: My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,...

Discus and support : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection, NOT USB. My xbox can't detect my Comcast cable box all of a... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Clint F., Jun 3, 2021.

1. Clint F.
    Clint F. Guest

: My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,...

: My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection, NOT USB.
    My xbox can't detect my Comcast cable box all of a sudden. It is the HDMI connection, not the USB. I've tried every troubleshooting step I can find at least five times and no results.

:)

Clint F., Jun 3, 2021
  2. JohnnyB940 Win User

Xbox unable to see or connect to PC

hey Jaybear any luck?

I stream from my pc and laptop, and like you all of a sudden x-box is'nt detectinig my laptop, but is detecting pc.
  3. xJade0x Win User

Comcast Help!! FOUND SOLUTIONS!!!!

Ok, so I have my xbox one hooked up to my tv and it's also hooked up to my cable box with two separate HDMI cables.. I can't even get a signal. Help please?? It says it detects a signal

but no picture ever pops up.
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Overheating Alerts

Well I mean because its always gonna need to be on when watching tv now since the cable box is no longer connected to one of my HDMI ports on my tv. Its going to be connected to the X1 and your gonna need the X1 & cable box on now
  5. Zoop81 Win User

Sound cuts out????

The cable out of the BOX is only one of two required HDMI connection, though. There should be an HDMI connecting the XBOX One to the Cable Box (I used the included cable for this) and an HDMI connecting the XBOX to the Television (I used my existing HDMI
    connecting TV to Cable for this).

I am going to try buying the highest quality HDMI cable I can find from Best Buy and will see if it makes any difference. It would also be a good idea if someone has a second TV they can connect and measure if the problem persists. If neither of these
    things fixes the issue I think it's time for an exchange.
  6. Trentelshark Win User

Resolution from Standby Part 2

Do you have HDMI set to auto-select? I used to have issues like this with my TV/cable box and it was the TV failing the HDMI handshake when starting up. If it is on auto-detect, I can't recall if there is a setting and am at work, but can you force the
    X-Box to run in the expected resolution?
Thema:

1. : My xbox can't detect my cable box all of a sudden. Any ideas? Its the HDMI connection,... - Similar Threads - can't detect cable

2. Rust mic not detected. I can't get it to work does anyone know the fix for this

in XboX Insiders
    Rust mic not detected. I can't get it to work does anyone know the fix for this: I'm on the rust xbox beta. Whenever I hit a load screen it shows mic not detected. But my headset works just fine. I have tried going to game chat doesn't work. Is anyone else having this problem?...
  3. Xbox App on PC can't detect installed games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on PC can't detect installed games?: I have many games installed on my device. Today i opened the app and it showed me 0 installed games despite they ARE installed. And it seems the only way to play them is to download them again....
  4. can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...: Hi - external hard drive (500GB) is set up and detected to capture gameplay clips. It should be able to capture up to 1 hour right? But when I try to choose the length of time to capture, the max...
  5. My Xbox can't detect properly my HDD.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox can't detect properly my HDD.: I recently run into a problem with my Xbox One, that is I ran out of space on it. So I purchased a 2TB SeaGate HDD (the Xbox edition), and attached it to my Xbox. My is that, the Xbox can't...
  6. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...
  7. Xbox One can't detect external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One can't detect external hard drive: I had gotten a brand new 4tb gaming hard drive recently. It has already been formatted and had games installed on it. I have been using it for over two weeks and now for some reason my xbox one...
  8. Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Optical Disk Drive can't detect any disks: I bought a used Xbox One and it worked perfectly. About 6 months (I've had it for a year now) after I bought it the optical disk drive just stopped working (Watched a Blu-ray movie before bed,...
  9. XBox One can't detect external harddisk after Systemupdate

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One can't detect external harddisk after Systemupdate: yesterday i did a systemupdate on my XBox One S and after that the external harddisks cannot be detected anymore. A normal USB-Stick works fine but external 4TB harddisk has gone. On a PC i still...
  10. Why can't my Xbox One S wireless controller detect headsets?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my Xbox One S wireless controller detect headsets?: I bought my Xbox one S Wireless Controller in August 2018, and the 3.5mm headphone jack has been working fine. Then, yesterday it just stopped working completely. Can someone help me?...