My notifications and friends list isn't updating correctly

Discus and support My notifications and friends list isn't updating correctly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I press the guide button to bring up my friends list and it doesn't show any numbers at the top, but if I hover over the friends icon then I can see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nihilistic Taco, Oct 26, 2020.

1. My notifications and friends list isn't updating correctly

I press the guide button to bring up my friends list and it doesn't show any numbers at the top, but if I hover over the friends icon then I can see everyone online. And if someone sends me a message or invite I get the pop up, but once that goes away
    the message or invite is gone. I can't accept it later and there's nothing in the Chats category.

:)

Nihilistic Taco, Oct 26, 2020
  2. MirrorcleSora Win User

Friends list, showcase randomly don't update or show outdated content

Power cycling didn't change anything, unfortunately. However the problem solved itself after 3-4 days, though it definitely shouldn't take that long to correctly show my updated friends list. Hopefully this isn't just temporarily...
  3. voteDC Win User

Anyone else got the new xbox.com green bar?

Perhaps it is set-up to connect to the Xbox One version of the friends list? Could be why it isn't reading the 360 incarnation correctly.
  4. PUFFJOCKTAFFER Win User

Friend list didnt work

My friends list is fine, but since the latest update preview the 'no friends online' notification is displayed in what appears to be a Russian character font. Also my Xbox Ones' location & language had reset to Australia/English.
  5. DocHolliday 7 Win User

Strange "followers"

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]
    How could you possibly get a friend request on a system which has no notifications?

[/quote] It showed up under messages. It said friend request. Also, I'm on my dashboard right now looking at someone who isn't on my friend's list and I have the option to "Add friend".
  6. JaXn007 Win User

Friends online notifications not popping up

Update. It looks like the friend list notification on Xbox and Smartglass is working again. Dec 12th !

For me at leat. ;)

Anybodey else ?
Thema:

My notifications and friends list isn't updating correctly

1. My notifications and friends list isn't updating correctly - Similar Threads - notifications friends list

2. Friends online list not showing notifications at all now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends online list not showing notifications at all now: I came home after taking a vacation and turned my Xbox on and where it's supposed to say how many friends are online in the menu tab is gone. I get my message notifications but now you have to...
  3. Bug in friends notifications on the dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    Bug in friends notifications on the dashboard: [IMG] Hi guys how are you? I'm new to xbox insider, I'm xbox Beta and I'm level 5 ... My problem is this: the number of online friends does not appear in the menu. The following image was taken...
  4. Stop getting notifications on my Phone/Watch about child's friend's chat requests.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop getting notifications on my Phone/Watch about child's friend's chat requests.: Hi there. Not sure how to make this stop but I need a solution :). Every time my son gets an Xbox chat request from his friends I get a notification on my phone and watch through my Xbox app on my...
  5. Love the new UI, hate the new friends list. It always looks like I always missed notifications.

in XboX Insiders
    Love the new UI, hate the new friends list. It always looks like I always missed notifications.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Rottenpotato365 [link] [comments]
  6. How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop notification pop-ups for a person no longer on your friends list? What am I missing: Hello, What am I missing here? How do I stop the pop-up notifications from a person that's no longer on my friends list? I've removed the friend from my friends list. I blocked & muted the person...
  7. Xbox Party Invite Notification not being received by anyone on my Friends List.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Invite Notification not being received by anyone on my Friends List.: Hi everyone. I have a problem and hope you can help? For the past three days any Party Invites that I initiate/send from my Xbox One X are not being received by anyone on my friends list. I am...
  8. Can the Friends or Notification list be Snapped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can the Friends or Notification list be Snapped?: Can the Friends or Notification list be snapped? It isn't for us and I think we may be missing something. f268708d-42d1-4207-b2aa-343884af5366
  9. Getting notifications about people not on my friend's list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting notifications about people not on my friend's list: Hello, I have been having a recurring issue. I get notifications for players who sign on that are no longer on my friend's list. I get notified when certain players who I added in the past and...
  10. Getting online notifications for people not on my friends list?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting online notifications for people not on my friends list?: I keep getting notifications (on the xbox one) that people no longer on my friends list are online. Why does this keep happening? 2f7efde9-9b50-4ce7-a417-24a28442cadd