My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...

Discus and support My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This game is rate E but for some reason to play mycareer mode in the game he gets some "age restricted" error. (That's a terrible idea in itself for a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rem-aj1, Apr 4, 2020.

1. rem-aj1
    rem-aj1 Guest

My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game...

This game is rate E but for some reason to play mycareer mode in the game he gets some "age restricted" error. (That's a terrible idea in itself for a rated E game, but that's a question for the folks who made the game who have been unresponsive thus far"

Anyway so now onto the potential workaround to fix this issue.

I would like to modify the age so that he can play the game but when I try to modify his age via the family account. There's a message that says "You will no longer manage your child's account"

What exactly does this mean? I still need to be able to manage the account because I set parental controls on it regarding the time limits he is allowed to play for.

How can I achieve what I'm trying to do here and still be able to use parental control time limits via the family profile?

Thanks!

:)

rem-aj1, Apr 4, 2020
  2. princetondrive Win User

My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game mode called mycareer

I have this same issue as well and I am well over 18 years of age. I played 2 days ago and now I cant play because of the message
  3. Mister Rush Win User

Can't download expicit content.

Hi there penguinspwn13,

The privacy settings on your account will not affect the age restrictions for specific content. When setting up an account, you are asked for a birthdate and if you put in an accurate birtthday and you are not a legal adult, some content might be restricted.
    In some cases for EA specifically, an age of 13 or higher will be required to play some games. If this applies to you then that would be the issue as child accounts are restricted no matter what the privacy settings are set to. Hope this helps. Thanks!
  4. gmOlds Win User

NBA 2K20 - RESTRICTED ACCESS TO MYPLAYER

I'm just piling on... the entire reason for buying this xbox w/ nba2k20 was for my 15 year old son who plays and love BBall. No notices that he wouldn't be able to play.

I setup the xbox on my account (adult) and then added him to my family. He's truthful on his account for age but even I can't play myCareer. I set his restrictions (on the XBOX) to unrestricted just to test it and he can't play a career.

I'm hoping this gets fixed real quick-like....

-gmO

I'm wondering if I had installed the game code on my account rather than his if it would have made a difference but I'm doubting it since I can't even play myCareer on mine.
  5. SdSurfer Win User

Minecraft PE Xbox Live 'Joinable Friends'

Same problem here. I have removed all restrictions for my son's account, and I am still getting the same error message.
  6. liveloveleenoy Win User

Nba2k20 still crashing?

Same issue.

Xbox one X crashes only on NBA2K20 (Game pass). Can play other games hours and hours but NBA2K20 crashes randomly, or if I try to play NBA2K20 street mode it immediately crashes (every time).

Once restarted an error code stating overheating is presented on the screen, however, the Xbox is not hot. This also happens after an overnight with the Xbox unplugged, and in the morning trying to get into the street mode: it crashes immediately with the
    same error code (no way the Xbox could get heated that fast to crash the machine 2-3 minutes after the first, morning restart).
Thema:

1. My son get a restricted error when playing NBA2k20 on his account in some specific game... - Similar Threads - son restricted error

2. loging on to a game i purchased for my son.

in XBoX Accessibility
    loging on to a game i purchased for my son.: I purchased the new minecraft game for my 12 yr old son and it worked great for one day. The next day while at work he called me stating he was "restricted from online play." I have tried to log...
  3. Ryse son of Rome game pass installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ryse son of Rome game pass installation stopped: I need some help i got ryse sone of rome yesterday and it only gets up to 18% or 6.72 GB then the installation stops can anyone help 3d90f8da-5469-42b1-8b67-5b27438c8dfb
  4. My son has EA Games subscription but it just keeps saying 'your account is invalid'

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son has EA Games subscription but it just keeps saying 'your account is invalid': Any help would be appreciated as he can't get into any of the games I pay the subscription for. Thank you. 62417e03-4451-49bc-96b4-5a0272261374
  5. Ban on my son’s account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban on my son’s account: My son’sxbox live account was banned because a kid he met online lied? What do we do? 8cd1a442-ac73-4cec-a308-2ffbac99255c
  6. Transfer my gamertag to my son

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my gamertag to my son: Hello, My son used to play on our xBox with my account and the gamertag associated with it, but I would like to add a parental control and let him play with his account under some time...
  7. I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions)

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made an account for my son (family) can't watch netflix (changed restrictions): I added my son to my family, he can't watch netflix, Hulu. it says go to account.live.com to fix problem. However, I don't know what the problem is? I've tried everything same ****. I can't reach...
  8. Content restrictions are Off, but son is still blocked from playing adult games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Content restrictions are Off, but son is still blocked from playing adult games: Before yesterday my son was doing fine playing Call of Duty and whatnot. I give him full permissions to play what he wants and to play online. He is playing on an XBox One X. [img] [img] It...
  9. COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD WWII still appearing in my sons games even though I set age restriction to 9 years old: Hi. Sorry if this has been asked to death but I couldnt find an easy answer. I have set my son up as a family member and set age appropriate content to 9 on our Xbox one X. I thought that would...
  10. My son is able to skip time restrictions on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is able to skip time restrictions on Xbox: Hello. I restricted screen time on Xbox for my son, but he was able to use Xbox beyond time limits by creating a new account and using it. Do you know if it is possible to make time restriction...