My understanding is that Console streaming is local, since it depends on the console...

Discus and support My understanding is that Console streaming is local, since it depends on the console... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The XCloud project is basically Xbox One X consoles lined up in a rack in those XLive/Azure regions of UK/US/SEA, etc... to provide low latency... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Nirmal4G, Jan 12, 2020.

1. /u/Nirmal4G
    /u/Nirmal4G Guest

My understanding is that Console streaming is local, since it depends on the console...

The XCloud project is basically Xbox One X consoles lined up in a rack in those XLive/Azure regions of UK/US/SEA, etc... to provide low latency streaming to your less powerful device.

So, I get that why it has to be region locked.

On the other hand, Console streaming is local as it's like an XCloud with your own console. So, as long as I'm near to my console, I'll have low latency to it. Even if my console requires XLive services at low latency, the nearest Azure region for me is India and Singapore (aka SEA – South East Asia). The service pings at 20-30ms with Indian servers and 40-60ms with Singapore servers, as I have a fibre optic line (20 MB/s) that works with both PSLive and Xbox Live services.

With that,

1. WHAT IS THE REASION FOR REGION LOCKING THE CONSOLE STREAMING?

2. WHY IS THAT THE STREAMING NETWORK TEST ALWAYS CONNECT TO US/UK XLIVE REGION REGARDLESS OF THE LOCATION SETTING?

AND PLEASE fix those above limitations. We have a large community of Xbox players in Asia. I, myself, am in Alpha/Alpha Skip-Ahead ring. It doesn't matter if I'm an Xbox Insider if I can't test those features that can be enabled locally.

submitted by /u/Nirmal4G
    [link] [comments]

/u/Nirmal4G, Jan 12, 2020
  2. The Wee Bear Win User

TITANFALL GREAT NEW PLEASE CLICK ME :)

You connect to the appropriate servers depending what locale your console is set to.
  3. Dadwhite Win User

Music while streaming

not directly off the console. You have to use a streaming device for this from my understanding
  4. Burst Axe Win User

Split Screen/Local Multiplayer

It really depends on what games you play. I wouldn't expect online centric MP games to have local co-op. Especially since households now have more than one console in them these days.
  5. RangedMoss4 Win User

Playing DLC on another profile

I think i understand. They are tied to the gamertag and console but only require one of these to play? Is the console licence standalone and the profile licence Live dependant? I hope i understand this correctly and that these games have no association
    with my previous profile and console. Thanks.
  6. Bladelordomega Win User

cod bo 2

It depends on if it is local or online. If it's local(i.e. on the console only) you should be able to, but if it connects you to online(i.e. through the internet) then no, a gold membership will be needed.
Thema:

1. My understanding is that Console streaming is local, since it depends on the console... - Similar Threads - understanding Console streaming

2. I tried, but don't understand the streaming app.

in XboX Insiders
    I tried, but don't understand the streaming app.: What's the point of it ? It just mirrors the screen to my phone, that's all (I guess some kind of RDP feature) I can't stream a game while someone else is watching Netflix. Am I missing something...
  3. Why does no one seem to understand that the Xbox One S and Xbox one X both output 120hz?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does no one seem to understand that the Xbox One S and Xbox one X both output 120hz?: I'm trying to trouble shoot a 1440p 144hz monitor not being able to get 1440 120hz on my Xbox One X and no one seems to understand that the Xbox is even capable of outputting 120hz. Everyone just...
  4. Huhhhh i need help understand about this ultimate xbox game pass redeem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huhhhh i need help understand about this ultimate xbox game pass redeem.: I just buy and redeem 3 month ultimate xbox game pass few minutes ago and it saying about "You redeem a code to have 3 month ultimate xbox game pass but its now 2 month ultimate xbox game pass"...
  5. What's the use of it? I do not understand it yet. Is there an article I missed?

in XboX Insiders
    What's the use of it? I do not understand it yet. Is there an article I missed?: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  6. Two enforcement bans for (communication) in less than 48hours. And I don't understand why...

in XBoX on Windows
    Two enforcement bans for (communication) in less than 48hours. And I don't understand why...: Guys, I need to understand why am I getting banned on the Xbox Platform for (due to problems with communication). I can't send messages and talk to my friends. Never done anything wrong and I'm...
  7. Why is console streaming geo restricted? I understand about xCloud, but if console...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is console streaming geo restricted? I understand about xCloud, but if console...: Sorry if I'm confused, I thought it was like Ps4's remote play. Can anyone elaborate? submitted by /u/Tyrantes [link] [comments]
  8. I don´t understand whats going on with my ultimate game pass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don´t understand whats going on with my ultimate game pass subscription: Hi everyone, First of all I´m from Spain so sorry if something here is bad wtritten. Today I bought the Ultimate game pass for 1€ 1 month. My issue is what happens with my suscription. Before...
  9. I’m not understanding the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate deal.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I’m not understanding the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate deal.: I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I see a deal for Halo Reach Skins. it would be awesome if I had them, but I’m not receiving any redeem code or anything. should I be getting a redeem code for...
  10. Trying to understand how game licenses work on multiple consoles with multiple accounts. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to understand how game licenses work on multiple consoles with multiple accounts. Help?: Hi. I’m trying to wrap my mind around digital game licenses and how they will affect me, my family and the consoles we own. I hope I can find help here. :) Our current set up is: -almost all...