My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing?

Discus and support My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? Hi Shadows, Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by KaliShadows, Sep 26, 2019.

1. KaliShadows
    KaliShadows Guest

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? :D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will
    eventually be the new IP system. So these wont have any issue with your online gaming.

If you only have one console, you do not need the Alternate port selection. This is used when you have more than one console connected to the network. You can see this information in the
    nat error solution step 8

If you have two or more Xbox consoles on your home network

From the Network Settings screen:

1. Select Advanced Settings.
    2. Select Alternate port selection.
    3. Select Manual.
    4. On the Select Port menu, select one of the options from the list.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.
    So we need to find out some information. How does it affect your online gaming and socialization? Do you get disconnects? Please provide some additional information on that issue.

Thanks,

Brad

:)

KaliShadows, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi KaliShadows,

That sound like it may be the router, have you check with your ISP?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1:D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will
    eventually be the new IP system. So these wont have any issue with your online gaming.

If you only have one console, you do not need the Alternate port selection. This is used when you have more than one console connected to the network. You can see this information in the

3. Select Manual.
    5. Write down the number of the port you selected. You’ll use this in place of port 3074 when you open the ports for your second console.
    So we need to find out some information. How does it affect your online gaming and socialization? Do you get disconnects? Please provide some additional information on that issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. KaliShadows Win User

Hi Shadows,

Thanks for coming to the forums. IPv4 and IPv6 are two different internet protocols. They are not a certain internet. For example IPv4 is 192.168.0.1 IPv6 is E1:D6: etc. etc. Which can be 45 characters long. IPv6 is there as Ipv4 is running out so it will

3. Select Manual.

Thanks,

Brad
    Brad in reply to your response, there are multiple things occuring with my device,I dont know what is the issue. For example its starting to become very slow, meaning I press the A button on my controller, and it wont read the controllers input command till
    about 6 seconds after I press the button, this issue is not an all the time issue, but it happens more times then not. Aswell as the i9ssues ive been experiencing, is, multiple times in a day it will DC me from the game servers telling me ive been disconnected
    from xbox live servers due to an unknown network error, then i get another error along side that one pretty muchy telling me that it failed to find session that was compatable, please try again later, andd aswell as when i get invited to my friends ingame
    session, when its in the middle of loading the live xbox sessions details, it willl give me another error telling me failed to join session, because session no longer exsists.and then when i do happen to make it to the match making service, i am stuck for
    pretty much every game i own in the lobbies, never being able to quickly find online sessions.
  5. Mutt1313 Win User

XBox can not connect to the Network.

I've turned the router and modem off for a minute and powered them back up no changes. I plugged the ethernet cable running to my Box directly into the modem but the modem acted as if the cable wasn't even there. But again plug it into this one port on the
    router and it can detect it but I still can't connect to the network and it continues to give me an IP address error.

All Network settings are on Automatic.
  6. Fox McCloud l Win User

Network Port changing on its own

Hi Fox,

I totally understand that you may know how to port forward. In your post it does not state that you did or did not port forward so this is why I mentioned this. As we basically have exhausted all troubleshooting it is just another step to try. With port
    forwarding you wouldn't need to rely on changing the port on the console. With the one on the console there is no way to force it to stay on a certain port. It automatically detects the most available port.

Thanks,

Brad
    Actually, I did say that I had opened ports in my original post. To quote myself: "I've even gone as far to open the ports in my router for all of the different ports the X could possibly use (3074,55533,50642...)"

Now, where you said that there is not a way to force the Xbox One to stay using a certain port. Actually you can force the Xbox to use a port by going to Settings<Network Setting<Advanced Network Setting<Use Alternative Port. It will only automatically detect/use
    a port if the Xbox is configured to Automatic Port Selection.

Also in my bold text I specifically said that this problem is not caused by a certain port not being open. Please take my word when I say that I hate dealing with the forums because I build computers. I know how to troubleshoot. I spent 2 hours diagnosing
    my network, (router, modem, ISP even my Cat 6 Ethernet Cables)

There is obviously not a way to force the Xbox One to stay on 3074 like I could with the 360 by entering in all of my network info manually. This needs to be implemented into the Xbox One.

Now that I have said all of that, please lock the thread as I have gleamed all of the info I need from it.

Thank you to all of my fellow Ambassadors who were more helpful then the Actual Microsoft Staff.
Thema:

1. My networks set to automatically detect port, but it keeps changing? - Similar Threads - networks set automatically

2. Network settings

in XboX Insiders
    Network settings: Console keeps disconnecting from the internet submitted by /u/socialrejex [link] [comments]
  3. Problem with not seeing in guide after going to where it says settings I’m seeing network...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with not seeing in guide after going to where it says settings I’m seeing network...: I just got the tweet from Brad rossetti that the Delta Ring and the beta Ring will beable to run the new Test Console Streaming test from today under settings Network. Please test and provide...
  4. Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Major xbox live party issue [0x89234020] "Your network settings are blocking party chat": I'm having this issue with only one friend where when either of us hosts a party, the joining player gets the error message. In addition we are not able to play any games together (Have tried...
  5. : Network settings

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Network settings: : Network settings It's very difficult to connect to Wifi Hotspots since you can't adjust any of the network security settings yourself. You may have to move around your city and find a tower that...
  6. Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020: I am currently experiencing the above error message when trying to play and chat with ONE SPECIFIC FRIEND on xbox. If this friend is not in the party I do not get this message. If he is in the...
  7. Xbox on Windows 10 - your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807A1011

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox on Windows 10 - your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807A1011: This has happened to me twice in the past 24 hours, where me and my friends are playing a game and suddenly it just drops me and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. it's super frustrating....
  8. NETWORK SETTINGS ARE BLOCKING PARTY CHAT. [0x89234020]

in XBoX on Consoles
    NETWORK SETTINGS ARE BLOCKING PARTY CHAT. [0x89234020]: Why am i banned for no reason? I feel like my whole video game life is gone and will probably stop playing and sell my xbox all together if i cant find a solution. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER. :[...
  9. Nothing happens when I press network settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing happens when I press network settings: I just bought an Xbox one x, and when going to network> network settings and click it nothing happens, and I can't sign in because it appears a window with an error 0x80a40019, so I'm stuck, I...
  10. How to restore automatic configuration to my wireless network settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to restore automatic configuration to my wireless network settings.: Hello all, Does anyone know how to allow the wireless network settings to be configured automatically. I recently attempted to assign a static ip address using the Xbox One settings and now it...