My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device

Discus and support My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series x is constantly disconnecting my external hard drive kicking me out of any game I am playing which is very frustrating. My Xbox one and one x... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackOlyphant, Nov 21, 2021.

1. JackOlyphant
    JackOlyphant Guest

My series x is constantly disconnecting my external hard drive kicking me out of any game I am playing which is very frustrating. My Xbox one and one x never had this issue with my device so I'm confused as to why it is doing this. My series x is also disconnecting from my controller very frequently.

:)

JackOlyphant, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

In this case, resetting the console and removing everything will be the last resort and if that didn’t work getting the console repaired will be the best option.

To do so, simply sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/devices.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Please perform a powercycle on your console as this usually fixes this issue.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If the issue persists please perform a factory reset on your console keeping your games and apps to delete any corrupted system data.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. JackOlyphant Win User

This did not resolve the issue as it immediately happened again after the factory reset
  5. Smwutches Win User

Storage Options

You can use an external storage device for backwards compatible content and to store Series X games, but the Series X games will only run off the internal drive or the expansion card.
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
Thema:

1. My series x keeps disconnecting my controller and external storage device - Similar Threads - series keeps disconnecting

2. Series S party chat stays connected but i keep getting disconnected when trying to play...

in XboX Insiders
    Series S party chat stays connected but i keep getting disconnected when trying to play...: So basically, the title. I have a series s and have been having a problem with select games (back 4 blood and risk of rain 2, Halo works just fine though). I will be in a party chat with my friend...
  3. Have a series X. Keep getting disconnected from internet mid game but will immediately...

in XboX Insiders
    Have a series X. Keep getting disconnected from internet mid game but will immediately...: Got a new series X when they were released. Was using wifi but was having connection issues so spent big bucks to get a hard wired line installed in basement. Problem wasn’t fixed and also was...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps Disconnecting in PC Games?!: So I've had a Series X controller (WIRELESS CONTROLLER BUT USING A USB CABLE) now for a good 6-8(?) months and had no issues. Last week it randomly started cutting out whilst in game (F1/Rocket...
  5. Xbox series 2 keeps disconnecting (wireed with xbox usb-c) PC Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series 2 keeps disconnecting (wireed with xbox usb-c) PC Horizon 5: Hi my wife recently purchased the elite series 2 controller for me and I've been waiting to use it for the Horizon 5 release. I'm having awful wired connection issues to my PC though and I haven't...
  6. XBOX Series X|S keeps randomly disconnecting while playing on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X|S keeps randomly disconnecting while playing on Windows 10: Hello, I have bought an XBOX Series X|S and been using it on my PC with Windows 10, I've been using the controller in Bluetooth mode since I broke my USB-C port on my laptop, randomly at any...
  7. X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series S Picture keeps breaking up and Controller disconnects: I only recently in the last week got an X box S. I set it up and all seemed ok. However within a couple of days I noticed a real lag on Forza Horizon 4. I have a fast internet connection (and a X...
  8. Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting on wireless

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting on wireless: My Series X has started to disconnect over and over again on wireless. Everything works fine wired, but when i’m trying to play on WiFi it keeps disconnecting me nonstop. Is this a common issue...
  9. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from wifi (Not a wifi issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from wifi (Not a wifi issue): I bought my Xbox a little over 3 weeks ago and at first, I was really enjoying it, but now I seem to be having an issue that many others are having and that Microsoft has not addressed. This issue...
  10. My Xbox series X seagate 1 TB portable drive keeps disconnecting when playing a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X seagate 1 TB portable drive keeps disconnecting when playing a game...: Hi, I have been recently getting a issue with my seagate portable drive on my Xbox Series x for some reason randomly when I’m playing a game after a while of playing it randomly goes back to the...