My Xbox 360 controller isn't working.

Discus and support My Xbox 360 controller isn't working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I went to Gamestop and bought a blue preowned wired rockcandy (thirdparty) controller. I tried playing some coop halo with a friend, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thedrummer1000, Jun 10, 2014.

1. My Xbox 360 controller isn't working.

Today I went to Gamestop and bought a blue preowned wired rockcandy (thirdparty) controller. I tried playing some coop halo with a friend, and the controller had to reconnect every 5 seconds. Should I ask for a refund, or is this common and can I fix it?

:)

thedrummer1000, Jun 10, 2014
  2. My controller stopped working

My Xbox 360 controller isn't working. Whenever I even touch the Right trigger, it turns off. What do I do?

P1cket1nWarr10r, Jun 10, 2014
  3. my controller isn't working

for some strange reason when i create a party it says i don't have a mic even though i do and its plugged in to the controller. please help me so i can chat with my friends in parties.

GhostCrusherX, Jun 10, 2014
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

my controller isn't working

Hey there GhostCrusherX,

Have you tried using another headset with the controller or a different controller to see if that changed anything? What brand and model headset are you using?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. P1cket1nWarr10r Win User

My controller stopped working

My Xbox 360 controller isn't working. Whenever I even touch the Right trigger, it turns off. What do I do?
  6. XTreme228 Win User

Take part in creating a Minecraft Monument for the forum!

A giant plasma screen tv with minecraft on the screen. And if it isn't too much work put the Xbox 360 and controller near it then hook up the Xbox 360 to the tv.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One controller version for xbox 360?

Actually, USB 3 is not nessisary for the One controller as it works just fine on my PC in a 2.0 port. The WiFi is different though that's true. The OP isn't asking for One controller support on 360, they're asking for One controller design for 360.
  8. Julian_ Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller practically unuseable.

Hi! So just to be clear: Is the controller brand new as stated in the beginning or did it came with the Xbox 360 you bought at a yard sale? If it's the latter I would first check if the controller isn't working properly as I never had this issue with my
    gamepads that came with the Xbox 360.

Also, did you test this with different games?
Thema:

My Xbox 360 controller isn't working.

1. My Xbox 360 controller isn't working. - Similar Threads - 360 controller isn't

2. remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    remote headset wont pair with controller and xbox 360: Hi,i cant connect up my official headset it goes to 2 when the xbox 360 and controller stay on 1 i have tried other official earpiece and they just go to 3 or 4 but not 1 any ideas whats happening...
  3. Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?: Hi there. I wanted to ask if its possible to use an old Xbox 360 controller on the xbox beta app? I got the game pass and would like to play for example "ori and the blind forrest" with an old...
  4. I want to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC wireless but all I have is this Cellink...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC wireless but all I have is this Cellink...: As you know I only have A Cellink BTA-3000 bluetooth Dongle, a wireless Xbox 360 controller and I am on Win 10. In my device manager the dongle is only picked up as Unknown USB Device (Device...
  5. My xbox 360 controller isn't connecting to my PC that i can use it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 controller isn't connecting to my PC that i can use it.: I got a wireless xbox 360 controller is connected via an insten cable to my pc, its on a usb 2.0 hub at the backside of my pc, i got a desktop pc, if i connect my controller to my pc, i can see it...
  6. My xbox 360 controller isn't connecting to my PC that i can use it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 controller isn't connecting to my PC that i can use it.: I got a wireless xbox 360 controller is connected via an insten cable to my pc, its on a usb 2.0 hub at the backside of my pc, i got a desktop pc, if i connect my controller to my pc, i can see it...
  7. Wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized on Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized on Windows 10 PC: Hello. I've spent at least 3 hours on this issue and read through at least 70-80 topics and posts on multiple different forums, websites and Microsoft support / help pages. When I connect my Xbox...
  8. Xbox One Isn't IR Controlling Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Isn't IR Controlling Xbox 360: I am still using an Xbox 360 as a Media Center Extender to watch live and recorded TV. I wish Microsoft would work with Silicondust's HDHomerun or come up with some other way to incorporate that...
  9. why isn't there software to get the xbox 360 controller to work with windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why isn't there software to get the xbox 360 controller to work with windows?: there is a driver that makes it accessible to programs but if I want to choose what the buttons do such as to control the mouse I have to pay an additional amount of money to buy a program to do...
  10. Wired Xbox 360 Controller isn't being detected by PC on Windows 8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox 360 Controller isn't being detected by PC on Windows 8: I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting on. If it isn't please just move it. I have been using a wired Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 8 PC for a while now, just today I went to...