My wired X-box 360 controller won't turn on

Discus and support My wired X-box 360 controller won't turn on in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an X-box 360 controller, which I bought on Amazon, about 2 years ago. It's worked perfectly fine until now. I tried plugging it in, to play a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Shadeslayer7514, Apr 7, 2020.

1. My wired X-box 360 controller won't turn on

I have an X-box 360 controller, which I bought on Amazon, about 2 years ago. It's worked perfectly fine until now. I tried plugging it in, to play a game using it, and it won't turn on. It has a USB connection to my computer. It has a circle around the
    central button, that lights up light green when on; this won't turn on. I've tried looking through the support posts, but I haven't found a solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Shadeslayer7514, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Kraigisonfire Win User

Could be a driver issue bud, worth checking to see if uts showing up in device manager.
  3. DangerousBard Win User

Wired X-box 360 controller turning on the off.

Hello,

seems like you have a faulty cable that causes the connection problem with your xbox controller. Sometimes the cable bends and loses connectivity depending on the usage. At this point you should register the said controller and ask for another one at the
    xbox online service center:

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx
  4. VOODOO DREAM Win User

Split Screen On System

are you trying to split screen on the x-box 360? if so try just turning on the second controller.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Controller Support?

I have an original 360 controller and it doesn't work
    Is it a wired controller?

For 360 controllers to work on PC without any additional hardware, they must be wired. The 360 play and charge for wireless controllers
    won't turn a wireless controller into a wired one. The reason is simply because the play and charge can not send data, it only provides power.
  6. blacktie777 Win User

De-synch an X-Box 360 controller?

Thank you, Av Michael. I think I somehow turned on my old X-box 360 when I activated my old controller while trying to sync it with the new X-Box.

I have tested your solution and it works.

Many thanks!!! =)

-Matt
Thema:

1. My wired X-box 360 controller won't turn on - Similar Threads - wired box 360

2. : 2 xbox one X and 2 Xbox one S wire connect ,on red dead redemption 2 online , lot of issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : 2 xbox one X and 2 Xbox one S wire connect ,on red dead redemption 2 online , lot of issue: : 2 xbox one X and 2 Xbox one S wire connect ,on red dead redemption 2 online , lot of issue Morning 1st i exchanged a lot with rock star support , and still with Asus support for my router...
  3. Download speeds on wired connection...

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds on wired connection...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Hollowed92 [link] [comments]
  4. Wired Controller doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Controller doesn't work: On my Wired controller (Xbox) it WILL NOT turn on and does not activate or do anything. I have a working cable and I think my controller is the issue, I can take out the cable from my controller....
  5. Wired Controller Won't work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wired Controller Won't work.: On my Wired controller (Xbox) it WILL NOT turn on and does not activate or do anything. I have a working cable and I think my controller is the issue, I can take out the cable from my controller....
  6. Wired Internet Connection Issue(Omega Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Internet Connection Issue(Omega Ring): I had a Wired Internet connection set up on my xbox, but recently it turned off on me when a massive thunderstorm happened at my place. The xbox is fine but my Wired connection is not working. It...
  7. Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection: Hi all, Im really hoping for some help. A couple of weeks ago my xbox one suddenly stopped connecting to wifi. I just turned it on and it said no connection. I went to network connection and its...
  8. Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work: Maybe I'm misinformed, but I believe it's possible to use old X-Box 360 controllers for PC games now. I'm not sure if this is only limited to just X-Box One games on PC or if it can be used for...
  9. X-Box 360 wired Controller Win 10 - Dies after a while

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box 360 wired Controller Win 10 - Dies after a while: I have a wired X-Box controller which I use on Win 10 with latest drivers. For about 2 months it was fine, but for 2 days now it dies after 5-30 minute use (tried different games). If it isnt used...
  10. Wired X-box 360 controller turning on the off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired X-box 360 controller turning on the off.: about 2 months ago, i got a wired 360 controller for christmas. it was brand new. the other day it was working just fine, then yesterday it started turning on and off randomly. it does this when i...