My Soundbar for Xbox One TV

Discus and support My Soundbar for Xbox One TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently saving up to buy an xbox one but before I take the plunge there is just one (no pun intended) thing I want to make sure of. I have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ladiesmanboy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ladiesmanboy
    ladiesmanboy Guest

I am currently saving up to buy an xbox one but before I take the plunge there is just one (no pun intended) thing I want to make sure of. I have a sound bar connected to my tv. Its by an optical audio cable. There is no av reciever or anything of that sort
    and once again its just a soundbar connected to my tv via an optical audio cable. All of my hardware is connected via HDMI with the exception of my directv which I had to connect via componet. My plan for my future setup for when I get my xbox one is to have
    my directv connected in the passthrough and to have my xbox one connected via HDMI (Yes I know thats obvious Im just trying to cover all of the bases) and with all that background info I now present my question: If I were to say the xbox volume function to
    go up or down would the volume be changed on my tv or my soundbar? and if it is my tv is there any way I can set it up to where it changes on my soundbar?

Thank You

:)

ladiesmanboy, Jan 27, 2014
  2. OhMrHanky
    OhMrHanky Guest
    360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works fine.

trying to connect 360 to tv via hdmi, and tv to soundbar via optical cable produces no sound from soundbar.

Here is my current set:

1. cable box hdmi out to xbox one hdmi in

xbox hdmi out to tv in - input 1

2. Xbox 360 hdmi out to tv hdmi in - input 2

3. TV optical out to soundbar optical in

xbox one plays fine, and I seem to get surround sound from video games and cable.

I am currently getting no sound from 360 to soundbar. 360 will only play sound through tv even though optical cable is connected from tv to soundbar. I have a feeling it has to do with xbox one being connected to another input. Even though I am, of course,
    using input 2 for 360 when playing 360 games, I wonder if Xbox one is interfering with the signal? And, telling the soundbar through the tv, 'I am THE ONE, and u will only hear my voice.'

Anyways, curious if anyone has suggestions on what may be wrong. Here, I'm basically trying to use my soundbar for all things tv related. And, I would've thought connecting the One and 360 via hdmi on separate inputs would allow each hdmi signal to go through
    and the tv would send whichever signal (input being either One OR 360) was currently running through optical cable to soundbar.

As an fyi, I was originally connecting One hdmi to soundbar to tv. And, 360 was using optical directly to soundbar. Overall, I thought sending optical from tv to soundbar would be the most efficient connection path until I ran into this problem.

any ideas/questions?

OhMrHanky, Jan 27, 2014
  3. PABLO MEAW
    PABLO MEAW Guest
    Connection issues

I have an LG65SK8000PLB tv and an LG Sk8 soundbar, both of which are HDMI ARC comparable, I want to connect my Xbox One X. My tv and soundbar connect ok over ARC, can I connect my Xbox through the other HDMI port on my soundbar?........my satellite box is
    connected to my other HDMI port on my tv so that's not an option

PABLO MEAW, Jan 27, 2014
  4. My Soundbar for Xbox One TV

Yes, it should work. S/PDIF is preferred cabling, well done!

Iautorenewedu, Jan 27, 2014
  5. FarazGafoor Win User

Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).
  6. sidarora1 Win User

Dolby Atmos Samsung N950

I've tried multiple hookups. So xbox to my TV and and soundbar to TV via arc is what I have.I also tried xbox to the soundbar direct but it doesn't seem to work at all when I do that. I've played around with the sync settings on both my TV and soundbar.
    If it's an arc issue is that because of the TV itself or the technology?
  7. RoninRR3 Win User

Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

TV:

Vizio P50-C1

Sound:

Vizio SB3851-D0 Smartcast38" Soundbar System (2016) model

Connections used:

Optical from Xbox to Sound Bar + Xbox to TV HDMI

Optical from Tv to Soundbar + Xbox to Tv HDMI

XBOX to Soundbar via HDMI, Soundbar to TV HDMI

XBOX To TV HDMI, TV to Soundbar HDMI (ARC)

I'm unable to send screenshots at this time, but with every combination I received The exact same error depicted by SpoopyJilan. Thank you for doing this, Much appreciated!
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby atmos

The hdmi in port on the Xbox One is for plugging in TV boxes, not for plugging in soundbars, as the signal goes in, not out. Your best bet is to use a optical spdif cable from the Xbox to your soundbar, if your soundbar supports optical spdif.
  9. Arminator Win User

What kind of sound card does xbox one X have?

