my xbox 360 S memory unit will not format

Discus and support my xbox 360 S memory unit will not format in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had this 360 since 2012. Before I moved to Minot, it was working normally. After I moved, it wouldn't connect to the internet even when hardlined... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SIRDgamer, Aug 28, 2019.

1. SIRDgamer
    SIRDgamer Guest

I've had this 360 since 2012. Before I moved to Minot, it was working normally. After I moved, it wouldn't connect to the internet even when hardlined into the modem via CAT5. So, I formatted the memory unit. Now it doesn't work right at all (it'll play
    games and dvds and that's it). It won't save any settings or files and it still won't connect to the net. I tried another formatting, but it didn't do jack. However, when I go through and manually delete everything, it'll connect to the net (though it still
    won't download updates). That lasts until the console is reset, then it's back to the dysfunctional stage as if nothing ever happened.

I got it without a hard drive.

Two of the files that were supposedly removed during the first formatting (Netflix and FFXIII-2) are corrupted, and I cannot get rid of them no matter what I try.

:)

SIRDgamer, Aug 28, 2019
  2. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Since you can't get it repaired, you could try to buy a used memory in the store now the prices are really low
  3. ArminatorX Win User

It seems as if the built in Flash memory of the console became corrupted.

Unfortunately, Microsoft stopped servicing the Xbox 360 console. So you probably can't get it repaired or replaced.

You might try to plug an USB drive into your console to use that as an additional memory unit. Insert a USB flash drive or hard disk into any USB port, go to the settings, and under storage have the console set up the USB storage as a console storage device.

If that works, you're good to go. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to get a new console.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Since you can't get it repaired, you could try to buy a used memory in the store now the prices are really low
    You can't buy used memory for the internal memory unit of the Xbox 360 S 4GB model. The flash memory of the 360S is soldered on the motherboard and can't be replaced.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

6. IceStorm III Win User

HDD Question

If it's an XBOX 360 HDD that mounts inside a 360 S or clips on to the top/side of an original 360, well... you've just ruined the drive by formatting it using a PC.

If it's an external USB HDD you're using to install a 16GB USB Memory Unit, it's fine.
Thema:

1. my xbox 360 S memory unit will not format - Similar Threads - 360 memory unit

2. Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is incorrectly advertised. But here's a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is incorrectly advertised. But here's a...: Xbox 360 & Xbox One's memory sold to the consumer is a lie. But here's a method to FIX it so it isn't being falsely advertised to the consumer. Look if the consumer is being told that they have...
  3. Xbox 360 corrupted internal memory unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 corrupted internal memory unit: Hi, My Xbox 360's internal storage is showing up as containing files (only 450 MB out of the 3 GB capacity is used), but it shows up as empty when I go to it. Consequently, I cannot access my...
  4. Memory issues with Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Memory issues with Xbox 360: Hello everyone, I'm new here. I was hit with nostalgia today, so I took out my old Xbox 360 arcade and decided to download Castle Crashers from the xbox live marketplace. I bought the game, hit...
  5. Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing memory unit (internal storage) for Xbox 360 S: ok... so I have this Xbox 360 S but it says it doesn’t have a memory unit. I have hard drives for it but I was wanting to use the internal storage to move stuff here and there but I can’t. I’ve...
  6. Xbox 360 Memory Unit has been unformatted ever since I've had the red ring of death, Help ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Memory Unit has been unformatted ever since I've had the red ring of death, Help ...: Yes, I have tried to format it but the screen says it will delete all my data. Obviously, I don't want that, so can someone please help me and tell me how to format my memory unit without deleting...
  7. Mom question about memory unit installed on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mom question about memory unit installed on Xbox 360: My older son, who is away in the Marine Corps, installed an extra memory unit to my 9 y/o son's Xbox 360. Was it put inside? Please don't laugh at me, I know nothing of this :-) I am selling the...
  8. xbox 360 error on xbox 360 arcade (internal memory unit=4 gig) (32 gig compatible external ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 error on xbox 360 arcade (internal memory unit=4 gig) (32 gig compatible external ...: Hello! I'm having trouble with my Xbox 360 "Again" I'm almost to to the point of cancelling my xbox live account.. i've been a member for 6 yrs and within that time I have spent close to 50,000...
  9. Xbox 360 Memory Unit suddenly shows up as unformatted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Memory Unit suddenly shows up as unformatted: Hello. I was always using a USB-Stick as a Memory Unit to save my savegames when going to a friend and playing together, but suddenly, after years of working normally, it shows up as unformatted....
  10. Profiles Disappeared Off Xbox 360 Memory Unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profiles Disappeared Off Xbox 360 Memory Unit: So I have a 4GB Xbox 360 and out of nowhere this morning, it seems to have deleted all of my profiles. I went to turn it on and it skipped the sign-in page completely, which was when I realized...