My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...

Discus and support My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am extremely frustrated due to my experience with X1X and Insider. My Xbox is in Insider due to an early build of Halo MCC or maybe Minecraft RTX I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/malrobot, Nov 22, 2020.

1. /u/malrobot
    /u/malrobot Guest

My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...

I am extremely frustrated due to my experience with X1X and Insider. My Xbox is in Insider due to an early build of Halo MCC or maybe Minecraft RTX I tried a few years ago and I haven't thought about it since. I can't imagine I'm the only one who enrolled in Insider for early access to some beta or cool new tech and then forgot about it forever.

Today, I received errors E105 and E102 when booting my X1X. These can be hardware or software problems but are very serious. Listening to the console, the hard drive sounds fine (no clicking or other strange sounds, seems to spin up okay) which is one typical diagnosis. Factory resetting just appears to restart the Xbox back into these errors. Installing OSU1 via USB just gets me E101 presumably because I'm in Insider and we can't offline update. Opening the Insider app on my PC doesn't show me my console but I unenrolled my PC / deleted my account anyways. Microsoft says a repair is $249 because my console is out of warranty. I guess my only other option is to try to put in a new internal hard drive and copy files over, but that won't fix anything if the OS version is truly busted.

My hunch is that my Xbox got updated recently to this Insider OS version (OS version is 19041.4402.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2010.201023-1840) from a relatively old OS version, since I only use my Xbox every few weeks or once a month and leave it powered off the rest of the time. The upgrade process of this new Insider OS version was not tested sufficiently and essentially bricked my One X, with my only recourse being to pay $249 to fix Microsoft's problem.

Does anyone have suggestions here? I've owned every Xbox so far except the new XSX so this is really depressing to me as a long time fan My X1X is now a 0 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)... :(. I had a red ringed X360 but Microsoft fixed it at their cost which actually increased my loyalty a lot.

submitted by /u/malrobot
    [link] [comments]

/u/malrobot, Nov 22, 2020
  2. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

No picture

Are you in the xbox insider program?

If so there are constant updates and at times it can get buggy
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Anyone else having issues since the most recent update?

Are you in the Xbox Insiders program by any chance? Those builds tend to be much more buggy than the official dashboard updates.
  4. itzzApoc Win User

Unable to find microphone for these users!

Make sure both the controller & headset are updated. I know I’ve had to unplug my headset while in a party & sometimes that worked. Are you part of the insiders program? I know it can be buggy at times.
    Both are up to date. Insider program? Whats that?
  5. Turtlejay Win User

Latest Update won't install

at first it didnt force the update and i was able to go online, now its forcing it so im pretty much s.o.l. . Dont know what to do now. I have a 500 dollar paperweight
  6. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

buggy xbox txt chat

Yeah I'm a insider program and it was kinda buggy today.
Thema:

1. My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)... - Similar Threads - X1X $500 paperweight

2. Unenroll Old X1X, Enroll New Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Unenroll Old X1X, Enroll New Series X: Selling my X1X. Can I unenroll it and enroll my new XSeriesX when it arrives ? Alpha preview submitted by /u/transfix6 [link] [comments]
  3. Series X Blu-Ray/4k player does not output true black (even though the X1X does)

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Blu-Ray/4k player does not output true black (even though the X1X does): This one surprised me, especially considering I figured the Blu-ray would be the same as the X1X. Turns out that the Blu-ray app on the Series X puts out a very (VERY) dark gray (RGB value of...
  4. Forza Horizon 1 game disc not working on X1X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 1 game disc not working on X1X: I have an xbox one x, and recently purchased a used copy of Forza Horizon 1 (xbox 360), which is listed on the backwards compatibility list of games for xbox one. When I insert the disc, nothing...
  5. X1X and Resident Evil 7 overheating issue

in XboX Insiders
    X1X and Resident Evil 7 overheating issue: Hi, my X1X spins the fan like a jet engine on the *menus* on RE7 then go almost silent when playing, even for hours at time. WTF? submitted by /u/__agony__ [link] [comments]
  6. X1X HDMI issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X HDMI issues: Hey all; here's the skinny; I use an Xbox one X on a Samsung Q80R which besides the annoying power on/off they like to play with each other has been seamless. Until today that is. I turned on the...
  7. X1X Scorpio 100Mpbs only?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Scorpio 100Mpbs only?: I have a XBox One X Scorpio Edition and the ethernet port on it will not switch to Gigabit. I am using a Cat6 cable and a gigabit router, no other switching equipment in between. Tested the...
  8. WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead

in XboX Insiders
    WD MyBook Duo 28TB not working on my X1X alpha skip-ahead: I used the USB type-c to a cable with the package from WD to connect the unit to X1X, everytime it will prompt me to format it to fit with Xbox's game storage standard and I can see it shows will...
  9. Problems with Final Fantasy XIII-2 backwards compatibility on X1X - massive stuttering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Final Fantasy XIII-2 backwards compatibility on X1X - massive stuttering: Hi everyone, I wanted to replay FFXIII-2 on my Xbox One X but sometimes the Game starts to stutter like crazy and most of the times it only helps to close/restart the Game. I cleaned out the local...
  10. X1X Settings wont open/Microphone crashes to home

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Settings wont open/Microphone crashes to home: Hello, since today I'm having very wierd issues with my xbox one x. - First I can't open the Settings app, everytime I try, it show me the logo then back to the homescreen. - Also, when creating...