My other account was hacked into and the email address connected to it was changed. What...

Discus and support My other account was hacked into and the email address connected to it was changed. What... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The title says what happened. I've tried using the account recovery form with no luck so far. Is there something else I can try doing? Thank you for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BlakeSiskin, May 22, 2022.

1. BlakeSiskin
    BlakeSiskin Guest

My other account was hacked into and the email address connected to it was changed. What...

The title says what happened. I've tried using the account recovery form with no luck so far. Is there something else I can try doing? Thank you for any answers.

:)

BlakeSiskin, May 22, 2022
  2. BoomyBarbecue99 Win User

Sign In problem

Turns out that my account was hacked and the email address was changed.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Merge purchases and game saves from an educational email to my personal email

So, purchases and data from an account that will be terminated by my university will be lost?
    Technically, you could add a secondary email to your MS account for sign in purposes...however, no clue what would happen if the primary email was no longer valid

Unfortunately, MS don't allow you to change the primary email due to the risk of fraud, hacking and whatnot...if they allowed it, then a hacked account could then have it's address changed
  4. RenitentDock470 Win User

My microsoft account is hacking

5. SKiNT 3ASTWOOD Win User

xbox live enforcement team

ive been getting mobile txt`s.asking me to login in and enter a number.i know all about this as its for security reasons.my problem is its for an email address that is not mine and is in no way connected to my xbox live account.

i do not have an hotmail account what so ever.

this email address in question belongs to my mam and has no association to me what so ever,my mam has never emailed me nor has the need to as we live in same house.

now the only way that ms would know that the email address is coming from the same home address is by logging the ip address.this is a serious breach of privacy.

not only that ,but if my mams account would have been hacked and someone used that email address to set up an xbox live account and lets say used a modded xbox at my ip address then they would probably ban any other xbox that has been on that ip address
    also, which means MINE.

i have also had another txt today going on about another email address attached to my mams email address.

why are they sending to my mams email address at all,it has nothing to do with me or my xbox live account.

im not happy and wont some action taken asap,ill be reporting to the applicable authorities about an invasion of privacy.the email in question has no connection to my live account what so ever as ive stated..
  6. WPAK Win User

email account problem

Hi there,

Hoping I understand the issue correct, the following steps might be an option:

These steps should allow you to switch around the primary email addresses connected to both accounts

(this won't change any purchase/services linked to the MS account, only the primary email)

in order to achieve that, it might be possible to use a 3rd (temporary) email address (Microsoft Account).

Currently both email addresses have a MS and Xbox Live Account.

If you change the primary email for the account with the email address you want to use on your MS account connected to Random GT account to that new 3rd email address, that should result in the Celts12085 email to be free and after that you should be able
    to change the primary email address connected to the Aragorn12085 account to Celts12085 email address.

This link shows the steps on how to change the primary email address on a MS account:

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Keep in mind that None of these accounts should be logged in on any device while doing this, so not on Windows PC, Phone or console etc. The reason for that is, that if they are signed in at anything related to Windows (10) it could result in a new Xbox
    Live Account (with random GT) being generated.

I hope the steps are clear and that I understood this correctly.
Thema:

1. My other account was hacked into and the email address connected to it was changed. What... - Similar Threads - account was hacked

2. Account Hacked, tried everything I could

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked, tried everything I could: So my account got hacked, and my password and email got changed, so I couldn't log into it. I went to the support page of microsoft, did all the things it suggested, changed my password, but when...
  3. My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover: About a year ago, my Xbox account was hacked. I was unable to respond to the alert emails because I was out of the country. By the time I returned, it was too late and they had already changed the...
  4. Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft

in XBoX on Windows
    Hacked Microsoft account/Problems with migration from Mojang to Microsoft: Hey, I have an issue. I tried to log into my Minecraft account through Microsoft, because I've already migrated and I've never had an issue with that until yesterday. When I tried to log in it...
  5. my minecraft java account have been hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft java account have been hacked: my minecraft java account have been hacked he/she even changed the email so i was forced to create a new microsoft account to contact you guys 029b6ce3-a031-49e5-b5d5-c6e1949ac0b4
  6. Microsoft account got hacked by rambler.ru

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account got hacked by rambler.ru: hello My Microsoft account got hacked by rambler.ru mail when I try to send recover code rambler.ru mail comes to send code not mine mail id and I cant access my account but I can access the...
  7. account hacked but i made a new microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    account hacked but i made a new microsoft account: It all started when I wanted to play Minecraft. I was logged out and when I tried to log in it showed me a different email on my Microsoft account so I went to Microsoft support and wanted to make...
  8. XBOX profiles not me someone hacked my Account Please delete all Xbox please

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX profiles not me someone hacked my Account Please delete all Xbox please: Someone opened an Xbox profile on me, and I've never played the game in my life.Help 205cc1af-be19-4193-86f5-7f22d2c8f1f7
  9. Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed cannot get access.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed cannot get access.: Basically, what the title says, my account got hacked and the email got changed as well as the password when I try to log in via my windows I get this error no matter what. [img]...
  10. account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    account was hacked: my account was hacked on Xbox and it seems the gmail originally associated with it was changed to a gmail i never have even saw before i think someone may have took my Xbox account and i'm scared...