The Xbox One X doesn't have a soundcard, in a way a PC would have a Creative Labs SoundBlaster card for example.

The Xbox One does all sound processing on the main CPU so to speak.

However, the clearer sound when you connect the Xbox to your soundbar directly can have other reasons than the "soundcard".

I assume you had your soundbar, TV and console set up like this:

Xbox One Console-->HDMI Cable-->TV-->Optical Cable-->Soundbar.

While the console transmits multi-channel surround to the TV, the TV might only transmit Stereo to the soundbar.

A lot of TVs only forward Stereo Sound through an optical cable, if the video feed comes from an external source. Only "internal" video streams that come from the TV's own tuner or media being played through the TV's USB Media Player will be transmitted
    in multichannel audio to the sound bar.

By connecting the Xbox directly to the soundbar, the soundbar will get the original multi-channel sound from the console, instead of the stereo downmix from the TV.

So I assume your setup now looks like this:

Soundbar<-- Optical Cable<-- Xbox One -->HDMI cable--> TV

Right?
Thema:

1. My Soundbar for Xbox One TV - Similar Threads - Soundbar

2. Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and Lg Sk8y soundbar Dolby atmos: so I have an Xbox one X and an Lg sk8y soundbar that supports atmos. I have it ran to my TCl R615 through the hdmi arc and the xbox one x plugged into the tv. I cant pickup atmos for some reason,...
  3. Xbox One X and Sony HT-S350 Soundbar issue help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and Sony HT-S350 Soundbar issue help!: I have connected my new soundbar to my 4k tv via the hdmi ARC connection on the back of the tv. Now when I go and view my video settings on the Xbox one x, HDR and dolby vision is now for some...
  4. Audio Switching HDMI/Soundbar to XBox One X Controller Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Switching HDMI/Soundbar to XBox One X Controller Audio: Hi All, I have the XBox One X with the updated controller that has native 2.5 mm audio (look up the newer Xbox one controller and you will see that it has an audio jack built in). My setup is...
  5. Xbox One X won’t turn on my Vizio soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won’t turn on my Vizio soundbar: I have an Xbox One X connected to a TLC tv via HDMI ARC and then the audio output from that tv via optical to a Vizio Soundbar (SB3651-E6). The Xbox will raise/lower/mute volume and turn the...
  6. Dolby atmos not working right with games with SJ9 lg soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby atmos not working right with games with SJ9 lg soundbar: Ever since that last update Dolby atmos hasn't been working right. Before i used to play any game with the Dolby Atmos feature enabled but ever since the update it only works on certain games. I...
  7. Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound delay when using soundbar while Playing BfV: Hi, I am having this sound lag while playing Battlefield V. I am having this issue when i use soundbar to get the Audio. I have following configuration: Xbox one x connected through HDMI to TV...
  8. Error 0x91d7000a to read 4K Blu Ray after connect Soundbar YAS 107

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x91d7000a to read 4K Blu Ray after connect Soundbar YAS 107: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm from France and i try to do my best for resolve my problem. I have a Xbox One X and an OLED 4K TV (LG 55B8). I can run 4K blu Ray on my One X no problem. But...
  9. Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound: Bose (Audio/Video Receivers) Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound Depending on your TV, the Audio Return Channel might not support surround sound from other inputs, like the...
  10. Xbox One X not recognizing Klipsch RSB-11 soundbar as a Dolby enabled receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not recognizing Klipsch RSB-11 soundbar as a Dolby enabled receiver: I'm having an issue with setting up my Xbox One X to transmit a surround signal to my Klipsch RSB-11 soundbar. When I go into the audio settings on my Xbox and choose bitstream out, I get the...