My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices

Discus and support My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have this bad AT&T router that doesn't cover my huge house so I decided to get a NETGEAR EX5000. I plugged it in upstairs which is where I have my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Suredo2, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Suredo2
    Suredo2 Guest

My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices

I have this bad AT&T router that doesn't cover my huge house so I decided to get a NETGEAR EX5000. I plugged it in upstairs which is where I have my set up and I began to set it up. I got it to finally work with 2G and 5G on my other devices and when I try it on my Xbox it says “DNS cant be found” or “IP cant be found” I tried putting it downstairs close to the router and it still says the same thing. I am not a good person with tech and if you could please explain it in like a way for a dumb person it would help since i’m not good with this stuff so

:)

Suredo2, Jul 30, 2022
  2. NerdHolly Win User

3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Suredo2. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, please try to disable band steering on your router and change your wireless connection bandwidth to something close to 40Mhz - 40-50Mhz is ideal. While there is no official statement about this, I've seen a couple of users that got their Xbox connection issue solved only by performing these steps.

If the issue persists, also try to disable the 2.4Ghz network on your router settings and let only the 5Ghz network active.

If the issue persists, please go to Settings > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Select manual. It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

Please let me know how it goes and feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. Suredo2 Win User

Thank you but how would I disable and change that? Currently I do not know the information for the AT&T account but I can try and get it but would that be how I would do it, on the website?
  5. Suredo2 Win User

Nevermind 😮‍💨I managed to fix it by going into admin controls, thanks for helping.
  6. KevinZ2342 Win User

Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

But the internet works fine with other devices. All the devices that are able to connect to wifi are connectes to the wifi except the console. I even tried to use my phone hotspot to my xbox but it still didnt work
Thema:

1. My WiFi extender wont connect to my Xbox even though it works fine on my other devices - Similar Threads - WiFi extender wont

2. Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not connecting to WiFi range extender: [img] My Xbox 360 E won’t connect to my WiFi extender. It works fine when it’s connected to my main router but won’t work with the extender. All my other consoles and phone works on the extender...
  3. How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Connect With www.mywifiext.net for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via Mywifiext.net...: I have recently purchased a Xbox console for playing video games online because here in my city lockdown is going on and I wanted to play video games online and connect with my friends but I am...
  4. Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mywifiext.net Netgear Wifi Range Extender Setup: If you are attempting to link to the mywifiext.net setup or the latest extender configuration tab, you will be landing at the right spot. To complete your Netgear extender setup follow the steps...
  5. Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem: Xbox One Wifi Extender Problem I have a wifi extender and I have connected it to the Xbox One so that I can use a wired connection as opposed to wifi connection. However, I launched a game that...
  6. Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Range Extender and Xbox One Not Working - Connection Problems/Issues: Can anyone help me out here? I have an Xbox One X and for some reason when I connect to the Wifi Extender's network, it connects, but it shows slow speeds and then eventually disconnects. I have...
  7. What are best wifi range extender for gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What are best wifi range extender for gaming?: I'M TRYING TO LOOK FOR A WIFI RANGE EXTENDER FOR MY XBOX. 80113abf-6536-4902-ae56-0302cd98ce16
  8. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on So. I have an x box one x and after 6 months of working fine, it now asks for the WiFi password everytime I turn...
  9. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible ...

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible ...: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible with xbox one usb? Never of thought something as massive as xbox forums would catch deadforum syndrome,...
  10. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: no wifi connection That is happening to me as well. Did you find out how to fix it? e5c45893-f855-42b3-91ac-d5781ec61e94