My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV

Discus and support My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is going to sound crazy, but I am at the end of my rope. Last night, my son and I were watching Zootopia, as we have 100 times before. I stepped... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DarthCraig, Oct 29, 2019.

1. DarthCraig
    DarthCraig Guest

This is going to sound crazy, but I am at the end of my rope.

Last night, my son and I were watching Zootopia, as we have 100 times before. I stepped away for less than 60 seconds. He had the controller and was just messing around (He's 2 years old). In those few seconds, he managed to convert Zootopia into its on-screen
    German counterpart "Zoomania".

The movie is still in English, but its like its the German version, with English Audio overlay, the audio isn't in German, which is odd.

I have no clue what he did to cause this and I cannot replicate it. He was just pressing and holding the center button and standing on the controller.

No other movies are affected.

This is something that is now associated with my xbox account, as when I log into my 2nd xbox, the movie is affected there as well (and on my windows 10 PC)

I know many are going to want to tell me to check my language settings, but I 100% guarantee you its not that - everything is set on English and United States.

I have tried deleting from the library and re-adding it.

I have tried adding in, removing subtitles and changing audio channels.

I have clicked on every menu item I could find on both the xbox, and windows 10 app

Please help me - I am losing my mind here!

My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV [​IMG]

:)

DarthCraig, Oct 29, 2019
  2. DarthCraig Win User

The TV is not the culprit., this issue persists across multiple tvs, as well as my windows and 10 pc.
  3. Expensive Asf Win User

Go into your settings on your tv.
  4. Sbt1128 Win User

Xbox 360 Error 80C90010

Funny - I can’t watch MS Movies and TV on my wired 360 but it works fine on my son’s wireless Xbox One. Same ID.
  5. AlexMellott Win User

Problem with language in movies in Video App for Windows 8

Hi mmairegger,

I'm going to assume that you're purchasing and downloading movies using the Xbox Movies app. If I'm not correct, please let me know.

Each publisher is different in the way that they publish their movies, as well as subtitles and language translations. Unfortunately, not all videos available on the Xbox Movies and TV marketplace are optimized for all languages due to content restrictions.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Sincerely,

SpiritofFire224
  6. cyanide411 Win User

Rent Movies?

I have a Xbox 1 and I am trying to rent a movie. When i try to rent a movie i get a notification that says that i can not buy or rent videos right now. The reason it gives me is that i need to be in the region for my xbox profile. After going online and
    trying to change it my profile sets the language to the area that i am in. i do not understand the local language so is there any way i can change my region without changing the language setting?
Thema:

1. My son changed the language of just one movie in Movies and TV - Similar Threads - son changed language

2. How do I change my sons xbox account to his name instead of mine (his dad)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my sons xbox account to his name instead of mine (his dad): He has a xbox name handle but the name showing up in xbox is showing my name instead of his which is making t confusing t his friends on xbox? How do I fix this? Thanks....
  3. how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change the security to allow son to hear other gamers: How do I change the security settings for my son to be able to hear other gamer on the xbox one. I have an account as a parent and he has an account as a child 06342e16-51fe-4dcc-a887-0ef8ac95e88e
  4. Son's Gamertag Changed and He Lost Access to his Minecraft Realm (Nintendo Switch)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son's Gamertag Changed and He Lost Access to his Minecraft Realm (Nintendo Switch): We've been having a slew of problems and a variation of this problem has occurred twice. Assistance on this website seems to be impossible to get so I'm posting this in the XBOX forum as it seems...
  5. My son changed my gamer tag can i recover my old one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son changed my gamer tag can i recover my old one?: Hi, My son changed my gamer tag without me knowing. i tried to change it back and it wants me to pay $10 to change it back. is there a way i can just recover the previous name at all?...
  6. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?: My 14 year old son xbox account got hacked and the hacker changed the email address and I am having trouble getting it back . Changing the password isnt helping. I contacted my bank and got a new...
  7. Change my son's setting for Xbox - how to log out and log in in Android

in XBoX on Mobile
    Change my son's setting for Xbox - how to log out and log in in Android: Hi, I'm trying to change my son's Xbox settings so he can play Minecraft on my Android phone on server with a friend. When I went to to the xbox page to change the settings, it says: "Parents if...
  8. I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions): I added my son to my family, he can't watch netflix, Hulu. it says go to account.live.com to fix problem. However, I don't know what the problem is? I've tried everything same ****. I can't reach...
  9. How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change emails associated with gamer tags and separate my account from my son’s: I created an Xbox account like 15 years ago with my hotmail email address. Then everything microsoft shares the same login. My son started playing on this gamertag several years ago and I need him...
  10. Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...: How do I switch the linkage from my Microsoft account to my sons? My Microsoft account has to remain with me. Thanks in advance. a1ed80c3-347c-4609-814c-deda94f336a2