My Second Xbox One Died 3 Months Before New Console Generation

Discus and support My Second Xbox One Died 3 Months Before New Console Generation in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All due respect, but--depending on how my current situation pans out--I am done with Microsoft and moving to Sony this Fall. I was a 360 owner for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EthanSheckler, Aug 25, 2020.

1. My Second Xbox One Died 3 Months Before New Console Generation

All due respect, but--depending on how my current situation pans out--I am done with Microsoft and moving to Sony this Fall.

I was a 360 owner for several years, then purchased my first Xbox One in 2013. Within months the Kinect stopped working, then within a couple years the console stopped reading disks and also wouldn't eject disks without using the manual eject. I was able
    to get this Xbox One replaced with a refurbished one by Microsoft for a ~$50 fee. Despite all the issues the console had, I was mostly satisfied with the fair service.

Then, within a year, the refurbished console started having the same disk reading issues. Multiple controllers died on me. Now, I've been struck by the Power Supply issue and my console is officially dead.

Xbox Support has refused to do anything, since it's the original Xbox. I asked if my loyalty over the years has earned me any sort of Upgrade Discount to purchase an Xbox One S or X, but no such luck. I asked why, given all these issues and current lack
    of service/support, I would choose Xbox Series X this November instead of PlayStation. The Representative replied that he "hoped" the new console would be better and would not have any issues. Sorry, but I'm not going to wait 3 months and spend $500 or more
    for another generation of problems. I get that electronics fail with use and don't last forever, but the lack of service is what really did it for me. If I invest my money in a product, I expect that company to invest a bit of effort to keep me loyal, especially
    when a new generation is coming soon, and with it a big choice.

:)

EthanSheckler, Aug 25, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

if its the original xbox one then it is no longer supported, they dont even make them anymore, they dont make xbox one x and xbox one s digital anymore.

must be just bad luck, i still have my original day one 2013 xbox one and it works perfectly. and it has had some hammer, owned by me then my boys then as a temp in front room.
  3. EthanSheckler Win User

Sure, like I said I understand that electronics don't last forever. But nothing, not even a loyalty discount on an Xbox One S or X to get me by until the Series X this Fall?
  4. DAmonte33PALLYWOG Win User

All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant UnMute Known Issue With no solutions

Ok Thanks Brad what adapter do I get could you provide a link. Keep in mind i have a Xbox One Second Generation controller. So the standard xbox headset adapter dies not fit on my controller.

thanks again please provode a link tk the purce tgat will fig second generation I can buy it.

Happy New Year
  5. Chief Ben 187 Win User

HELP!! Need to sync 2 add'l wireless controllers to new Elite - they won't sync!!!

The XBOX that died on me a month ago that I have replaced with the new one had no issues with either of these controllers so I know they work just fine as I used them both until old one died. If this is an issue with the console why would the one that came
    with the console work? I'll check the link, thanks.
  6. boldyboy Win User

Xbox One HD-DVD add-on compatibility

I paid £19.99 from gamestation when they had a sale for the HD DVD about 2 months before the thing died got 3 films with it watched 1 got bored with it its now in my loft gathering dust! £40 to a new home lol
Thema:

1. My Second Xbox One Died 3 Months Before New Console Generation - Similar Threads - Second Died Months

2. Forza Horizon 4 dropping connection seconds after joining any session

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 dropping connection seconds after joining any session: Title describes everything. Running Windows 10 with 350mbps internet and no problems on any other games with good gaming PC. Could this problem be caused by my other question about Teredo not...
  3. iPhone app - crashes every 20 seconds to 3 minutes

in XBoX on Mobile
    iPhone app - crashes every 20 seconds to 3 minutes: I have an iPhone XS Max. The Xbox App is installed on it. I use it frequently to control the Xbox when I am watching movies and doing things that dont require a controller. Now, everything works...
  4. on my second Elite series 2 and one of the profile led lights isn't working

in XBoX on Windows
    on my second Elite series 2 and one of the profile led lights isn't working: Hello everyone, I bought an Elite 2 and the first one was having problems with the A button not registering, so I took it back to best buy. The second one all of the buttons are working, but...
  5. Xbox One S turns off after 15 seconds without the loading screen/hard reset screen booting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns off after 15 seconds without the loading screen/hard reset screen booting up: I was playing FIFA 20 on my xbox and the screen just froze. I tried restarting the screen and it was stuck on the Green loading screen. I tried to hard reset the xbox and I got to the “Keep games...
  6. Xbox 1 turns On/Off unexpectedly when a second XBox One in the same room is turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 turns On/Off unexpectedly when a second XBox One in the same room is turned on: I have a weird situation whereby when i have 2 XBox Ones in the same room, by turning on one of the XBoxs it will toggle the other XBox to either turn on/off depending on its current situation....
  7. Second Xbox controller won't connect to PC (using USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Second Xbox controller won't connect to PC (using USB): Hey, I have 2 xbox controller, there's one I can connect via USB and play anytime I want, will always work. Thing is, I'd like to connect my second xbox controller but my PC doesn't recognize it...
  8. Xbox One X Captures Only Recording 6-9 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Captures Only Recording 6-9 Seconds: I've been trying to find a solution to an issue I have recording captures while playing online. Even if I select 45 or 30 seconds manually from the capture options it will only record 6-9 seconds....
  9. Xbox one s turns on for a few seconds then dies

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s turns on for a few seconds then dies: Hey guys,looking for some help. Xbox one s cuts off a few seconds into the green welcome screen. I’ve replaced the power cord, switched wall outlets, and I’ve reset the power cord a couple of...
  10. Second Xbox one X dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second Xbox one X dying?: So, my first xbox one x had to be sent back as it kept black screening, refused to load games, various error codes and messages about taking too long etc and constantly asking to delete corrupted...