My old gamertag wasn’t linked to my old account when I recovered it?!

Discus and support My old gamertag wasn’t linked to my old account when I recovered it?! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi After finally able to get into my old yahoo email address I was able to have Microsoft send an email to my old email to recover my old account that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JayHart2, Nov 9, 2021.

1. JayHart2
    JayHart2 Guest

Hi

After finally able to get into my old yahoo email address I was able to have Microsoft send an email to my old email to recover my old account that has my old gamertag “Hazezal”. I recovered it set it up but when I logged into my Xbox it wasn’t available for me and created a new gamertag for me. Please help

:)

JayHart2, Nov 9, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Gamertag Expiration. You must sign into Xbox Services at least once in a five-year period, otherwise you may lose access to the gamertag associated with your account and that gamertag may become available for use by others.
  3. SteelyPenny1053 Win User

Account Doesn't Exists?

kinda same issue here.

so two years ago i deleted my ms account now two years late got a xbox one and created a new account but now i want my old gamertag back so thinking my old account had been deleted i tried to change my gamertag to my old gamertag but got a message that
    "that gamertag has already been taken" then i searched about that gamertag and found out that my old account hadnt been deleted yet and then when i tried to log in to my old account it said " there is no account by that email address". so i guess that old
    ms account got deleted but not the xbl account as i can still see my old gamertag,acchivement,account description and all.so is there any way to recover that old xbl account or the gamertag now by deleting that old xbl account so that gamertag be available
    to put in my new account?

im searching for a solution too.let me know if u find one.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Account recovered, but not my old gamertag?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Ethan, this is strange because when an account is actually recovered it will come with a new Gamertag and not the old one, Microsoft manages to pass all its items to the new account but the Gamertag will have to be another.

As this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we do not have access there is some data and neither your account, if you want more information about what happens to the account after it is recovered, you will have to contact support again.
  5. ChaoticCSG Win User

Windows Live ID ERROR

I have a similar problem. I had an old gamertag that is linked to my now main email address so I wanted to change it, but I had deleted the old gamertag from my xbox so I recovered/downloaded it, and tried to change my email and I got the "Your WILD cannot
    be changed withing 30 days of creating a gamertag or if you changed your WILD within the past 30 days." I see you had to recover your acccount too so maybe it has something to do with recovered accounts being mistaken for new accounts or something
  6. Queen Chrysalis Win User

Recover Original xbox account Gamertag to 360

Already contact the xbox support and told her about problem and she link me to this forum, currently no-one has the gamertag on the 360/X1. Just trying recover my old gamertag so i can use it on my new account.
Thema:

1. My old gamertag wasn’t linked to my old account when I recovered it?! - Similar Threads - old gamertag wasn’t

2. Using old gamertag from before the merge.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using old gamertag from before the merge.: I'm hoping to find a way to use my old account from before Xbox accounts and Microsoft accounts were merged. I don't really care about all of my achievements or anything from my old account, I...
  3. Old account with a gamertag I'd like

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account with a gamertag I'd like: My gamertag is Ricardo rpd5837 but I just want Ricardo rpd. The acc with Ricardo rpd has 0 gamerscore and 2 followers and is highly inactive. Is there a way i can request the gamertag from them?...
  4. I Want to go back to my old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I Want to go back to my old gamertag: So awhile ago one of my family members changed my gamertag as a prank and now it wont let me change it back is there a way to fix this issue? If it helps my old Gamertag was...
  5. Updated console, now locked out of gamertag because I don't know 15 year old password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Updated console, now locked out of gamertag because I don't know 15 year old password.: Helpppppp. Can't seem to find anyway to contact Microsoft for support. This morning I could use my gamertag and account. Connected to internet and it required updates. After installing updates it...
  6. Are Old Gamertags Reserved After Changing Them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are Old Gamertags Reserved After Changing Them?: Hello, so recently, I've been on an old mission to find my old xbox account and in the process, found an old Microsoft account of mine that was inactive that I figured could have been the old...
  7. Account recovered, but not my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account recovered, but not my old gamertag?: Hello to anyone that sees this, I recently got my account recovered from a hacker by Microsoft support, and a lot of my account switched to a new email and everything. In the email they sent to...
  8. Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost my old gamertag with old game purchases but I'm using a new gamertag: I had an old gamertag with game purchases that were associated with the microsoft account I currently use with my new gamertag. I'm trying to find this old gamertag so I can play those old...
  9. How do I find my old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I find my old gamertag?: So, I have $10 right now to change my gamertag. I want to change it back to my original one, but the only thing is, I don't remember it. I want to know if there is a way to find out using my...
  10. old gamertag shows up next to new one

in XBoX Accessibility
    old gamertag shows up next to new one: both my new & old gamertag show up on my profile. my old gamertag was Wydea, i changed it to PrncssLydea. when i look in my profile on both the xbox mobile app & the account app on my console it...