My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this?

Discus and support My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has switched his xbox one on tonight but it seems to be frozen on the green xbox one screen, we’ve tried pressing the white xbox button for 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DynamiteCoin707, Sep 11, 2019.

1. My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this?

My son has switched his xbox one on tonight but it seems to be frozen on the green xbox one screen, we’ve tried pressing the white xbox button for 10 seconds and various other things but it wont go past this screen. Any help would be grateful.

:)

DynamiteCoin707, Sep 11, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this?

Physically power cycle the console

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xboxbutton on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

[​IMG]

1. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xboxbutton on your controller.

Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
    Important If your console is in Instant-On power mode, the above steps will shut the console completely off. Instant-On mode, or the ability to turn on your console by saying "Xbox on," won't be enabled until you restart the console.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello DynamiteCoin707,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your son's Xbox One is stuck on the green screen when you start it up. This issue is typically caused by a failed system update. We have a support article that provides solutions for a console
    that is having a
    system update error
    . We recommend trying out some of the solutions in this article, and be sure to let us know the results!
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hi, try leaving the Xbox at that screen for at least 20 minutes or so, the screen may then go black, again let it sit at that screen.

If after another 15-20 minutes the Xbox hasn't powered up fully then as before press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, when the Xbox powers off pull the power cord out of the Xbox and leave the power cable out for a couple of minutes, reconnect the
    power cord and power the Xbox on again using the power button on the Xbox.

If none of that helps you would need to try a factory reset by following the below.

With the Xbox powered off press and hold the sync button and disc eject button on the Xbox, keeping both those buttons held press the power button once only, continue to hold sync and eject.

You should get a trouble shooting screen come up, you can then let go of the buttons. On that screen select the option to reset the Xbox and also the option to reset and keep my games and apps.

Be aware you will need the account login details for any accounts that are on the Xbox as those will be wiped during the reset, your games will be fine as long as you choose to keep games & apps.

Good Luck

Eggs
  5. redranger022006 Win User

Having an issue with the update & green screen?

My son xbox one s is stuck on a green screen lock. Call Microsoft help desk to everything is still on that screen. What can I do?
  6. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

My Xbox one has frozen on the start up green screen.

Hiya Dan,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. (Since you have marked a response as answered) We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please
    feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Happy Gaming
Thema:

1. My sons Xbox one has frozen on the green Xbox one screen , any ideas on how to solve this? - Similar Threads - sons has frozen

2. my son has spent all my money out of my bank

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    my son has spent all my money out of my bank: I am a single mum of two children, working full time to suport us all, this has been really difficult during lock down as i had no chld care but had to carry on working. I have been so busy i...
  3. Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please can someone help my sons fortnite has been wiped: Hi I really need some help. We got fortnite for my son and spent hundreds on it. He then wanted a second account on fortnite for his friends to play on. Some how this account got linked to his...
  4. My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons xbox account got hacked and email has been changed. How does he get his account back?: My 14 year old son xbox account got hacked and the hacker changed the email address and I am having trouble getting it back . Changing the password isnt helping. I contacted my bank and got a new...
  5. Free Xbox games with gold game - Assassin's Creed Syndicate has vanished from my son's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free Xbox games with gold game - Assassin's Creed Syndicate has vanished from my son's account: My son has a active Xbox Games with Gold pass but is unable to find the Assassin's Creed Syndicate game he was able to purchase for free over a year ago. Where could it have gone? And is it still...
  6. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  7. My son has XBox One; Can I use my PC to play XBox games with him remotely using an internet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has XBox One; Can I use my PC to play XBox games with him remotely using an internet...: My son has an XBox, and we enjoy playing together. But when he is living at his Mom's, we both then have internet connections and I wonder if it is possible for him to use his XBox and Game Pass...
  8. Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game: Hi, My son wants to purchase Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition from our only console. When he visits the store he sees two prices displayed: AU$33.98 with Xbox Live Gold, or AU$42.47 If I...
  9. Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.: MY 10 year old son has locked himself out of his account on Xbox. He cannot remember the password. I went online and filled the form in 4 times and nothing. Just get an automated message. Last...
  10. my son has downloaded fifa20 but when he try's to open proclub all he gets is a grey...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my son has downloaded fifa20 but when he try's to open proclub all he gets is a grey...: my son is unable to open pro clubs on the new fifa20 why would this be cdabb9a6-5f3c-499b-9ee8-42459ada090e