My Xbox 360 keeps dimming and turning black as I'm playing games.

Discus and support My Xbox 360 keeps dimming and turning black as I'm playing games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been playing Minecraft recently as it has become more and more popular. However, as I'm playing, it keeps dimming until I can no longer see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pixie_ray, Jul 26, 2019.

1. pixie_ray
    pixie_ray Guest

Ive been playing Minecraft recently as it has become more and more popular. However, as I'm playing, it keeps dimming until I can no longer see anything. What should I do?

:)

pixie_ray, Jul 26, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi pixie_ray,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

What model Xbox 360 do you have and does it have an official Xbox 360 hard drive? Does this only happen with Minecraft or just using the console in general?

If you do, I recommend
    clearing the hard drive's system cache
    and then turning off the console, and unplugging all cables for at least 5 minutes.

Let us know if that helps.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Does this only happen on Minecraft? If so, there's not an issue with your Xbox... its an issue with your brightness/gamma settings. For games with dark atmospheres (as Minecraft has a day and night cycle, as well as the whole mining in caves thing) you'll
    need to tweak your brightness settings in the game or use the in game light sources. For Minecraft if you want to just see "everything," crank the gamma up to 100 or craft some torches.

If that's not the case, the audio-video Xbox 360 support link may help.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-360/console/Audio-Video
  4. ImperialCobra9 Win User

Screen brightness very low when turning system on

I'm having the same problem on my Xbox One. All my other devices hooked up to my TV display perfectly, and are not super dim like when I turn my Xbox on.
  5. SpyrosKap Win User

Black screen

I bought my Xbox One S in December 2018 and currently i'm experiencing 2nd black screen in a few months.

I got first black screen in January 2019 and got my xbox fixed by Microsoft. Now in June 2019 i got 2nd black screen. So frustrated!

I'm curious what did they fix? What is causing black screens? I'm also playing my games on external hard drive to not strain the internal hard drive but black screen keeps happening.

I've tried troubleshooting steps (except the usb update cause i don't remember my dashboard version and i still have black screen) so i'm confused nothing works.

I'm thinking if it gets fixed for a 2nd time i'm going to sell my Xbox One S and buy an Xbox One X so maybe i would have better luck with different hardware. I really don't know... my white Xbox 360 Pro is still alive and never got red ring of death and
    Xbox One S keeps breaking with black screens. I'm lucky with Xbox 360 but so unlucky with Xbox One S. I'm so disappointed with Microsoft hardware.
  6. Verschwinde Win User

Xbox One will not power on after initially working and my experience so far trying to contact Microsoft to fix it.

I'm having the same issue, definitely defective equipment not an outlet, I also spent 2hours installing crap before I could play. It turned off 2 minutes into the game and won't turn back on. Its not the outlet. The power supply light is much more dim
    then when everything was working, sometimes when it first plugs in it is as bright as initially but half a second later goes dim again. Microsoft just ruined my weekend. So many failed promises. I miss Bill Gates.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 keeps dimming and turning black as I'm playing games. - Similar Threads - 360 keeps dimming

2. Xbox live gold for Xbox 360 worth keeping?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold for Xbox 360 worth keeping?: Xbox live gold download for November is supposed to include Lego Batman 2 but Lego Batman 1 is being offered for the second time. Is the Xbox live gold membership for Xbox 360 users worth anything...
  3. Xbox 360 can't sync and keeps on crushing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 can't sync and keeps on crushing: Hey my Xbox 360 keeps on crashing wgen I try to load some of my games what can I do to solve it? e4e3ba42-b330-45f0-9309-c6bbeb9bf50e
  4. 360 keeps failing downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 keeps failing downloads: Recently moved my 360 into one of the bedrooms in the house. Formatted the hdd to get all the junk off there and now when I try to re-download Final Fantasy xiii and xii-2 they keep failing. I'm...
  5. My S Series keeps crashing. DO NOT download Xbox 360 profile. HELP please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My S Series keeps crashing. DO NOT download Xbox 360 profile. HELP please.: Good morning, I am writing again because a week ago I asked for help because my series s did not download my xbox 360 profile so I can not play 360 games. In this link you can see the...
  6. xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A: xbox 360 Keeps giving me an error 8015190A, and tells me to go to account.live.com to fix....My credentials let me login on that site, but when I try to download my profile onto my xbox 360 it...
  7. My wired xbox 360 controller keeps reconnecting as player 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired xbox 360 controller keeps reconnecting as player 2?: sometimes during the day, my controller keeps reconnecting as player 2. most of the times is while im in the middle of the game, i have noticed this problem in rocket league....
  8. My Xbox 360 live account keeps signing out when I log into my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 live account keeps signing out when I log into my Xbox.: My Xbox 360 Live account keeps Signing out when I sign in with my Xbox account on the consol. I bought the Xbox Live Pass it worked well for 2 weeks but now I have this problem i don not know what...
  9. Xbox 360 game download keeps resetting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 game download keeps resetting: Recently, I bought Halo: Combat Evolved on my Xbox 360. After an hour of figuring out why the purchase option wouldn't appear on the game's page, I finally round it in the "On Demand" section of...
  10. Xbox 360 slim main drive keeps wipping data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim main drive keeps wipping data: Xbox 360 slim main drive keeps wipping data and i have to format it again to be used Once format done, it asks me to update, That was done about 4 times with main drive losing data and reformat...