My wireless controller won't connect after countless efforts

Discus and support My wireless controller won't connect after countless efforts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please read everything before responding. I've tried using the sync button on my xbox but it does nothing. When I connect it via USB, it starts to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MatthewIsabella, May 17, 2021.

1. My wireless controller won't connect after countless efforts

Please read everything before responding. I've tried using the sync button on my xbox but it does nothing. When I connect it via USB, it starts to work, but when I unplug the USB, the controller's Xbox button goes back to flashing and eventually turns off. I've also power cycled my Xbox dozens of times. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I spent a ton of money on this controller and battery pack and I don't get to use it. It's not the controller because this happens with every controller I try.

:)

MatthewIsabella, May 17, 2021
  2. Ruthless Tenjin Win User

Achievement: Drill Sergeant issue

It's easy. The issue is the achievement not popping after countless plays with flawless effort.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

That doesnt make any sense. Why would you design a bluetooth protocol on your own OS that didnt auto connect?
    It should auto connect. My controller does.

The only time my Xbox One controller won't auto connect is when I've connected it to my gaming PC via USB to charge the battery. After this I have to re-sync the controller. But I only have to do this for the duration of the battery charge. My controller
    auto syncs first time from Windows boot up.

The issue is that the controller has two wireless protocols. It does not use Bluetooth with the wireless gaming receiver, or when connected to an Xbox console.

If your controller won't auto connect then there must be something wrong with your Bluetooth hardware on your PC. Have you tried a Bluetooth dongle to test this out?
  4. ParticleTesting Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 controller not connecting on latest build

Well for one that's for the Xbox One, I'm talking about an Xbox 360 controller. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver countless times, it just won't connect. Something I've noticed is that when I press the sync button on the controller and then on
    the receiver, the controllers lights quickly stop flashing, indicating that it is in some way communicating with the receiver, but just won't connect. I've also tested both the controller and the receiver on a different computer and they are both perfectly
    functional meaning the blame definitely lies with Windows.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Controllers won't turn on at all

Greetings, SummedCow824414! Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. To make sure we cover all our bases, can you take a look at this support article and try the steps listed there: "Xbox
    360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    "? I'd be interested to know if your controllers still won't turn on after completing these steps. Thanks in advance!
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller will not connect to my Xbox One X

Thema:

My wireless controller won't connect after countless efforts

1. My wireless controller won't connect after countless efforts - Similar Threads - wireless controller won't

2. Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do: Yes you read that title correctly, I already did whatever step there is known to man. But this controller, which is just 3 months old, just decided to stop connecting to any devices via Bluetooth....
  3. Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect: Hello Sometimes my xboz controller/xbkz branded headaet lost connection to the console unexpectedly. It cannot be synced by holding down the sync button. The only way to fix this is to restart...
  4. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect: I received my new Xbox Elite wireless controller 2 few days ago and I had no problem pairing it to my PC via Bluetooth. The problem though is that after it worked the 1st time, now when I turn it...
  5. Xbox wireless controller won't work in Accessories app test mode (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller won't work in Accessories app test mode (PC): I tried to test the controller buttons in Xbox Accessories app on Win10, but the test mode wouldn't work at all. 1403fd05-1850-49ce-89ac-c463093f6d10
  6. Xbox one wireless controllers won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless controllers won't stay connected: I have been using wired controllers for a long time. I invested in a new wireless controller but have a constant problem with it losing connection. It will drop out and take a few seconds to...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller won't turn on after Firmware Update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Wireless Controller won't turn on after Firmware Update: Wow, I updated the Firmware for the Xbox One Controller and now it wont turn on wirelessly. Please send me a new one. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate of your company to release a firmware...
  8. The controller that came with my xbox says it is wireless but won't turn on unless it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller that came with my xbox says it is wireless but won't turn on unless it is...: So I got an xbox at the start if quarantine and the controller that came with it is supposed to be wireless. The controller came with batteries that I assume were charged. I went to turn it on...
  9. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.: I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have figured (out after a long and painful process) that when the EHD is plugged in, the wireless...
  10. Headset won't work with wireless controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won't work with wireless controllers: I have a Turtle Bay 50X wired headset. It doesn't not work with either controller. It did for approximately 2 months, but then it stopped. The company sent me a brand new headset and had the same...