restarted and it for some reason started logging me in when before it hadn't.
Thema:

1. my most recent saves for The Outer Worlds are missing for some reason - Similar Threads - recent saves Outer

2. Need a way to restore old/recent cloud saves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need a way to restore old/recent cloud saves: So there is really no way to restore old saved data from Xbox Live? I have a 4 year old son who doesn’t read but loves to play games now and then. He accidentally started a new game in Lego Marvel...
  3. Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolution of Recent Fable 3 Local Co-Op Save Autodestruct Problem: Hello: I hope I am in the right forum, if not, apologies, and hopefully the moderator can situate this post where it belongs... In an earlier post I surprisingly was well received in my...
  4. Recently my Monster Hunter World: Iceborne save data failed to load from the Cloud Save....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recently my Monster Hunter World: Iceborne save data failed to load from the Cloud Save....: As of now, I've been playing Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, and reached to a point in story where i was near the end of Master Rank. However, I lost my save data as my Xbox failed to load that...
  5. XBOX game pass for PC - saves cannot be loaded in Kingdom come after recent update to XBOX...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game pass for PC - saves cannot be loaded in Kingdom come after recent update to XBOX...: Hi, since yesterday I cannot load my saves in Kingdom come game which I got from XBOX game pass for PC. I believe this is somehow connected with the recent update of XBOX app to version...
  6. My more recent game appeared lost but I see them in Saved Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    My more recent game appeared lost but I see them in Saved Data: I hope someone has experiencing this because I have been having the hardest time getting answers. While playing my game I was disconnected from Xbox Live. Normally, my system reconnects me but...
  7. Couldn't get most recent game save

in XBoX on Consoles
    Couldn't get most recent game save: I got an update on june 8th 2018 played farcry 5 with no problems then the next day tried to play it and got the "couldn't get most recent game save try offline mode". Tried playing another game...
  8. Recent subterrain update deleted the save for game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recent subterrain update deleted the save for game: i was enjoying puting over 30hrs into this game already. Update came then the game save was gone. Not good 0fd5ca33-4dc0-4f2a-8ca1-da73ed0e9a61
  9. Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data: Hi There, as the above reads I recently sent my Xbox One console in for repair, issue being wireless adapter fail in the console itself. From the issue obviously no game saves were being backed up...
  10. Migrating offline account saves/achievements to new online account created recently .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrating offline account saves/achievements to new online account created recently .: Hi : I bought my Xbox 360 2 years back and All my achievement for more than 2 years was saved on my offline account , recently i went online and created new account and signed up for gold...