My windows 10 minecraft account isnt connected to my mojang account and doesnt show...

Discus and support My windows 10 minecraft account isnt connected to my mojang account and doesnt show... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello! my minecraft account wont let me log in to it. I play on Pc, windows 10 and had bought my minecraft via gift code around 2016 I think. Now... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EvaSkidmore-Weir, Nov 22, 2020.

1. My windows 10 minecraft account isnt connected to my mojang account and doesnt show...

Hello! my minecraft account wont let me log in to it. I play on Pc, windows 10 and had bought my minecraft via gift code around 2016 I think. Now though when I try to log into it, it wont allow me and says to play the demo and buy minecraft. I have checked
    my mojang account and in the purchases it doesn't show up as minecraft being there. i did some research and believe this is because when i redeemed my gift code in the process i created my minecraft account then and not before i redeemed my code. I remember
    my username and password but my minecraft is just not connected to my mojang account. I have tried all the emails I could but nothing works. I am not sure what to do now and have contacted mojang and but they had said they couldn't help me with my issue and
    to contact xbox support which is what i'm trying to do now. The virtual person that chats with you in the help support center does not help and and I do not know which category my issue falls under. It would of been fine if there was some sort of email I could
    have sent a problem or request email too but there isn't and contacting a real person via call is off the table as I don't have a phone. As I had previously said I am not sure what to do now and am at a loss. If anyone could help me that would be great, Thank
    you. I have run out of options and would just like my minecraft account back so I can play it.

:)

EvaSkidmore-Weir, Nov 22, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft

When you redeemed your Java Minecraft on Mojang, you have gotten a 5x5 code to redeem Minecraft on the Windows 10 store.

This redemption is a separate service of your Mojang account, and it's possible to use a Microsoft Account email that is different from your Mojang account email.

Mojang (which gives you Java Minecraft) is separate from the Microsoft Windows Store App, which uses a Microsoft Account email when you redeemed that 5x5 code.

After redemption of that code, the Windows 10 Minecraft is tied to the Microsoft Account email you used on your Windows 10 PC. From then on, you don't really need the Mojang account anymore, if you only want to play on Windows 10. You will then get the game
    from the Windows 10 store only, with the E-Mail account you used on the Windows 10 store during code redemption.

So make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft Account email (which might not necessarily be the Mojang account email) when you use the Windows 10 Store app to re-download your Windows 10 Minecraft again.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Minecraft Windows10

Please check under https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if your purchase for Minecraft Windows 10 shows up.

Be aware that Minecraft for Windows 10 is different from Minecraft on Xbox and also different from Java Minecraft on PC. If you bought Java Minecraft BEFORE Oct. 2018, you need to sign into your Mojang account on the Minecraft.net website, and can redeem
    a code for Windows 10 Minecraft.

After you got Minecraft for Windows 10, make sure you sign in with the same account that you bought it. Open the Windows 10 store, check that's the right account in the upper right.

Then open the menu and check your library. If you bought Minecraft 10 with that account, you will find it there.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Once you've migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

minecraft windows 10 code

This is taken from the mojang page here
    https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2064007-minecraft-for-windows-10

Is Minecraft for Windows 10 included with the purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition?

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into
    account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October
    19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.

If you have an older Minecraft account (you still log in with your username), visit
    this article to find out about account migration. Once you’ve migrated your account, you will
    be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10.
    You must be signed into a Microsoft/Xbox Live account in order to redeem the code. Please note that you cannot move the license once the code has been redeemed. Your code is saved on your Mojang account page for future reference.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free code given out by Mojang not working

Hi Fraying,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

This is quoted directly from Mojang's "Minecraft for Windows 10" support article about the process to redeem this code, "Players
    who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into
    account.mojang.com, and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October
    19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page."

So it's not generating a token but still opening a Microsoft redemption page? Is that correct?

Have you migrated your Minecraft account to a Mojang account? And are you logged into the right Microsoft Account when the redemption page opens? Also quoted from the same article, "If you have an older Minecraft account (you still log
    in with your username), visit this article to find out about account migration. Once you’ve
    migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10.

You must be signed into a Microsoft/Xbox Live account in order to redeem the code. Please note that you cannot move the license once the code has been redeemed. Your code is saved on your Mojang account page for future reference."

Let us know the process you are going through to claim a token and if you meet all of these requirements to obtain a token for Minecraft Windows 10 edition from Mojang.
Thema:

My windows 10 minecraft account isnt connected to my mojang account and doesnt show...

1. My windows 10 minecraft account isnt connected to my mojang account and doesnt show... - Similar Threads - windows minecraft account

2. Minecraft Java purchased on Windows PC linked to xbox account unable to logon via other PC's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java purchased on Windows PC linked to xbox account unable to logon via other PC's: Hi I purchased Minecraft on my main PC, its linked to my xbox account when I click mange profile, which is linked to my main email address, however if I login to another PC with my email address...
  3. Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 beta in 2016 for $5.00. Lost account info. (Read Further)

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 beta in 2016 for $5.00. Lost account info. (Read Further): So back in 2016 I bought Minecraft (see title) and I lost my account (also see title) due to a PC switch and the email and password was gone. I have the card, year, and possibly month it was...
  4. Minecraft for Windows 10 Edition (Bedrock Edition) gone from my microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Edition (Bedrock Edition) gone from my microsoft account?: Hello, I bought the Java edition of Minecraft around 4-5 years ago and I wanted to get back into the bedrock edition because I remembered I did redeem the code using this Microsoft account. But I...
  5. For minecraft for windows 10, do you have to migrate to a microsoft account? or it just...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For minecraft for windows 10, do you have to migrate to a microsoft account? or it just...: Cas I have a java edition account and a windows 10 one. 340cf78e-7db1-4703-86e1-0be3f1822cf6
  6. Accidentally redeemed Minecraft Windows 10 on a different Microsoft Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally redeemed Minecraft Windows 10 on a different Microsoft Account: I bought Minecraft Java about 4 months ago and it came with free Minecraft Windows 10, but because I didnt realize my old Microsoft account was logged in and not my current one, I ended up...
  7. How do I use my minecraft.net account on Minecraft Windows 10 edition?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I use my minecraft.net account on Minecraft Windows 10 edition?: Hello all, Can someone please help me figure this out? I am an original web browser Minecraft player, I have an old account. After Microsoft took over and released the new PC version, they gave...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Keeps Crashing When Signing Into Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Keeps Crashing When Signing Into Microsoft Account: Whenever I try to sign in to my Microsoft account the game crashes, I am unsure what is causing it I bought the game yesterday so it should be up to date. 566b50c5-6862-4e83-92b4-26521b72de14
  9. Windows 10 Minecraft will close itself when I sign in to my xbox live account

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Minecraft will close itself when I sign in to my xbox live account: When I load up the Minecraft app my PC and go to log into my Xbox Live account, it asks if I want to switch the account I'm signed into or to play. I click to play almost straight away the window...
  10. I claimed the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code a while back to a microsoft account that i...

in XBoX on Windows
    I claimed the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code a while back to a microsoft account that i...: i claimed it to an older account that i made years ago, and i can't remember many security details so it fails the account recovery everytime. 278c893e-7379-4119-9a0f-16bcaf5627a1