My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV

Discus and support My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is going to sound crazy, but I am at the end of my rope. Last night, my son and I were watching Zootopia, as we have 100 times before. I stepped... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarthCraig, Oct 29, 2019.

1. DarthCraig
    DarthCraig Guest

This is going to sound crazy, but I am at the end of my rope.

Last night, my son and I were watching Zootopia, as we have 100 times before. I stepped away for less than 60 seconds. He had the controller and was just messing around (He's 2 years old). In those few seconds, he managed to convert Zootopia into its on-screen
    German counterpart "Zoomania".

The movie is still in English, but its like its the German version, with English Audio overlay, the audio isn't in German, which is odd.

I have no clue what he did to cause this and I cannot replicate it. He was just pressing and holding the center button and standing on the controller.

No other movies are affected.

This is something that is now associated with my xbox account, as when I log into my 2nd xbox, the movie is affected there as well (and on my windows 10 PC)

I know many are going to want to tell me to check my language settings, but I 100% guarantee you its not that - everything is set on English and United States.

I have tried deleting from the library and re-adding it.

I have tried adding in, removing subtitles and changing audio channels.

I have clicked on every menu item I could find on both the xbox, and windows 10 app

Please help me - I am losing my mind here!

My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV [​IMG]

:)

DarthCraig, Oct 29, 2019
  2. DarthCraig Win User

The TV is not the culprit., this issue persists across multiple tvs, as well as my windows and 10 pc.
  3. Expensive Asf Win User

Go into your settings on your tv.
  4. Sbt1128 Win User

Xbox 360 Error 80C90010

Funny - I can’t watch MS Movies and TV on my wired 360 but it works fine on my son’s wireless Xbox One. Same ID.
  5. AlexMellott Win User

Problem with language in movies in Video App for Windows 8

Hi mmairegger,

I'm going to assume that you're purchasing and downloading movies using the Xbox Movies app. If I'm not correct, please let me know.

Each publisher is different in the way that they publish their movies, as well as subtitles and language translations. Unfortunately, not all videos available on the Xbox Movies and TV marketplace are optimized for all languages due to content restrictions.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Sincerely,

SpiritofFire224
  6. cyanide411 Win User

Rent Movies?

I have a Xbox 1 and I am trying to rent a movie. When i try to rent a movie i get a notification that says that i can not buy or rent videos right now. The reason it gives me is that i need to be in the region for my xbox profile. After going online and
    trying to change it my profile sets the language to the area that i am in. i do not understand the local language so is there any way i can change my region without changing the language setting?
Thema:

1. My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV - Similar Threads - son changed language

2. Changing sons gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing sons gamertag: I've been trying to change my sons gamertag for quite a while now and every time i try i get "unexpected error occurred. Please try again later". Its a child account so idk if that is why or if...
  3. Why can't my son use his free name change on Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my son use his free name change on Xbox one?: My son has been using Xbox since he was small first on 360 and now Xbox one and has never changed his username, and now he wants to use his one free name change and we are being told he has to pay...
  4. Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 1 set up in my sons name as an adult! I want to change his account to a child’s: basically son set up xbox 1 in his name and i am now concerned about him and would like to put family settings on as i have done for my other son but it seems that he is classed as an adult...
  5. Can't change the Privacy Settings for son's Minecraft game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change the Privacy Settings for son's Minecraft game: I've downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 for my son's computer. It won't allow him to access multiplayer games. I get the message "You cannot play online multiplayer mode through Xbox Live because...
  6. Son got his name changed for calling himself ultimatewigger.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son got his name changed for calling himself ultimatewigger.: Xbox enforcement seems unconstitutional. They just changed someones gamertag for being a fan of a law firm, last name, or a culture. Before people get all uptight about the word, it's actually...
  7. My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is trying to get access to play battlefield 1 but cant, How do i change his account age?: I have tried to change my Microsoft account age but that didn't work, any suggestions 2a22cb2f-0386-49c0-8b4e-a28420af6e9e
  8. total mess after changing my son's account to a child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    total mess after changing my son's account to a child account: When I bought my son (11) an xbox I set him up on it using my microsoft account. He has since got into Fortnite. I wanted to restrict screen time, so: I set up a new microsoft account...
  9. Changing email address on my son's Xbox Live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing email address on my son's Xbox Live account: Hi There Until now my son's Xbox Live gamer tag has been associated with my email address. I have now added him as a child as Microsoft family member so he now has his own email address. How do I...
  10. How do I change my son's child account to an adult account for xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my son's child account to an adult account for xbox.: I am trying to change the parental controls on my son's xbox account. I want to delete any restrictions. c852a191-bcbb-4fa2-bcf8-7662690f5d16