My xbox account is listed as an adult account except I cannot use a custom profile picture?

Discus and support My xbox account is listed as an adult account except I cannot use a custom profile picture? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had my Xbox account set as a child so i followed this youtube video: [MEDIA] everything went as planned and that child account is now listed as an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DubstepDENTIST, Jun 3, 2018.

1. My xbox account is listed as an adult account except I cannot use a custom profile picture?

I had my Xbox account set as a child so i followed this youtube video: everything went as planned and that child account is now listed as an adult on the family tab,
    only problem is, is that that account can still not import a custom profile picture for xbox. Will it take a while for this transfer to go into effect, or is the change purely visual and my account is still regarded as a child?

:)

DubstepDENTIST, Jun 3, 2018
  2. XBOX BETA

So ive tried to use Xbox Beta to change to a custom profile picture but its not working for me says I need to be 18 but I'm 22 even my account says its an adult account I'm not sure why it isn't reading my account and registering it as an adult account please
    help my gamertag is

Lil Queen 4699, Jun 3, 2018
  3. bdog1288
    bdog1288 Guest
    Xbox limitations

I recently verified my microsoft account age proving to be an adult and on xbox I still cannot do certain things such as change the profile picture to custom and in-game I am limited. If wondering, the game I am having issues with would be Forza Horizon
    4. More specifically I cannot use the auction house or apply custom tunes to my cars. It says it is blocked by xbox parental settings.

bdog1288, Jun 3, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

My xbox account is listed as an adult account except I cannot use a custom profile picture?

If the age of your account is still under 18, then you're still considered a child. There is no way to change the age of an account once it has been created.

Smwutches, Jun 3, 2018
  5. Is there any way to grant more permissions or am I going to be stuck with not being able to do things?

DubstepDENTIST, Jun 3, 2018
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You'll have to wait until you(it) turns 18.

Smwutches, Nov 3, 2018
  7. DubstepDENTIST Win User

If the age of your account is still under 18, then you're still considered a child. There is no way to change the age of an account once it has been created.
    Is there any way to grant more permissions or am I going to be stuck with not being able to do things?
  8. Smwutches Win User

You'll have to wait until you(it) turns 18.
  9. Smwutches Win User

10. Azura Swiftz Win User

XBOX ONE CUSTOM GAMER PICTURE ISSUE

If you are using a child account you cannot use a custom gamerpic. There is no way to change the birthdate on an xbox live account.
    But on my parental account, I have changed my main account to an adult account yet nothing has happened
  11. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox profile glitching

Hi Petrus,

Custom profile pictures are only allowed for adult accounts which would be 18 in the United States. You say that you have been able to choose a custom picture before on this same account? And how are you setting the custom pic, through the Xbox app or on
    the console with a USB?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-gamerpic-on-xbox-one

Double check your Xbox Live privacy settings found in your Account settings and make sure it's set to adult defaults or customize the privacy settings to allow all of the social features. If it doesn't allow you to change settings without a parent account,
    then you have a child account.

As far as the friends list goes, there may be a profile data syncing error with the Xbox Live servers. I suggest removing your profile, power cycle the Xbox, and then re-add the account but make sure you know the correct login information before you remove
    the account:

Let us know what happens.
Thema:

1. My xbox account is listed as an adult account except I cannot use a custom profile picture? - Similar Threads - account listed adult

2. LISTED AS A CHILD ACCOUNT??!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    LISTED AS A CHILD ACCOUNT??!!: I accidentally hooked my account to one of my friends and i am listed as a child account. i have been removed off his family unit and taken off parental restrictions (or so i thought) and i am...
  3. Xbox device missing from list of devices for family members in my microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox device missing from list of devices for family members in my microsoft account: I recently purchased an Xbox 360 E and successfully added it to my microsoft account. I have also successfully downloaded our Xbox Live accounts to the Xbox 360 E.. When I look at the list of...
  4. Cant Request Case Review on Account Because the Enforcement isnt listed on the website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant Request Case Review on Account Because the Enforcement isnt listed on the website: I got an enforcement on my account a couple days ago and I'm unable to submit a case review because the ban doesnt even show up on the website. I only see a previously completed suspension in...
  5. How do I remove an account from the list on the Xbox Indentity Provider app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove an account from the list on the Xbox Indentity Provider app?: On Windows 10 when logging intoan app such as the Xbox Console Companion App, another app will appear called the Xbox Identity Provider app. I have unused and unneeded accounts listed on this app....
  6. XBOX 360 games not listed on account

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 games not listed on account: I go to look at my games and all it shows is my XBOX ONE and PC games I own. It does not show the 360 games I own and should work on the XB1 since backwards compatibility has been established....
  7. Want to change account from UK to AE but it is not listed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want to change account from UK to AE but it is not listed: Dear Microsoft support team somehow when i create my original Microsoft account it was under UK . I need to migrate it to AE (United Arab Emirates) but the region is not listed in the migration...
  8. if someone I share my games with someone who is connected to my xbox account sign in list,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if someone I share my games with someone who is connected to my xbox account sign in list,...: I have my brothers account in my sign in (switch account) area. He has all my games down loaded on his xbox. I dont want him to be able to access my account on the games he plays, if he does not...
  9. I can not get any help changing the birth date on an account listed as a child account in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can not get any help changing the birth date on an account listed as a child account in...: I created the child account years ago not knowing the birth date would be such a crucial thing. I got a 2nd Xbox for Christmas this year and put a 2 year subscription to Xbox Live on it only to...
  10. i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i have set up a microsoft family account for my son, but his friends xbox seems to be listed ...: I have set up a microsoft family account to monitor my son's usage, but his friends xbox seems to be listed as the 'home console' on my account. does anyone know how this could have happened and...