My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...

Discus and support My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; They make a continuous beeping sound in my ears when plugged directly into the 3.5mm slot on a controller. If I use the 3.5mm adaptor, they no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VolksDK, Apr 16, 2019.

1. VolksDK
    VolksDK Guest

My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an...

They make a continuous beeping sound in my ears when plugged directly into the 3.5mm slot on a controller. If I use the 3.5mm adaptor, they no longer make the noise, BUT they make a screeching and tapping noise for other people when in a party or game chat.
    The only way I can stop it is by muting them via the adaptor.

It's not the Beats, as they work on other systems, like my phone. It's not the controllers themselves, because I've tried on two different controllers.

:)

VolksDK, Apr 16, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an adaptor, they make a screeching noise for other people through the mic

Hey there
    VolksDK

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I could totally see how not being able to use your preferred headset to communicate with other players could be frustrating.

Seeing as this is happening just on one headset, I would try the general troubleshooting steps outlined in our Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting
    support article and see if they have any effect on the issue at hand.

If those steps or any of those previously posted don't resolve the issue, then I would suggest getting in contact with the manufacturer for that headset,

Beats by Dre Support

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reading!
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an adaptor, they make a screeching noise for other people through the mic

Hey Volks DK,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you have been experiencing some screeching with your Beats headphones while your other headsets seem to be working just fine. In order to rule out firmware problems, go ahead and try

Updating Your Controller

1. Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.
    2. If you have a stereo headset adapter, plug it into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.
    3. If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
    4. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    5. Select System > Kinect & devices >
      Devices & accessories
      , and then select the controller you want to update.
    6. Select Device info, select the Firmware version box, and then select
      Continue.
    7. When the update is complete, you can update additional controllers. If they can only be updated via USB, see

Update via USB
      . Otherwise, select the Update another button on the screen after the first update is complete, and then follow the steps.

Hope this helps! :D
  4. VolksDK Win User

Both my controllers are already up to date
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Here is the troubleshooting
    page
    for issues with the Xbox One stereo adaptor. Sounds like yours might be going bad.

Hope this helps!
  6. VolksDK Win User

My other headsets and earphones work fine with my adaptor, though.
Thema:

1. My urBeats3 make a screeching noise when plugged directly into a controller and through an... - Similar Threads - urBeats3 screeching noise

2. Screeching and other audio issues in games.

in XboX Insiders
    Screeching and other audio issues in games.: So far from what I can tell games like Destiny 2 and Gears 4 are still experiencing major audio issues that make the games almost completely unplayable. Is this issue being looked at or are the...
  3. Audio screeching during Destiny 2.

in XboX Insiders
    Audio screeching during Destiny 2.: Decided to come back to D2 for the final annual pass content and have noticed random screeches and audio pops while playing. Using a headset connected to my controller and Dolby Atmos. submitted...
  4. Xbox making loud screeching noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox making loud screeching noise.: Alright ive been having this issue for a few weeks now. My xbox will randomly make a high pitched screech during normal use while playing gamea and watching videoes. Does it nore quietly at idle....
  5. Xbox One Stereo Headset Making loud Screeching noise in chats

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Making loud Screeching noise in chats: Hi I have an xbox one and i use a stereo headset adapter, I used it to chat with friends and listen to game audio at the same time and mine has worked for prob around an entire year, then recently...
  6. Xbox app party chat screeching noise?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app party chat screeching noise?: Whenever i join a party, my account makes a screeching noise that everyone else can hear. It does this even with my microphone muted. The only thing that stops it is unplugging my microphone. I...
  7. Console Fan screeching sound Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Fan screeching sound Xbox One S: Hi there, I've been having some issues with my One S with it's fan. I looked it up but it is not the typical fan sound problem, is more like a screeching sound, like if the fan needed a bit of oil...
  8. Horrible screeching sound when updating games/apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible screeching sound when updating games/apps: My XBone makes this horrible screeching sound when updating any games or apps, on or off, it makes the sound. I have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes it only lasts a few seconds but sometimes...
  9. Distortioned Screech in my Man O War 7.1 headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Distortioned Screech in my Man O War 7.1 headset: So I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post in if so I hope a mod will help me and move it to the correct one. As the title says there is a horrible screeching noise that sounds distorted...
  10. Screeching noise coming from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screeching noise coming from console: I recently bought an xbox one from a friend and there is a horrible screeching noise coming from it while I am not in a game. I happens when I am watching Netflix, youtube, or just sitting in the...