My profile keeps on corrupting itself

Discus and support My profile keeps on corrupting itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago my xbox 360 (slim) would take forever to log me in. I figured it had something to do with the hard drive (320 Gig) so i moved my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by manofsteel1117, Feb 7, 2014.

1. My profile keeps on corrupting itself

About 2 weeks ago my xbox 360 (slim) would take forever to log me in. I figured it had something to do with the hard drive (320 Gig) so i moved my profile over to the internal memory. I played like that and everything was fine. Then I move all my other stuff
    off the hard drive to reformat it. Everything still works fine and now even a few games that didnt previously work, did. All fixed right? Wrong. Now every time I turn off the xbox my file corrupts and I have to re-download it. Everything will work great until
    I turn it off. Rinse and repeat.

Bottom line - its not crippling and I'm not losing any info, its just a HUGE hassle. Please help

:)

manofsteel1117, Feb 7, 2014
  2. My Profile keeps corrupting.

OK, so read your posts. I will throw a twist in it. I have had my Xbox for about 6 months and had to reformat my USB drive the same number of times if not more. I never change consoles. It just stops working and needs to be reformated. Just this week I transferred
    downloaded games and game info onto the USB drive and bam today it does not work. I did not even remove it from the console. HELP!!!!

I was trying to navigate their awful support website and saw forums. I hope someone can give a solution. Thanks

ThirstierBroom7, Feb 7, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    My Profile keeps corrupting.

Forgive the question but have these friends of yours been up to something naughty with their Xbox 360s?

If a console is banned or flagged to be banned, it corrupts any data that is written on it.

So if you plug your profile into one of these consoles, gain an achievement for example, and then try to use it in your clean console then BAM...it'll show as corrupted.

This is to stop people moving their profile back and forth between a banned and unbanned console.

voteDC, Feb 7, 2014
  4. DGYT
    DGYT Guest

Hmmm, try purchasing a Usb storage device and putting the account on there.

DGYT, Feb 7, 2014
  5. DGYT Win User

Hmmm, try purchasing a Usb storage device and putting the account on there.
  6. SouL ProDiiGY Win User

profile download error 80070571

How do you delete the corrupted profile from the xbox itself? My son keeps getting this same error code
  7. Mister Gwyther Win User

Hey there Broom! What brand/model/size USB device are you using? Have you tried using a different one? If not, try formatting the USB device to FAT32 on your computer before formatting it again on the console. Let me know what works, thanks!
  8. ThirstierBroom7 Win User

OK, so read your posts. I will throw a twist in it. I have had my Xbox for about 6 months and had to reformat my USB drive the same number of times if not more. I never change consoles. It just stops working and needs to be reformated. Just this week I transferred
    downloaded games and game info onto the USB drive and bam today it does not work. I did not even remove it from the console. HELP!!!!

I was trying to navigate their awful support website and saw forums. I hope someone can give a solution. Thanks
  9. Marksutton Win User

but the problem is the moment I use my profile on another Xbox 360 then put the usb in my xbox it shows as corrupted. it is becoming very annoying having to spend 3 hours recovering my profile everytime I use it on someone elses xbox.
Thema:

1. My profile keeps on corrupting itself - Similar Threads - profile keeps corrupting

2. if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if you are downloading a file, can you switch profiles and keep downloading from the other...: I have two profiles setup on my console.. I was just wondering... if I start a download on one profile, will it continue to download or pause if I switch to the other profile...
  3. One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted: Every three or four days, all the profile pics and one guide data go missing from my Xbox One. I have reinstalled the OS but the problem still persists. Anyone seen this issue before and if so, is...
  4. My Xbox profile keeps signing out while playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox profile keeps signing out while playing games: Hi there, For some reason, my Xbox profile will keep signing out while playing games. It only seems to regularly happen while playing big story games like RDR2, and today, 3 times in an hour on...
  5. XBox One keeps signing out kids profiles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One keeps signing out kids profiles.: My kids profiles keep signing out as soon as they sign in using their controller. I sign them back in and the immediatly are signed out again. Edit: I have one adult accoint with three kid...
  6. Xbox One profile keeps getting signed out WHILE OFFLINE

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One profile keeps getting signed out WHILE OFFLINE: Before anybody tells me to redownload my profile, I have been playing Skyrim offline for a while now. Offline as in my xbox one is NOT connected to a network. So why in the world does my profile...
  7. Xbox One keeps signing me out of my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps signing me out of my profile: I've had this issue where Xbox One keeps signing me out of my profile and I can't play Red Dead Redemption because of it. Every time I go to load into the game it will sign me out. This also...
  8. XBOX LIVE PROFILE KEEPS CRASHING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE PROFILE KEEPS CRASHING: I deleted my profile then downloaded it again. This resolved the problem for about 20 minutes when in the middle of a game it disconnected me. Deleting and downloading profile no longer restores...
  9. My xbox one profile keeps signing itself out mid-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one profile keeps signing itself out mid-game: In the past day or two my xbox one profile will sign itself out mid-game and proceed to catapault me back to the title screen of the game I'm playing. Now it's only recently happened when I...
  10. Profile keep getting corrupted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile keep getting corrupted: Hey, Some time ago i noticed my profile had become 'Corrupted', which prevents me from doing more or less anything with my Xbox. Ive tried to delete and re-download the profile, without any luck....