My overwatch keeps crashing

Discus and support My overwatch keeps crashing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve restarted my xbox many times, power cycled twice and reinstalled it and yet my overwatch keeps crashing after I press a after the intro scene also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IMC chief, Jan 14, 2020.

1. IMC chief
    IMC chief Guest

I’ve restarted my xbox many times, power cycled twice and reinstalled it and yet my overwatch keeps crashing after I press a after the intro scene also bought the game digital. This problem annoyed me for a week.

:)

IMC chief, Jan 14, 2020
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Hi IMC chief,

Is it just Overwatch you are having issues with or do other games crash?

Also, what happens when it crashes? Do you see any error messages?

You could try a ‘soft’ reset to factory defaults. Make sure you choose the Reset and keep my games & apps
    option.

Hope this helps fix the issue and let us know how you get on. :)
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey chief

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with a game constantly crashing.

There are different variables that can cause your games to quit un unexpectedly
    in this matter. Does this occur with any other games? Have you been experiencing intermittent connection issues lately?

If you haven't already, I recommend that you use the
    Xbox One Game Issue Solution
    wizard and see if some of the troubleshooting techniques here help provide much more favorable results.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox One Freezing, Making Buzzing Noise and then going back to Home Screen

You want my advice, I would take it back where you bought it and exchange it. A freeze/crash once in a while is normal, but not as much as you're having.

Does it happen in other games too or just Overwatch?
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Overwatch Crash Assistance

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game? The current installation you have could be corrupt, preventing launch. That's the only thing I did not see in your list of attempted troubleshooting steps.

How is the disc, by the way? Does it have scratches? After you've uninstalled the game, you can take the console offline and reinstall the base files with just the disc alone, which should effectively test whether the disc is good or not.

More details about games refusing to start can be found here in this comprehensive guide: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution
  6. Blackysss Win User

Overwatch Crash Assistance

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game? The current installation you have could be corrupt, preventing launch. That's the only thing I did not see in your list of attempted troubleshooting steps.

How is the disc, by the way? Does it have scratches? After you've uninstalled the game, you can take the console offline and reinstall the base files with just the disc alone, which should effectively test whether the disc is good or not.

More details about games refusing to start can be found here in this comprehensive guide: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution
    Thank You! Ive tried reinstalling it and it worked!
Thema:

1. My overwatch keeps crashing - Similar Threads - overwatch keeps crashing

2. Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch stuck in free trial, HELP!: Ok so I have had overwatch for about 2 years, and only 3 or 4 months ago it started popping "...…., enjoy your free trial! if you don't want to use ……...'s trial, make sure they're signed out.....
  3. Lost all Overwatch data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all Overwatch data: Like it says in the title, I've literally lost all my saved data on Overwatch. Playtime, stats, rank, skins. Everything. This happened after I deleted my Battle.net account. I have been in contact...
  4. Not getting my skins from the Overwatch Legendary bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not getting my skins from the Overwatch Legendary bundle: So I purchased Overwatch on Black Friday and it came with 15 skins. So I redeemed the skins to my account on xbox, and when I logged into Overwatch for the first time I had nothing. I refreshed...
  5. Streaming Overwatch on Xbox One on Twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming Overwatch on Xbox One on Twitch: Hi so every time i stream on twitch on the xbox app it keeps crashing after various amounts of time with the game overwatch this doesn't seem like a problem on my end i've done everything to try...
  6. I am suspecting that Overwatch is overtaken by a bunch of cheaters. Now what?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suspecting that Overwatch is overtaken by a bunch of cheaters. Now what?: So, this is so bad. If I lose everytime to cheaters, then what? I feel that Overwatch has been overtaken or something. 72f09e50-013b-49ea-beb7-4b7d2ecf02f5
  7. Connection problems in overwatch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connection problems in overwatch: Often there are breaks with the server. Yellow icons constantly appear in the corner of the screen, most often with lightning. There are strong ping jumps. What does this come from? And what to...
  8. Keep disconnecting from Overwatch "LC202"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep disconnecting from Overwatch "LC202": Contacted blizzard support, they sent me here. Resetted router, modem, hard resetted xbox, forwarded my ports etc. Nothing seems to fix the problem. The only game that has this problem is...
  9. Keep Getting kicked off Overwatch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep Getting kicked off Overwatch: I bought Overwatch and whenever I go to start the game, the screen goes blank and I get kicked off, any suggestions? 4529c738-9e57-4e7d-b115-692c594bb978
  10. i keep getting this pop up when ever i try to buy overwatch please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting this pop up when ever i try to buy overwatch please help: i keep getting a message that says TRY THAT AGAIN something happened at our end. waiting a bit might help BBcvp+5PaOaVuzss.56 i have been getting this for about 5 hours now...